Go to page:

DU Convention

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

We should have it in my home town, it's literally the middle of nowhere, meth town USA it's like the definition of underground and there are lots of forested areas were you can do practically anything (murder notwithstanding, sorry hades) plus we could have insanely fresh stakes;)

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

case, don't suggest Melbourne, i'm aiming for leaving the country for Europe though Iceland would be great 😉

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

Viddax said:

If the lady will not go to the convention, then the convention will go to her. Cue 'The Liberty Bell' (Monty Python theme) accompanied by doors smashing inwards.

Id would just let you, Viddax. No reason to smash any of my beautiful doors. :)

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2461

Ahavati said:

Bwahaha!

"No where to run to, baby! No where to hide." 🎵🎵

haha, that made me laugh sugar. OK You can come in too. No door bashing. <3

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 31awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6698

mysteriouslady said:

Id would just let you, Viddax. No reason to smash any of my beautiful doors. :)

Windows it is then! That goes for all those also thinking of hiding from the convention/chaos/circus/amiable-chat-with-tea-and-crumpets.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14645

mysteriouslady said:

haha, that made me laugh sugar. OK You can come in too. No door bashing. <3

👜   ✈

LostGirl18
Fire of Insight
Canada 10awards
Joined 15th Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 105

Anytime. Anywhere.

Count me in.

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 16215

Well. Stands to reason that it be held in Europe or America.  Only a handful of SEAsians here.

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

On a separate but related question ... ? ... Where have your travels taken you in last year and or where are you going in the next 6 - 12 months ..

me, nada ... maybe Rome in 2018 with a study group ...

God, I need to find my passport and jump on a plane soon

seekingkate
kateA
Tyrant of Words
Australia 28awards
Joined 20th May 2014
Forum Posts: 2079

LobodeSanPedro said:On a separate but related question ... ? ... Where have your travels taken you in last year and or where are you going in the next 6 - 12 months ..

14 months ago it was India for the Jaipur Literature Festival and since then its been a few trips to capital cities within Australia.

2018? I'd like to go back in the direction of Europe, maybe the Scandanavian countries...at the moment it's just a dream 🙃

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

seekingkate said:
14 months ago it was India for the Jaipur Literature Festival and since then its been a few trips to capital cities within Australia.

2018? I'd like to go back in the direction of Europe, maybe the Scandanavian countries...at the moment it's just a dream 🙃

Wow Kate!  Turning a dark green here....Europe!

Grace
IDryad
Tyrant of Words
122awards
Joined 25th Aug 2011

anonymouslyhere said:We should have it in my home town, it's literally the middle of nowhere, meth town USA it's like the definition of underground and there are lots of forested areas were you can do practically anything (murder notwithstanding, sorry hades) plus we could have insanely fresh stakes;)

I love wooded areas...campfire and chicken roasted over fire...and lots of beer and strumming guitars and singing...wow:) Anon

LobodeSanPedro
Tyrant of Words
Sierra Leone 109awards
Joined 16th Apr 2013
Forum Posts: 3304

Grace said:

Wow Kate!  Turning a dark green here....Europe!

Feeling that shade of green also and St. Patrick's Day has long passed ...

I looked online at a quick flight to the Caribbean but that's iffy ... I'd love to do Rome and Paris next year ... maybe Kilimanjaro too for 2018 (bucket list) ...

I don't know about a wooded camp fire but a beachside campfire with grilled chicken - seafood and beer 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5601

LobodeSanPedro said:On a separate but related question ... ? ... Where have your travels taken you in last year and or where are you going in the next 6 - 12 months ..

Been laying low as far as travel --had a lot to sort out with the divorce and all....

But, there's been travel for work, in the sense of driving all over central Mass and Southern NH, checking on my students when they're on clinical rotations in the hospitals.

Add in trips back and forth to where my daughter is, nearly 2 hours away, and I put a lot of miles on my truck.  So right now, "travel" for me consists of yard sales and flea markets on the weekends, a drive to the beach here and there, and occasional out of town concert, and I have a day trip to Nantucket Island, booked for this summer with Wilson Bus Tours.  LOL

poet Anonymous

LobodeSanPedro said:

I don't know about a wooded camp fire but a beachside campfire with grilled chicken - seafood and beer 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Where do we sign up?!

Go to page:
Go to: