Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1127

I don't think we've had one of these threads recently.  Pop in whenever you like and let us know how you are.  

Today I'm mostly feeling uninspired... I've wanted to write for a couple of days, but it hasn't really happened.  I've been reading instead!

I'm in England, where it's excessively hot.  I went swimming earlier, which was nice.  I've had a bad headache on and off all day, and full of hay fever this evening, so I'm going to chug some meds and go to bed much earlier than I did last night (2am).

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5564

38 actual shitting degrees celsius where I am in the U.K. today and meant to be hotter tomorrow. Hottest U.K. temp on record. I just don’t do heat. It can fuck off in the bin.

Fan on full blast. I’ve abandoned clothes. Had ice cream for tea. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve muttered for fucks sake under my breath. Dreaming of autumn.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

35C here, which is bad enough. Ugh. The grass has died and everything else is going that way. Have also abandoned most clothing. I hate being sweaty, hate that I burn if Iook outside, hate that upstairs is virtually a sauna. Ugh. Hopefully it will be much cooler in a couple of days.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

At the pool this morning, there was a guy in his 70s cheerfully wandering in and out of the SAUNA. Why?! I did point out that he could save a few quid and just stick his head outside. He chuckled good-naturedly and went back in.

poet Anonymous

Hi Ellie.  It's been a rough couple of weeks.  I was at crossroads last week and I finally made a decision pertaining to work and put a request at HR to move to a different dept.  After feeling extremely frustrated now I feel numb but life has a way of working itself out and I believe in fate.  Things happen for a reason.
Otherwise, I'm good its been super hot here and I've had the AC blasting every day now.  
I made some sockeye salmon tonight and I might have my fav french brandy little later on along with firing a hookah (double apple)

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Wafflenose said:At the pool this morning, there was a guy in his 70s cheerfully wandering in and out of the SAUNA. Why?! I did point out that he could save a few quid and just stick his head outside. He chuckled good-naturedly and went back in.

Ahaha. Don’t you just love English logic. I saw some guy when I was on the way to work on Sunday in a full hoodie and puffa jacket. I was like mate, are you fkn ill and he went “it’s so I feel the benefit when I get in”

Mentalists. The lot of ‘em.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Northern_Soul said:

Ahaha. Don’t you just love English logic. I saw some guy when I was on the way to work on Sunday in a full hoodie and puffa jacket. I was like mate, are you fkn ill and he went “it’s so I feel the benefit when I get in”

Mentalists. The lot of ‘em.

Benefit?! What, how?

Weirdos.

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

How's life?  Still way too hot here, but hopefully that will improve tomorrow.  I told my 14 year old daughter off for wearing a sweatshirt outside when it was 34 degrees C.  Seriously!!  I resented having to wear something more than short shorts and a vest top when I had to pop into work earlier!  Still, I'm enjoying relaxing tonight, crunching ice cubes and looking forward to the end of term.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Ahaha… I bought some Tango freeze your own ice poles from B&M (like a scrubber) before the heat hit so I’ve been living off them for a few days now 😂

Feeling a bit off from the heat. I’ve just discovered that the meds I’m on make me more susceptible to heat.

Just what I fkn need 🤣

On a side note… I was feeling nostalgic for winter… bought my first Xmas present 🤣

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Take care with the ice poles.  There was this thing going round on FB recently, warning people not to put them in their vaginas.  So now you know.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that redheads are more susceptible to heat too, and not only because we burn.  I used to have an allergy to the sun, but I seem to have outgrown it.

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 102awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 331

When the heatwave was coming I bought ice cream to have with my breakfast cereal and as an evening dessert at this time.

Yesterday when I got home from work after checking in on my old mother in her sheltered bungalow, I couldn't unlock my flat door because the heat had affected the door mechanism, However a friend of one of my neighbours, who is a plumber, sprayed WD40 and got the door unlockable (made me mindful to get WD40 at the next garage shop I came across).

I have been keeping certain plants in my back garden (my foof plants - tomatoes, beans and peas being priority) watered, doing this before I settle down to indoors where for a time I might shut the blinds and the curtains and 'go as God intended' LOL until I feel much cooler in myself.

I have been going to work as normal during early part of this week, driving home with car aircon on and often open window. When the 5PM news came up on my car radio channel, I parked in a layby and listened to the news standing outside the car because outside it was cooler..

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

Wait a minute... Christmas?!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Solomon_Song said:When the heatwave was coming I bought ice cream to have with my breakfast cereal and as an evening dessert at this time.

Yesterday when I got home from work after checking in on my old mother in her sheltered bungalow, I couldn't unlock my flat door because the heat had affected the door mechanism, However a friend of one of my neighbours, who is a plumber, sprayed WD40 and got the door unlockable (made me mindful to get WD40 at the next garage shop I came across).

I have been keeping certain plants in my back garden (my foof plants - tomatoes, beans and peas being priority) watered, doing this before I settle down to indoors where for a time I might shut the blinds and the curtains and 'go as God intended' LOL until I feel much cooler in myself.

I have been going to work as normal during early part of this week, driving home with car aircon on and often open window. When the 5PM news came up on my car radio channel, I parked in a layby and listened to the news standing outside the car because outside it was cooler..

My garden has suffered terribly during this time. Despite watering twice a day a lot of plants have still burnt to a crisp.

So sad.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 31awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Wafflenose said:Wait a minute... Christmas?!

I just wanted some snow to be fair… 😂

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021

I'm trying not to wish it away.  I have maaaajor problems with autumn.  And again with January.  After that, things improve again.  It's hard at the moment though.  Too hot and sweaty!

Go to page:
Go to: