Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086


Horrible storm. Almost five hours and counting without power. Over 110, 000 total without power. Could be tomorrow before it's back on.

My yard is filled with limbs. We cleared the back but the front is an obstacle course. More storms are expected overnight.

So happy I didn't plant those seeds! Looks like I'm reading by candlelight tonight!

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 71awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 101

Feeling great... a beautiful spring day... just came back from Poetry Club... I started a poetry club at my local library a year ago... it is so much fun... I have been helping a couple of the members write their own poetry... today we considered "Line and Light" by Jeffrey Yang... in honor of AAPI Month... a complex collection which demonstrated the poet's dynamic range...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086


After almost 24 hours without power - it is now back on - and very cool, with more storms on the way. Yay! Working from a phone is no joke.


Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086


OMG! This is from North Carolina! I can only imagine what up north must be seeing! Look up!

#aurora #Auroraborealis

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086


Good. Kinda numb. Mother's Day is always so pleasant for me; I feel like a queen from my children, and now my grandson is old enough to chime in which makes it a bonus.

But I'm telling you, this year, with the OOB Moon in Cancer ( the opposite of my natural Moon sign ), has been thick with the nostalgia of missing my own mother. I was even examining her natal chart a bit earlier to see if it accurately predicted her death.

There's also a very interesting discussion going on in a different platform that is linking the moon signs between mother/child to be in the same element: fire, earth, air, water. Of course, hers and mine weren't the same - I seemed to be the oddball in that discussion, being she had an air moon ( and sun ) and I have an earth moon and water sun.

To all those out there who may be missing a mother today, you are not alone. And sometimes it's good to remember, allow it to rise to the surface so something can be sorted out. Reviewing it through a different perspective reveals how much we've all grown.


Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria 1awards
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 107

I'll be going out with family to a restaurant this weekend for my birthday,can't wait! I'll even pick out a cake and all,pick out chocolates to give away..

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 327

Life has been complicated, but then again it always is. It just feels more complicated than ever. I have three legal actions going on for my kids (two to keep them in their special schools and one for legal guardianship because my oldest is turning 18), my husband is in treatment for cancer (so far so good, fingers crossed and prayers up), my MIL just passed away, and I'm 20lbs away from a desperately needed surgery on my knee (I lost 50lbs so far). There is more, these are the biggest/most recent events.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086

Liziantus-Marantus said:I'll be going out with family to a restaurant this weekend for my birthday,can't wait! I'll even pick out a cake and all, pick out chocolates to give away..

Happy Birthday!

inechoingsilence said:Life has been complicated, but then again it always is. It just feels more complicated than ever. I have three legal actions going on for my kids (two to keep them in their special schools and one for legal guardianship because my oldest is turning 18), my husband is in treatment for cancer (so far so good, fingers crossed and prayers up), my MIL just passed away, and I'm 20lbs away from a desperately needed surgery on my knee (I lost 50lbs so far). There is more, these are the biggest/most recent events.

That is a lot. Wishing you well and hoping the future will be brighter for you!

inechoingsilence
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 17th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 327

Thank you! I believe it will, just have to put one foot in front of the other.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086

inechoingsilence said:Thank you! I believe it will, just have to put one foot in front of the other.

That's all any of us can do. xo

SonderNinja
BenjaminEC
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 22nd May 2022
Forum Posts: 98

Hello, poets. Hope all is well, and things are going great for all of you. As for me, one of my tomcats disappeared on May 2nd, and to say I'm worried is an understatement. I even put it on the requisite social media sites in this area, offering a substantial cash reward for his return, and have searched on foot for over a week now, but still no reliable leads.

I've heard stories of them going missing for days, weeks, months...years, so I have hope that he'll come back, yet the pessimist in me is winning with every passing day.

If anyone has any "my cat disappeared but came back in x amount of time" stories, I'd be happy to read about them. Might spark some hope for a tired old poet's heart.

I was going to post a picture of him, a big, beautiful tux with a white swirl on his face and white paws but looking at the pic makes me sad & anxious. At least for right now. I'm not ready to accept this.

Again, hope everyone at the DUP is healthy as can be and doing great!

poet Anonymous

I hope he comes home soon, Sonder.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086

SonderNinja said:Hello, poets. Hope all is well, and things are going great for all of you. As for me, one of my tomcats disappeared on May 2nd, and to say I'm worried is an understatement. I even put it on the requisite social media sites in this area, offering a substantial cash reward for his return, and have searched on foot for over a week now, but still no reliable leads.

I've heard stories of them going missing for days, weeks, months...years, so I have hope that he'll come back, yet the pessimist in me is winning with every passing day.

If anyone has any "my cat disappeared but came back in x amount of time" stories, I'd be happy to read about them. Might spark some hope for a tired old poet's heart.

I was going to post a picture of him, a big, beautiful tux with a white swirl on his face and white paws but looking at the pic makes me sad & anxious. At least for right now. I'm not ready to accept this.

Again, hope everyone at the DUP is healthy as can be and doing great!


An old trick I learned is to put their litter box outside. They can smell it for miles, and it brings them home. I've suggested this to three friends whose cat went missing and returned after they placed the litterbox outside.

Sometimes they wander too far and become lost. I do hope he returns soon. Nothing like worrying about a missing pet.

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 414

If you gave your cat treats from a box
walk around outside shaking that box.

Look up in the trees, on roofs, he may've
been spooked by a loud noise and then got
comfortable. Mine did, for several days.

I hope you are both reunited soon.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15086


Anyone ever seen a bumble bee's nest? They built this in a bird box!

Go to page:
Go to: