Go to page:

DU Convention

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Jaysus, you lot have given me a bloody good laugh...
I'm in for the Czech Republic or Iceland or Greenland or those parts of England that don't speak English, anywhere out of Australia.
OK I'll consider NZ, sorry not interested in the US.
Viddax is the man to clear the way, to placate the locals before we arrive.
It's so good to hear Madame L has her head screwed on and is doing some forward planning though it's sad news to hear about hemi and his predicament.
I could hear Magnetron's version of a well known song singing in my ears, maybe the theme song everytime someone arrives at the convention.  
Keep planning, am sure it'll lift off soon  😉  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14795

Viddax said:

If the lady will not go to the convention, then the convention will go to her. Cue 'The Liberty Bell' (Monty Python theme) accompanied by doors smashing inwards.

Bwahaha!

"No where to run to, baby! No where to hide." 🎵🎵

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

You're just the sort of girl we're looking for.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Hepcat61 said:Why am I suddenly put in mind of Paris 1920's, a zinc bar bistro and Pound just took a swing at Hemingway, missed and broke poor Joyce's glasses... again!  

Could we have it at the Paris, that way we can have  the full bar fight breakout in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower...

I wonder if they'd play along and actually send Gendarmes to break it up...

Don't forget Coco Channel.  Nobody could heat-up a 20's Paris party like her.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Kid, I am an old man.  And I'm proud of it.  That's why I post a current photo of me.  

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

viceroycigs said:and have sex? seriously?? thts honestly so try hard this isnt a hookup site but if you wanted to have sex with someone on here thats whatever, there are a lot of underage people on this site, they wouldn't be able to have a say so to go to that kind of thing. honestly make it for everyone not just horny desperate adults.

I think it would be pretty safe to say, no minor DU members would have the means or the money to attend a DU convention. But if they did we'd preserve their virtue because we'd need a virgin to sacrifice.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Viddax said:It would be consensual sex if it was sex anyway, regardless of any other styles or types of intercourse. Besides, if the creative juices are flowing then some people may well want to get other juices flowing as well. Personally I would prefer to drink some fruit juice and admire the curves and aspects of the incredibly creative minds.... and then get to know them more intimately.
Given the past year, France might not be a good idea either, because of all that terrorism nonsense. And secondly because its France. I kid; it would make quite a statement to have the convention there: Liberté, égalité, fraternité and all that in the name of art.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Viddax said:It would be consensual sex if it was sex anyway, regardless of any other styles or types of intercourse. Besides, if the creative juices are flowing then some people may well want to get other juices flowing as well. Personally I would prefer to drink some fruit juice and admire the curves and aspects of the incredibly creative minds.... and then get to know them more intimately.
Given the past year, France might not be a good idea either, because of all that terrorism nonsense. And secondly because its France. I kid; it would make quite a statement to have the convention there: Liberté, égalité, fraternité and all that in the name of art.

I think Mecca would be the perfect place!  Considering the public floggings, it would satisfy my S&M fantasies.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

seekingkate said:Why make the meet up in the USA?  There are a lot of members of DU who are from the US so how about experiencing something different?  Europe would be the best place to have a DU convention, preferably a country that speaks little english or doesn't like to speak english like parts of France?  Let's get completely out of our comfort zone for the experience 😉

Sounds good.  I'd go for a European vacation.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Poem-Worm said:I'll try to worm my way there!

You just wiggle, and we'll all giggle.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

I don't know how serious the idea is this time around, as this has been bounced around a few times before ... Hell there have been writing comps on the idea too.

For the sake of conversation ... I'd say have it where there's already a literary convention going on so there are outlets for attendees to read, write and perform ...

New Orleans has a pretty good one going right now:

http://tennesseewilliams.net

Vegas, hell no! ... there's nothing artistic about that town

Europe ... I'd love to see Paris again ... I would imagine there are all sorts of festivals in the UK

My requisites are: great local food and cafes ... great intimate clubs for live music (jazz preferred) ... dancing thereafter ... open mic clubs where we could share poetry ... water views ... hookah (what you smoke is up to you)

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013

Given the current political climate, I may check this out ...

http://worldvoices.pen.org

case28
Alexander Case
Dangerous Mind
42awards
Joined 16th June 2013
Forum Posts: 2077

Brotha, I think Melbourne could be the city you're looking for...

http://mwf.com.au

Go to page:
Go to: