Official DU NaPoWriMo 2023 Discussion

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 251

Episode 3

A rising mist envelopes Mt. Olympus, home of the gods, as a meeting convenes.

Jeus, father of the gods, sits on a throne, elevated above all present, radiating a divine glow.

“Jeus, King Acritius has sent CabPerseus and Danae out to sea.” PoCipherdon says, standing before the thrown.

Jeus is lost in thought for a moment, watched by Ahathena, AphLunadite, SummerThetis, and PoCipherdon.

“I must have revenge!” Jeus exclaims.

Ahathena approaches Jeus. “It might be wise not to act in haste.”

“Ahathena is right.” Aphlunadite says.

Jeus’ anger is growing.

“Please Jeus.” SummerThetis begins to say but is abruptly interrupted.

“Silence! This is my son. King Acretius and Argos must be destroyed! PoCipherdon. Release the Kraken!” 

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 889

Thanks, A, for the work you have put into this every year. This challenge has helped me grow as a writer. I can’t imagine a year without NaPo!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14271

Thank you, Cab, Kumar, Josh, and Eerie, for such lovely thoughts. They are appreciated. <3

rowantree
Thought Provoker
United States 7awards
Joined 5th Aug 2015
Forum Posts: 217

I don’t want to clutter the official thread with this. But, I think I took on this challenge in a rush of ambition and failed to truly consider the effort it’s going to take to come back to writing so suddenly. My sincerest apology for any inconvenience or bad reflection of DUP, but I don’t think it is realistic for me to compete this year.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

rowantree said:I don’t want to clutter the official thread with this. But, I think I took on this challenge in a rush of ambition and failed to truly consider the effort it’s going to take to come back to writing so suddenly. My sincerest apology for any inconvenience or bad reflection of DUP, but I don’t think it is realistic for me to compete this year.

OH say it is not so!!
as of late these past few years,
i've not spilled since the last April's torture and was hoping to connect and support another, like me.

There is NO clutter from Your pen, rec'd, dear Poet.
i for one, have neither eyed nor felt such a feel or feelings.

Your quill will be missed

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

rowantree said:I don’t want to clutter the official thread with this. But, I think I took on this challenge in a rush of ambition and failed to truly consider the effort it’s going to take to come back to writing so suddenly. My sincerest apology for any inconvenience or bad reflection of DUP, but I don’t think it is realistic for me to compete this year.

No worries, Rowan. I completely understand, sometimes things just happen. Thank you for letting me know. I am sure we will see you back next year, ready to go! xo

Edit: as an aside, you've already earned your 5-year NaPo Trophy, which will be displayed this year. This year would've been your 6th. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Congratulations to those NaPoets who made it through another day!

Cipher_O
WarlordoftheWrittenWord
Tyrant of Words
United States 19awards
Joined 7th Mar 2021
Forum Posts: 251

Episode 4

Far in the remote deeps of the ocean.

Strange creatures, ghost like, drift past.

PoCipherDon, holding a gleaming trident, drifts along in this underwater ghost town.

There are realms of darkness that even the gods fear to tread. The realm of the Kraken, last of the Titans, is one such realm.

An eerie silence grows, the deeper the god goes, until finally he arrives at the gate, made by Wallystus, which marks the home of the Kraken.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

Want to see the colour of her soul?  The shades of her thoughts?  The essence of her preoccupation?

One soundbite of her literary character will satisfy all of that.

Better that I fall into silence
and, rather, give you the evidence,
so the confluence
of her conscience
may gain prominence
in this audience...

Read Ahavati's NaPo23 profile poem,
For by their fruit you shall know 'em.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, Cab. That was most humbling.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

Gorgeous poem, Ahavati!  I didn’t get a chance yesterday to say how happy I am that you’re here xo!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thank you, Luna. xo

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 12awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 740

Ahavati said:Thank you, Cab. That was most humbling.
It was my pleasure, Ahavati; the spotlight is on you, and the duty on me.  Thanks for the life you bring to DU through NaPo.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1135

I'm enjoying the story, and the poems, artwork and profiles. Thank you to everyone who makes this event happen!

Eek, I have under two hours, and haven't decided what to write about yet!

I've just started a week of oral steroids for asthma and hayfever. It happens every year - it was later in NaPo last year. I've been just miserable for the past week, but should turn the corner within 48 hours now. Onward!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Congratulations, NaPoets! You made it through another day!

Go to page:
Go to: