Freedom of Speech and Censorship

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 903

EdibleWords said:

I mean he’s very apparently murdering the man. I’m sorry I wasn’t clearer. Friday a police officer was shot peacefully observing the safety of protesters and businesses. His color shouldn’t be our toxic focus.

You want better cops!? Make them accountable the right way. Beating pale skinned business owners to death with ladders 2x4s and fists when they resist looting isn’t anything but unloving anarchy.

Give me a link on people getting beaten to death as you describe. Also, acknowledge that it is not the protesters that are doing the destruction. There are many thousands of protesters and a very small number of looters, some of them white supremacists, all of them trying to take advantage of the situation. Conflating the protesters with them is disingenuous at best and racist at worst.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

EdibleWords said:

Toxic colorism causes people to be beaten to death on both sides, as I have seen in the past 5 days. We need to get with Gandhi!💖

COLORISM? Give me a break! Gandhi was fighting for the liberty and rights of brown people, btw. This whole "see no color" thing is fantasyland crappola that actively hurts people that have been victims of systemic racism.

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 2993

SatInUGal said:

When someone plays the knockout game on you because you seem to be white, that’s toxic colorism, same as if you were black.

I’ve got every color in me. My ancestors were slaves in this nation.

My husband defended our nation while people pissed on his ambulance and threatened him because he was a Jew. While Jews were beaten to death in his home city after one lone psycho from their neighborhood used a car to strike a darker complexioned pair of children.

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

SatInUGal said:

Give me a link on people getting beaten to death as you describe. Also, acknowledge that it is not the protesters that are doing the destruction. There are many thousands of protesters and a very small number of looters, some of them white supremacists, all of them trying to take advantage of the situation. Conflating the protesters with them is disingenuous at best and racist at worst.

Mmmm...

Actually , during the first days of protest / riots ,
there was a lot of looting , SatinUGal...

Especially after dark...

Now , not so much...

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

SatInUGal said:

COLORISM? Give me a break! Gandhi was fighting for the liberty and rights of brown people, btw. This whole "see no color" thing is fantasyland crappola that actively hurts people that have been victims of systemic racism.

I’ve been hurt by systemic bullying, as have my children because I’m shorter than 99% of women. I don’t need to see anarchy over bullying in schools!

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

I can't see what you're quoting, but this whole "I have credibility because I'm not white bread" thing doesn't hold water. We can all play that. I'm Jewish. My wife is Native American. My kids are a mix. When people look white, they don't get treated the same way as people who don't. Many, many studies thow that. It is sad and sick and wrong that your husband has dealt with discrimination. We are on the same side- you should be joining the BlackLivesMatter movement- this is what it is about.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

What is the "knockout" game?

n/m looked it up and it has no bearing on this discussion

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

SatInUGal said:

https://www.whec.com/rochester-new-york-news/rpd-asking-for-help-identifying-people-seen-beating-couple-on-monroe-avenue/5747247/

Thank God, they somehow lived...

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

You said beating to death. Let's remember words have meaning. George Floyd was killed.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14281

SatInUGal said:[ . . . ] We are on the same side- you should be joining the BlackLivesMatter movement- this is what it is about.

yes. We are on the same side

EdibleWords
Tyrant of Words
8awards
Joined 7th Jan 2018

SatInUGal said:What is the "knockout" game?

Then #lovematters more than your fucking opinion.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

SatInUGal said:

This is key. There are many, many thousands of people protesting police brutality, and there are also a few people, some of them white supremacists, some of them not, who are taking advantage of the situation to cause mayhem and destroy stuff. It's that second category that is the problem, not the first.

there is no white supremacist involved in these riots, they are purely led and organised by alt-left extremists like ANTIFA, BLM and lots of criminals

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

David_Macleod said:

there is no white supremacist involved in these riots, they are purely led and organised by alt-left extremists like ANTIFA, BLM and lots of criminals

Did you not catch the part where so-called ANTIFA tweets that all your alt-right folks were freaking out about were traced back to white supremacists? It's been all over the news that boogaloo bois are pulling shit.

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 24awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015

EdibleWords said:

Systemic police brutality against black people is a much bigger deal than some obscure game like that. If you can't see this, and are actually equating the two, then I don't know what to say.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

SatInUGal said:What is the "knockout" game?

You will find that in the forum, a lot of things are said to distract attention away from the actual thread topics. It's a way for some to have threads locked.

EdibleWords said:

All opinions matter in this thread about freedom of speech. Some just don't carry any weight depending on who they come from.

Go to page:
Go to: