Hosts: Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze
This comp is for one of the participants of the Official DU NaProWriMo 2021 Challenge to win an extra Tropheee! They may enter as many of their Prompt inspired poems here as possible. While only they may qualify for the Tropheee, any DUP member is allowed to enter!
1) After your poem ( at the bottom of your post ), Hashtag your entry with the corresponding prompt you used. For example: #22
2) You are not required to post these poems in the Official DU NaPoWriMo 2021 Challenge ( but if you do, be certain they adhere to the Rules of that comp ). https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11876/
3) No erotica or extreme content allowed.
Winner of the Tropheee will be decided by a panel of Team NaPo 2020 judges who did not participate in this comp.
May the Most Entertaining Prompt Inspired Poem Win!
01. Write about Love between Elves and Humans, or any other "unlikely" combination. Draw inspiration from the romance between Arwen and Aragorn, or Luthien and Beren ... but do it in the style of Elvish Presley! We can't go on together with fairie suspicious minds . . .
02. Fangorn the Ent was once described as "the oldest living thing under the sun in Middle Earth". However, Fangorn himself insists there are far older creatures than he. Regale us with tales about them!
03) Green Goblins known as Globulins from the Misty Mountains are spreading illness among the Orcs. Athelas, also known as Kingsfoil or asëa aranion
, is a sweet-smelling herb with healing powers, such as curing wounds, poison, and counteracting evil influences. Can this ingredient be used in a vaccine?
04) It's the annual Wyrmington Heights neighborhood yard sale. You find plenty of authentic looking antiques, but suspect some might be reproductions. How might you test any items to see if they are genuine? Is that shiny, golden ring really beckoning you to pick it up?
05) Glimpsing the future in the Birdbath of Lady Galadriel, do you find modern society scary? Or are some things very similar, like how a Palantir resembles video chatting? http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Palantiri
06) The realm is being overrun with Werewyrms! There goes the neighborhood. These ginormous creatures are tearing up the countryside of Wyrmington Heights! What can you do to calm them down?
07) The Green Dragon Inn has closed its doors. Rosie Cotton must commute to Bree and tend bar at the Prancing Pony. As a Hobbit, she's not use to cities accommodating Human sized beings. Describe her challenges.
08) You represent the Dwarves in a Middle Earth debate forum. Write an impassioned poem ( speech ) about the wrong impression Elves have of Dwarves, but do so in a gruff and matter-of-fact way in which a Dwarf would speak.
09) Having wandered fron your Orc tribe, you stumble upon an Elf maiden and fall head over heels! Compose a love poem to gift her with ( but keep in mind that you are an Orc with a limited vocabulary ).
10) You just woke up wearing a war helmet in a horse trough after a rather rowdy party with Dwarves. Are there clues about as to what happened? Try to retrace your steps!
11) An attack is imminent and Gondor needs allies. You are tasked with carrying the Red Arrow, but misplace it along the way. How do you go about replacing it so that no one suspects what has happened? https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Red_Arrow
12) The Shire is overrun with absurdly large, talking groundhogs! Hobbit homes are being invaded! Tell us how the Hobbits will rid themselves of these groundhogs without using lethal measures?
13) You are a Brown Wizard whose spent life avoiding other Humanoid creatures. Your nature dwelling is stumbled upon by outsiders. How do you hide the fact that you are indeed a Wizard, but without using any magic? Create a "grand story" ( a lie ) of who you are using as many uncommon words as possible.
14) You're a harp-toting Elf known for your ability to spin dazzling tributes to monolithic structures. You join a competition to write the most awe-inspiring tribute to the Argonath or any other Middle Earthian monument.
15) You are just another Joe Blow Dwarf working in the mines of Moria. One day you decide to "loot" a bit of Mithril to sell on the side, but are caught red-handed. Talk your way out of such a sticky fingered situation!
16) As an Ent, naturally you speak very slowly. Others have difficulty sitting through your longwinded talks. Recite a poem as to why it is important not to be so hasty!
17) Sauron is hosting his annual Rave, but in order to gain entry, you must recite a poem to the Orc bouncers as to why you should be admitted.
18) Your application to the Nazgul Horsemen's Club explaining why you are worthy of joining the Black Riders has been accepted. Are you as dark, unearthly, and as bad-assed as you claimed?
19) Tom Bombadil, the most positive person ever, gave you a rhyming verse to recite should you find yourself in danger. Now is the time for that verse, as you find yourself about to get into a brawl with three Wights! https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Tom_Bombadil
20) During a dare to spend a single night in the Mines of Moria, you encounter a Balrog who insists he will spare your life if you write a poem glorifying him. Will you swallow your pride and save your hide in the process? Or do you defy him and risk yourself being swallowed?! http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Balrogs
21) You set out on a pilgrimage to follow the footsteps of the great Frodo Baggins. What are you hoping to experience or find?
22) Cornered by the Nazgul, these nine Ringwraiths break out into a dance routine. Will it be like Michael Jackson's "Thriller"? Or will it be a K-Pop power point presentation? Will the Witch King of Angmar lay down a rap trap you can't escape from? Word up. Boogeyman down.
23) Tell us about life in a kingdom where all forms of poetry other than ABAB rhyme scheme are outlawed.
24) A meeting is held about the lack of female characters in Tolkien's epic Middle Earth storyline. In attendance are Arwen, Galadriel, Eowyn, Rosie Cotton, Lobelia Baggins, Goldberry, Luthien, Shelob, Bell Goodchild, and Ungoliant to name what few there are. They decide to go on strike until Tolkien writes more substantial parts for women in general!
25) Dain Ironfoot, King of the Dwarves, declares it is time for the Lonely Mountain's residents to embrace Tiny Housing. As a Dwarf, would living like a Hobbit cramp your style?
26) Gimly the Dwarf: I asked for one golden strand from the Lady Galadriel's head.
Legolas the Elf: And her response was?
Gimly the Dwarf: She handed me her entire wig.
27) In response to many a critic's request that Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee come clean about their love for one another, Frodo publishes an editorial in The Hobbiton Times
setting the record straight.
28) When Gandalf deciphers the writing engraved on Bilbo's ring, he uses an incorrectly programmed online Black Speech of Mordor to English translator. What does the Wizard recite that offends Elrond and the others attending the secretive High Council meeting?
29) It started as gossip about "Orcs" over a hedge that was misheard as "Orcas" ( Killer Whales ) and then escalated from there. Wormtongue mentioned such to Saruman the White Wizard who immediately went to work in Orthanc creating his very own Land Shark army! What is their language like? Are they really blood thirsty? Or did they turn out tame, longing for the sea? https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0HlBI13qW1DUloe4/source.gif
30) The Mouth of Sauron is afflicted with strep throat, but he wishes not to disappoint his master when speaking to the Fellowship outside the Black Gate of Morder. He concocts a plan to fulfill his duties, but it goes horribly awry.