Go to page:

Inspiring Images

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Welcome! As a former professional photographer, I know how photography can change a person's life, view, or even mood. As can a painting, or any form of artistic creation.

This thread is for either your own personal photography/paintings/art; or, that of anothers. They don't have to be positive; the world we live in is both light and dark.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The 'Mountain and the Hurricane'. I can't remember what hurricane this was ( Humburto, maybe ); I just know we were finishing up a shoot and trying to load the gear to get the hell out of dodge because it began rolling in hours earlier than predicted. Once it came over the mountain that was it!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

If only we could all capture such stunning images in photos like you do. And nomoth. And ... okay, everyone else on the planet but me LOL

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:If only we could all capture such stunning images in photos like you do. And nomoth. And ... okay, everyone else on the planet but me LOL

You've captured some good ones of kitties! Well, I also had equipment between me! Not saying cell phones can't take great photos! They do! But not back in '13 ( rarely, anyway )!

Nomoth just has "it"!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

You've captured some good ones of kitties! Well, I also had equipment between me! Not saying cell phones can't take great photos! They do! But not back in '13 ( rarely, anyway )!

Okays, I concede. A few photos. 😊

Don't forget that thing called "knowledge".

Give a man the best camera in the world, he'll shoot for a day. Teach a man to shoot a camera, he'll make coffee table books that will last a lifetime.

I think Jesus said that .....

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 864

Great photos, Ahavati!

This is a meditation spot I found yesterday.   The photo doesn’t show the depth of the valley below me, but it was stunning.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

That is stunning, Luna! It looks like you're overlooking creation! I can feel the energy is tranquil by just looking at it.

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

great thread ..reviving the spirit of inspiring pics A... thanks for this!:) love your two images & that of Luna's ..Nature in all its varying shades n moods n hues..

the second pic reminds me of this above.. this is the nearby Paala mountain that ever changes shade.. tjis tine  blackish blue with its naked peachy patches of stony flesh here & there... & behind then farther are the Nilgiris..The Blue Mountains..in a monsoonal mishmashy  clouds beautifully spread as fluffy ethereal wings in delicate motion.. pic from my terrace.

summultima
uma
Dangerous Mind
India 34awards
Joined 3rd Feb 2012
Forum Posts: 1301

Another One of. Dusky Flamboyance from my terrace:) no filters. the silhouettey garden leaves & the street light's haziness whites & transformer lines ..mark details & nostalgics:)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OMGOSH! You have THAT view from your terrace?! Beautiful. I would probably live on mine if I could see that every day. There's something so spiritual about those mountains to me. Mountains hold so many secrets, having risen above everything to see it all.

Edit: that latter one is GORGEOUS in all its colorful splendor!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Thank you 💜.  This is another photo I took this morning .  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I LOVE that perspective, Luna! Our leaves here have not begun to turn yet, but it won't be long now. The Blue Ridge mountains are absolutely GORGEOUS come fall. Thousands travel from across the country to see the colors.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019

This is the last one from today - I love that it captured these leaves right in the middle of their transformation.  It resonated deeply with my own journey.  

I wish that was my view every day!  I had to drive across town for that view, but it was worth it.  North Dakota is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever lived.  I will miss it when we move back to NC this fall.  It’s been a lovely six-year adventure and I will really miss the views.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LunaGreyhawk said:This is the last one from today - I love that it captured these leaves right in the middle of their transformation.  It resonated deeply with my own journey.  

I wish that was my view every day!  I had to drive across town for that view, but it was worth it.  North Dakota is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever lived.  I will miss it when we move back to NC this fall.  It’s been a lovely six-year adventure and I will really miss the views.  

Great shot! Captures so much. Yes; nature can be such a mirror to our own lives, can't it. OMG I am THRILLED you are moving back to this neck of the woods; but, yeah, I understand about leaving a place you've come to terms with.

poet Anonymous

Love these photos. Love this thread and yes i think photography, especially with what is happening is great accompany to writing, and visualizing. I so enjoy escaping in the woods and finding cathedral spaces as well as small faerie spots. going to post a few that i like.

Go to page:
Go to: