Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1388

Josh said:

It looks appealing ... but the sugar-spike might be too much ...

Never!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1388

For you, Josh, in case you want a little cake.

These are vanilla petit fours filled with chocolate ganache and a thin almond icing. Two bites each.

Stress makes me want cake. I REALLY want cake today. 🤣

Summerrain75
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 11awards
Joined 6th Jan 2019
Forum Posts: 373

DaisyGrace said:For you, Josh, in case you want a little cake.

These are vanilla petit fours filled with chocolate ganache and a thin almond icing. Two bites each.

They're mouth watering Daisy. I love cakes.

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 38awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 838

If I eat a whole tray, are they still considered petit?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1788

Thank you. My wife has become an expert in making cakes sugar-free, wheat-free and gluten-free -- and they are very tasty too. I keep telling her she should do a cookery-book.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2305

Josh said:

Thank you. My wife has become an expert in making cakes sugar-free, wheat-free and gluten-free -- and they are very tasty too. I keep telling her she should do a cookery-book.

It seems, as i age, i've developed a gluten allergy (i often ignore to my suffering) and i'd definitely purchase a Cookery Book from Your wife.  

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2305

They look very tasty and while i don't consume sweets,
i do at certain times of the year and here, it would not count as i would just eat ONE, right?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Tallen said:

It seems, as i age, i've developed a gluten allergy (i often ignore to my suffering) and i'd definitely purchase a Cookery Book from Your wife.  

Hi Tallen. Hopefully, in a couple of months, I'm going to find myself with a lot more time on my hands. So I'm thinking of learning cake-making myself from her, and then putting together a book. I already know a great photographer, friend who lives nearby.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 29awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 749

SatInUGal said:Every time at this point, I sit down and think about how hard this is to do, and if I'm lucky inspiration strikes. Tonight it did. Other nights I've been kind of embarrassed about what I put out there when it didn't, but it's like that every year. I love doing this. I love the discipline of it. I love doing it with all of you. Thank you for this annual gift.

Well said, I totally agree, gift indeed, the process and the people

Theyre beautiful to look at, the edible art..
A poem could be conjured, I think about them..

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Woah, I'm getting a special dispensation, thank you. They look ultra-tempting. It's the icing sugar though... . Still. I'm sure I can handle, one ... or two ...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14785

Sorry for the late post! Had a class of budding astrologers to teach this morning!

T-MINUS FOUR DAYS, NAPOETS! FOUR DAYS! For those who have already posted today, T-MINUS THREE DAYS!

We've a couple of additional sandworm strikes! One's gotten back up on her camel! Will the other?! Only today will tell! Don't give up NOW!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Yo! Ho! Weary NaPoets! Look see look see! T-MINUS THREE DAYS TO GO! Those who have already posted today are at T-MINUS TWO DAYS!!

Looks like a sandworm strike may end up swallowing yet another - but we're sending out a search party this morning! Hopefully we can pull her out of its jaws before it closes for good!

Keep Going, NaPoets! YOU ARE THERE!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-MINUS TWO MORE DAYS, NAPOETS!! T-MINUS TWO MORE DAYS! For those who have already posted today, T-MINUS ONE MORE DAY! Looks like a Sandworm swallowed another entrant, but BYGOD, out of a goal of getting at least 30 across, WE'RE GETTING 31 ACROSS THE FINISH LINE!

Many have fallen, but many more have not! Congratulations, NaPoets! You've almost reached the Oasis of Awards!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Our veteran NaPoets are aware of this, but our newbies may not be. This challenge is scheduled to end at 12:12 PM EDT tomorrow because you can only schedule a comp for 30 days; however, it won't officially end until MIDNIGHT PDT. So, keep posting per your schedule!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

T-MIINUS TODAY, NAPOETS! T-MINUS TODAY! Those who have already posted today, CONGRATULATIONS, you will be honored tomorrow! We had another sandworm strike yesterday! We can't seem to get away from them! But that's okay! She's getting back up on her camel to finish this challenge!

Go to page:
Go to: