Official DU NaPoWriMo 2023 Discussion

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 10awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1112

Ahavati said:

You guys are great! My stomach hurts from laughing, something that was definitely needed today! No sit ups required!

Next we'll have you doing squats - to pick up the missing i's off the floor...

I also googled the word and got the same wacky stuff about active ingredients... which just made it all more funny!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

brokentitanium said:

Next we'll have you doing squats - to pick up the missing i's off the floor...

I also googled the word and got the same wacky stuff about active ingredients... which just made it all more funny!

LMAO! I'll put you all out of your misery tomorrow! I promise!

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1332

Listen, I don’t care about typos! But all I could think  when I read ‘volatons’ was that we were getting vol-au-vents (I never new how that was spelled until I googled it) during NaPo and I was extremely pleased that baked good were being passed out this year! 🤣🤣🤣

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

Maybe we could have some donuts. They have the added advantage of looking like spare Os.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

I’m just here for the pills and the donuts 😋

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

LunaGreyhawk said:I’m just here for the pills and the donuts 😋

LOL I don’t need the pills 😅 but baked goods are certainly something I’d show up for 😇

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

DaisyGrace said:Listen, I don’t care about typos! But all I could think  when I read ‘volatons’ was that we were getting vol-au-vents (I never new how that was spelled until I googled it) during NaPo and I was extremely pleased that baked good were being passed out this year! 🤣🤣🤣

Well, they would've been had our **coughbakercough** not taken a year off!

Eerie said:

LOL I don’t need the pills 😅 but baked goods are certainly something I’d show up for 😇

Bake sale!

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

Ahavati said:

Bake sale!

Girl, you know I love a nice bake sale!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

Ahavati said:

Bake sale!

I miss church bake sales; there’s guaranteed to be something dusted in powdered sugar, something with pretzels in it, and something stuffed with peanut butter 😂😂

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

LunaGreyhawk said:

I miss church bake sales; there’s guaranteed to be something dusted in powdered sugar, something with pretzels in it, and something stuffed with peanut butter 😂😂

Oh lord I miss the “afterglow” (yes that’s what it was called 🤔) after Sunday night service. The baked goods were out of this world.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

Eerie said:

Oh lord I miss the “afterglow” (yes that’s what it was called 🤔) after Sunday night service. The baked goods were out of this world.

If NaPo seems like a cake walk it must be the sugar word high.. remember cake walks, anyone ? When the music stops, well you know pick one and all that

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 704

Not to preach to the choir, but..

Its a bird....     it's a plane.....    its....    its....

Heros, Monsters and Gods.....    Oh, My!   Stomp The Prompt Comp

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/12510/#560894

I haven't entered anything yet, but I'm working on it, the best way to pick a prompt is to close your eyes, swirl your finger and point!  No really..    Its a method. But I'm going to save Superman for dessert, he he...

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1094

PoetsRevenge said:Not to preach to the choir, but..

Its a bird....     it's a plane.....    its....    its....

Heros, Monsters and Gods.....    Oh, My!   Stomp The Prompt Comp

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/12510/#560894

I haven't entered anything yet, but I'm working on it, the best way to pick a prompt is to close your eyes, swirl your finger and point!  No really..    Its a method. But I'm going to save Superman for dessert, he he...

Hi, PR. Does the Stomp The Prompt comp. have the same 50 unique word criterion as the NaPo comp?  I can't see  it mentioned in the Rules. Cheers. 💚

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018

PoetsRevenge said:

If NaPo seems like a cake walk it must be the sugar word high.. remember cake walks, anyone ? When the music stops, well you know pick one and all that

Oh I remember cake walks! Those were fun!!

Go to page:
Go to: