Go to page:

DU Convention

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 1873

Seriously.  Wouldn't a DU convention be fun?  

If we were to set up an informal get together in a common traveled place, like Los Vegas, this time next year, would you consider coming?

We do fun things together, like read poems, discuss poetry, drink, smoke weed and have sex.  

And we'd all get a good laugh witnessing the fistfights between poets that would undoubtable take place.

Your thoughts?

PS, my guess is that more than once literary agent would stop by.

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

snugglebuck said:Seriously.  Wouldn't a DU convention be fun?  

If we were to set up an informal get together in a common traveled place, like Los Vegas, this time next year, would you consider coming?

We do fun things together, like read poems, discuss poetry, drink, smoke weed and have sex.  

And we'd all get a good laugh witnessing the fistfights between poets that would undoubtable take place.

Your thoughts?

PS, my guess is that more than once literary agent would stop by.

I had one a few months back.....just me and one other, but we nailed all of the above just on the first night....pity you missed it...

ps strongly doubt there would be many fist fights. By the time you eliminate all the keyboard warriors, wall flowers, social rejects and straight out emotional wrecks, there would be a whole lot of fuck all going on....

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

Do they allow public ritual sacrifices in Vegas?

Umm
Dangerous Mind
1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2387

hemihead said:

ps strongly doubt there would be many fist fights. By the time you eliminate all the keyboard warriors, wall flowers, social rejects and straight out emotional wrecks, there would be a whole lot of fuck all going on....

right. because only emotionally stable people get into fist fights

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

You can't sacrifice a virgin, but you can sacrifice their virginity.  That sounds fun to me, just one problem; I'm worried we don't have any virgins who are members of DU.

snugglebuck
Dangerous Mind
United States 77awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2014

Damn.  Just like when I was a little kid.  I never get to attend any of the fun birthday parties.

poet Anonymous

snugglebuck said: just one problem; I'm worried we don't have any virgins who are members of DU.

I don't know, if I've learned anything from some more conservative people, they told me that God and chocolate are great ways to substitute sex.

Now thanks to the DU, I'm a Nun, a virgin, and I have fkn diabetes.

Jade-Pandora
jade tiger
Tyrant of Words
United States 154awards
Joined 9th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 5134

Miss_Sub said:
and I have fkn diabetes.

Believe me, even in jest as I'm sure you must have meant, you don't want to wish that upon yourself.

Poem-Worm
Poetry Worm
Thought Provoker
Joined 1st Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 346

I'll try to worm my way there!

HadesRising
Tyrant of Words
United States 34awards
Joined 8th June 2013
Forum Posts: 1617

snugglebuck said:You can't sacrifice a virgin, but you can sacrifice their virginity.

That's what I meant, of course.

poet Anonymous

Jade-Pandora said:
Believe me, even in jest as I'm sure you must have meant, you don't want to wish that upon yourself.

My Dad has a heart condition caused by diabetes. If you don't laugh about it, you'll cry, and I know which one I'd rather.

Hepcat61
geoff cat
Dangerous Mind
United States 33awards
Joined 27th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1028

Why am I suddenly put in mind of Paris 1920's, a zinc bar bistro and Pound just took a swing at Hemingway, missed and broke poor Joyce's glasses... again!  

Could we have it at the Paris, that way we can have  the full bar fight breakout in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower...

I wonder if they'd play along and actually send Gendarmes to break it up...

SatansSperm
Dangerous Mind
13awards
Joined 19th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 3112

If there was a convention & I knew in enough time to set the time aside I would love to attend SS

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

Why make the meet up in the USA?  There are a lot of members of DU who are from the US so how about experiencing something different?  Europe would be the best place to have a DU convention, preferably a country that speaks little english or doesn't like to speak english like parts of France?  Let's get completely out of our comfort zone for the experience 😉

Go to page:
Go to: