HOSTS : Ahavati
TEAM NAPO : DaisyGrace
Welcome to The Fellowship of the Poem, registrants, as you bravely set forth to save Muddle Earth from written and uttered ruination! Those who finish this challenge will receive honorable mentions on Facebook and Instagram along with a TROPHEEE! custom designed by the Webmiss! THE RULES!
An accumulation of 3 Strikes will result in your Disqualification. You will receive 1 Strike for failing to correct certain Rule Violations in an entry within 24 hours of its posting. We will not warn you to correct
anything. You are monitoring yourself
. Pay attention to our Daily updates to know If you have any Strikes or were Disqualified.
Our advice? Partner up with others who can check your entries for Guideline violations and immediately notify you of such. Anyhoo, If you follow these rules, you won't earn a single Strike. Only one poem per day
can only be posted from 12:01 AM and 11:59 PM in your time zone starting April 1st --- before or after will earn you 1 Strike. You will create 30 posts numbered #1 through #30 regardless of when and if any late postings occur.
Your entries must have its number on top corresponding to the date of its posting, then a title in bold text, and lastly the body of your poem. Example: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/474411/gotopost/ After 24 hours of posting, if there is: No number
( or the incorrect number ) = 1 Strike No title
in bold text ( or no title ) = 1 Strike Number, title, & poem out of order
= 1 Strike Notes other than the "unique word count"
( which is optional ) posted after the poem = 1 Strike
Theoretically, you could earn more than 3 Strikes from one poorly executed Entry and be Disqualified. Entries can not be edited after 24 hours of posting
. Forum Time Stamps tell us if and when you have edited. An edit occuring after 24 hours results in a Disqualification.
This > XXX
< means you will be Disqualified for not correcting within 24 hours.
• Entries Must Be Pasted Into The Forum
Direct Linking is prohibited.
• Poetry, Not Prose
Entries must be in the format of lines and stanzas, not sentences and paragraphs. How "poetic" your entry is IS A NON-ISSUE.
• No Erotica Allowed
Simply do not attempt to post erotica and you will be safe! Do not use language prompting the reader to imagine a sexual encounter. Do not make references or
allusions to human body parts with intent to sexually arouse the reader.
• Entries Must Be In English
• No Images or Videos
can accompany your entries.
• Double Posting When Late
We encourage you to complete poems ahead of schedule in the event you are prevented from writing and
posting by an unexpected event such as a personal crisis, power or Internet failure, or other act of God.
•Follow this protocol upon your return: post a maximum of 2 poems per date until you are caught up
. At the very top of each late post, attach a brief explanation stating why you are posting late whatever
reason it may be. Example: https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/9560/840/#392950
if your late post(s) do not include an excuse. 50 Unique Word Rule
The body of each poem must contain 50 or more "unique" words. You can repeat any word as many times as you wish, but it only counts as 1 unique word. You are allowed to make up your own words.
and quotes of other writers
are not included in your unique word count. If you provide the number of unique words in your entry, please type it AFTER the poem is finished.
• What counts as 1 unique word : Contractions | Ampersands | One letter words such as "a" or "I" | Numbers such as "4" | Hyphenated words such
as "sugar-free" | Elvish words such as "mellon"
• If you don't have a minimum 50 unique words after 24 hours of posting, this will result in 1 Strike. ( One Violation of this particular rule will result in you not receiving the Trophy.
• Errors & Inconsistencies ( Typos, Grammar, Punctuation, etc ) This is not a competition to see who can write a technically accurate poem
. You may submit more polished versions of your entries to
your personal DUP portfolios or other comps at any time.
• Multiple Accounts
If you are actively posting at DUP with multiple accounts not publicly disclosed in ALL of your profiles + forum
signatures per site guidelines, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified. We do not reward individuals who secretly use additional memberships at DUP to exploit others.
• Using Previously Written Ideas For Poems
You may convert any written idea into a poem for entry if you wrote it down digitally or old school in a notebook and did not perform any further work on it. In essence, you may use any poem you "started" and it is only during April 1st - 30th that you may "finish" said poems.
• If you paused during the "note-making" - i.e were interrupted or answered Nature's call - the note remains valid.
• If you returned to the "note-making" after performing a chore or relaxing, then the note is no longer valid. You cannot consult the written version and must start writing it again from scratch during
April. Off Topic & Drama Posts
will be removed from the Registration / Discussion thread. Only poem entries are to be posted to the NaPo challenge thread and NaPo Prompt Comp thread.
• Acceptable Entries & Writing Prompts
We provide prompts available in the NaPo Prompt Comp competition likewise beginning on April 1st.
• Otherwise, you do have complete freedom to write about anything you want! You will not be disqualified based on content or quality - with the exceptions of Erotica, which is not allowed, and Plagiarism
; if we
discover that you are swapping words in pre-existing poems or copying partial to entire poems, you will be notified AFTER the competition that you were Disqualified.
• PLEASE use common sense. Your poetry, unpolished or otherwise, is a reflection of the overall talent being fostered by DUP. We would hate to see outside readers, potential members, or even publishers turned away by material meant to garner attention purely from shock value. Don't be a shock jock.
• Final Award Check
After the FINAL entry is submitted on April 30th, Ahavati and I will double check entries to ensure viability. It only takes 1 ineligible entry to negate your acquisition of the
trophy, so be certain your work adheres to the Rules!
A special THANK YOU! to all braving this challenge! Particularly to our Team members for donating their valuable time to assist us in making this the most SPECTACULAR NaPo ever!
Sincerely Good Writing To All,
Ahavati & JohnnyBlaze