Go to page:

Freedom of Speech and Censorship

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 934

EdibleWords said:I was sickened by the apparent-murder of Floyd. And the crazy reaction a lot had to it... (on the streets at night). so I just want to encourage everyone that #lovematters forever.

Calling it "apparent-murder" is disgusting- we have all seen the video. That was murder. Of course love matters. We all know that. What many, especially among the police, apparently don't realize is that #BlackLivesMatter.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

JohnnyBlaze said:

I'm not in control of anyone who debates whomever.

If you have a problem with a post, report it.

Johhhnnnyyy you're being shhitttyyy

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018
Forum Posts: 1216

I was watching the news all night, as a matter of fact for several days now: the looting, the destruction by the mob driving in very expensive cars like cadillacs, BMWs and Mercedes..they sure looked pretty priviledged to me.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

I personally am very curious to learn what others in other countries think, seeing everything is going on in US.
BoyBrains, you are welcome to share your views on this topic.

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14668

Layla said:I was watching the news all night, as a matter of fact for several days now: the looting, the destruction by the mob driving in very expensive cars like cadillacs, BMWs and Mercedes..they sure looked pretty priviledged to me.

We all know who is responsible for the majority of destruction in these riots. They are out for themselves, not the cause.

No one implied anyone wasn't welcome in this thread.  What BW and others implied was that unless you live here day to day and experience firsthand what it's like to live here, then your knowledge is secondhand, be it a news source or person.

As an aside, my father's people are from Aberdeenshire and my mother's from the Isle of Skye. I have Scottish ancestry I am proud of too. I simply pointed out that Scotland wasn't united under one opinion, lest anyone thought it was. That is hardly an insult.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I do not know what news you are watching , Layla...LOL !

There were 50,000 to 60,000 in Houston today...

You saying they all had expensive cars ?

Many , many thousands across country...

You saying they all drove expensive cars ,
or even had vehicles ?

How about many on bicycles , skateboards , or walking ?

Some who were looting...yes , agreed , saw a number of
expensive vehicles...overall , however , very few in total...

Yet , some were driving in rows on the freeway , in cars ,
supporting the protest...does not make them privileged...

Nor does it make them out to be criticized , if they support
the protests even if they are wealthy...it is actually great...

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/live/

Keep watching it LIVE!! as its happening.  (i'll be  happy to capture a photo on my screen when they show it again)  And lets not confuse the civilized protesters with these criminals.
driving up, pulling at curbside expensive cars that no middle class america owns or can own and these people working in groups, dropping off their crew with hammers, wire cutters, sticks (beating up people who remotely question if its ethical what they're doing) and going in with big garbage bags to loot, destroy and vandalize.

I work in retail, its considered essential to stay open.  We've been closing earlier and earlier and no night crew to unload receiving from trucks..so shortage, you betcha, because their destroying the walgreens, the Cvs's and grocery stores.
They tried to break in at a mall 10 min from where i am, when the cops got there in time,  they destroyed a small local pharmacy stealing the drugs and medicine.  How many ill and senior citizens depend on those medicines?  how does that justify anger?
White privilidge?  majority of white america is lower middle class barely able to afford a car much else drive those cadillacs those mobs were driving to destruct.

Layla
Fire of Insight
7awards
Joined 3rd May 2018

Thanks for the clarification Ahavati I appreciate it.
And I believe this discussion is important (even if all disagree with one another) because not only we all come from different backgrounds but also how each of us is experiencing this moment in time.

Ahavati said:

We all know who is responsible for the majority of destruction in these riots. They are out for themselves, not the cause.

No one implied anyone wasn't welcome in this thread.  What BW and others implied was that unless you live here day to day and experience firsthand what it's like to live here, then your knowledge is secondhand, be it a news source or person.

As an aside, my father's people are from Aberdeenshire and my mother's from the Isle of Skye. I have Scottish ancestry I am proud of too. I simply pointed out that Scotland wasn't united under one opinion, lest anyone thought it was. That is hardly an insult.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Again, because it was covered, 13th is an amazing documentary which highlights the #Blacklivesmatter movement. If you truly want to educate yourself, you'll watch it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13th_(film)

Layla said:Thanks for the clarification Ahavati I appreciate it.
And I believe this discussion is important (even if all disagree with one another) because not only we all come from different backgrounds but also how each of us is experiencing this moment in time.

no problem. It's a very difficult time right now for many. Emotions are heated and perceptions skewed.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

I saw a few , and I mean few , perhaps less than thirty cars ,
that would be expensive , over last number of days , and
have been watching almost continuously on You Tube ,
for days , city after city , video after video...

( I don't have to work , so I am able to )

So perhaps where you are , you are seeing different...

Those looting are different than the massive crowds ,
however , that are out and protesting , even when officers
are being aggressive towards them...

( by the way , sounds like you are fearful , and just do not like
the idea of your store , or your person threatened...understood )

And sorry you are going through that

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Layla said:lets not confuse the civilized protesters with these criminals.

This is key. There are many, many thousands of people protesting police brutality, and there are also a few people, some of them white supremacists, some of them not, who are taking advantage of the situation to cause mayhem and destroy stuff. It's that second category that is the problem, not the first.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

SatInUGal said:

Calling it "apparent-murder" is disgusting- we have all seen the video. That was murder. Of course love matters. We all know that. What many, especially among the police, apparently don't realize is that #BlackLivesMatter.

I mean he’s very apparently murdering the man. I’m sorry I wasn’t clearer. Friday a police officer was shot peacefully observing the safety of protesters and businesses. His color shouldn’t be our toxic focus.

You want better cops!? Make them accountable the right way. Beating pale skinned business owners to death with ladders 2x4s and fists when they resist looting isn’t anything but unloving anarchy.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

Layla said:White privilidge?  majority of white america is lower middle class barely able to afford a car much else drive those cadillacs those mobs were driving to destruct.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

Ahavati said:

Jess please keep in mind that many anarchists and special interest groups are being bused into protesting areas to deliberately cover the message in violence. 70% of arrests in Charlotte were not from Charlotte.

Yes; love is important, however, we can no longer ignore the message that #Blacklivesmatter. Whatever we do needs to be done in love. . .if at all possible. Unfortunately, the only real change that has occurred in this country was from bloodshed and violence. . .the abolition movement, women's right to vote, civil rights movement, etc.

Toxic colorism causes people to be beaten to death on both sides, as I have seen in the past 5 days. We need to get with Gandhi!💖

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EdibleWords said:
You want better cops!? Make them accountable the right way. Beating pale skinned business owners to death with ladders 2x4s and fists when they resist looting isn’t anything but unloving anarchy.

SatInUGal said:

This is key. There are many, many thousands of people protesting police brutality, and there are also a few people, some of them white supremacists, some of them not, who are taking advantage of the situation to cause mayhem and destroy stuff. It's that second category that is the problem, not the first.

Go to page:
Go to: