Go to page:

Official DU NaPoWriMo 2023 Discussion

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 739

ajay said:

Hi, PR. Does the Stomp The Prompt comp. have the same 50 unique word criterion as the NaPo comp?  I can't see  it mentioned in the Rules. Cheers. 💚

Hi, ajay, thanks for asking, no, it doesn't unless you plan to write and use the same exact entry to post to both NaPo comp and the Prompt comp.  If an entry is only for the Prompt comp, the rules are a bit more relaxed than if you are writing to post it in both comps, in which case it would have to adhere to the rules of NaPo comp.  Another point being that it its not necessary to number other than the prompt number or bold title Prompt comp entries within that comp, and they can be edited at any time up until the Prompt comp ends. You also have the option of linking to or copy pasting in the Prompt comp.   I hope that answers it,  let me know if you have any other questions

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016

Eerie said:

Oh I remember cake walks! Those were fun!!

Tell me about it, our family walked home with two one time from some school event,  but the donation we made to keep entering was like buying them flat out, they were homemade, though, can't beat that!  My mom kept admonishing us not to take the one we had brought, hehe..

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1226

PoetsRevenge said:

Hi, ajay, thanks for asking, no, it doesn't unless you plan to write and use the same exact entry to post to both NaPo comp and the Prompt comp.  If an entry is only for the Prompt comp, the rules are a bit more relaxed than if you are writing to post it in both comps, in which case it would have to adhere to the rules of NaPo comp.  I hope that answers it,  let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks, PR. 💚 It's now all clear. I'll sharpen me pencil and have a bash at it. 🙂

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016

ajay said:

Thanks, PR. 💚 It's now all clear. I'll sharpen me pencil and have a bash at it. 🙂

Great, I look forward to reading

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2297

i completely forgot all about the
Prompt Comp

i always try to enter at least one entry (hoping to germinate my brain cells and jumpstart 'em and the prompt comp is a very good way to do this)

Definitely got some ideas going..........
Yup
Yup
Yup

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 276

Im fucked up y'all...

Having fun wit it...

:)

<3

Watching the replay of Benevidez Plant...

Benevidez whooped that ass...

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1202

I have made a list of ideas today, but don't fancy and of them. I'm busy later, so ideally need to get started.

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021

Wafflenose said:I have made a list of ideas today, but don't fancy and of them. I'm busy later, so ideally need to get started.

[You got this shit E$...]

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14658

Dear Challenge Entrants! Team NaPo works very hard to ensure you complete this challenge without any strikes; therefore, a team member will send you a message asap if they notice anything out of compliance.

While it's your responsibility to get it right to begin with, we understand everyone makes mistakes because we've made them ourselves. Therefore, check back in asap in case you have a message about your entry before the 24-hour period expires or you'll receive the dreaded X.

That we even take time to send a message is a courtesy, being we are also entrants and have lives as well.

Thank you for reading. Now back to our regularly scheduled banter.

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021

Episode 2

Despite King Acrisius’ intervention, Danae gave birth to a boy:

CabPerseus, Son of Jeus.

King Acrisius is beside himself. He learns that Jeus turned himself into a sack of spider eggs, flying on the wind to the tower, where he became a seductive spider, weaving works of art for a mystified Danae.

Feeling slighted, the king appeals to AphLunadite, the patron deity of the city.

“AphLunadite, I have built you a lavish temple, filled with treasures and worshipers. I implore you to rise against Jeus.” 

The king stands before the towering stone statue of AphLunadite.

“I cannot rise against Jeus. But I am not opposed to you taking action. This is your kingdom and Jeus unlawfully accessed Danae.” AphLunadite says.

The king feels a ray of hope.

The next day he places CabPerseus and Danae on a wooden chest, sending them to the treacherous whims of the ocean tides.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14658

Congratulations, NaPoets! We're off and running ( with the exception of a couple of snafus )!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016

Tallen said:i completely forgot all about the
Prompt Comp

i always try to enter at least one entry (hoping to germinate my brain cells and jumpstart 'em and the prompt comp is a very good way to do this)

Definitely got some ideas going..........
Yup
Yup
Yup

That's the spirit !!  Heres a little jumpstart:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/12510/

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 776

Meet Team NaPoWriMo Founder/Director/Graphic Designer Ahavati.  A DUP member since 2015, she has given a lifetime of service to this virtual organisation.  Her eagle eyes see everything, master craftswoman as she is in keeping the seams of NaPo in their right peripheral spaces and zeroing in on the essential matters that keep the engines running.

Tireless is a weak word to describe her indefatigable pluck.  Although she is no-nonsense when it ones to standards and rules, she will cause you to pop your head off laughing at her wry humour, which is absolutely disarming on flintstone days.

Give it up for one who hangs everything in the balance to see missions accomplished!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 934

Thank you for doing this. It makes me a better poet, and when I am a better poet, I am a better person.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1754

Thank you Ahavati for organising NaPo once again -- it's a huge amount of work -- and it gifts DUPers with a great opportunity.

Go to page:
Go to: