Go to page:

am i any good

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013
Forum Posts: 1633

so if you could go read some of my work and let me know, am i any good?. ive been told i was and been told i wasn't i don't have many followers and don't generally get many comments or likes but even if im not i still enjoy it so im gonna do it. just be totally honest. i asked so give it to me straight

poet Anonymous

I fear that a man who requires the blatant validation of others has no faith in himself.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

[quote-262966-Miss_Sub]I fear that a man who requires the blatant validation of others has no faith in himself.[/quo
well I do lack faith in myself ill admit that but I just wonder if people think my stuff was any good

poet Anonymous

It failed, Son. Royally.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

Miss_Sub said:It failed, Son. Royally.
oh well isn't the first time aint the last

poet Anonymous

Call me inquisitive, but I'm just curious: What exactly did you hope to gain from this thread?

Pathospassion
c.d.latin
Thought Provoker
United States 8awards
Joined 1st Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 172

Miss_Sub said:I fear that a man who requires the blatant validation of others has no faith in himself.

one hundred percent agree with you there... could not have said it better

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5602

anonymouslyhere said:but even if im not i still enjoy it so im gonna do it.  

Then that's all you need right there.  If it makes you happy to do so, then you don't need the approval or validation from anyone but yourself.  Yes it's nice to have feedback, but ultimately is it really going to sway the amount of satisfaction you get out of writing?  Writing for the sake of writing because you enjoy it, and not worrying about what everyone else thinks, does a world of good for your soul by not getting caught up in all the criticism.  

thoughtjotter1
R. T.
Thought Provoker
United States 3awards
Joined 2nd Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 48

Could be another "Ugly Duckling" Keep on writing, you never know.Even if the swan never appears, all babies have their own beauty.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

Miss_Sub said:Call me inquisitive, but I'm just curious: What exactly did you hope to gain from this thread?
just wondered what peoples honest opinions were on my work. but that was clearly a mistake

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

MadameLavender said:[quote-262960-anonymouslyhere]but even if im not i still enjoy it so im gonna do it.  

Then that's all you need right there.  If it makes you happy to do so, then you don't need the approval or validation from anyone but yourself.  Yes it's nice to have feedback, but ultimately is it really going to sway the amount of satisfaction you get out of writing?  Writing for the sake of writing because you enjoy it, and not worrying about what everyone else thinks, does a world of good for your soul by not getting caught up in all the criticism.  [/quote] i know i just kinda wondered what people thought about it but as i said that was clearly a mistake

Dirtfarm
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 20th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 174

It’s all good my man. Not you’re writing of course, it’s all shit. Although you will be in good company here, there are a lot of us who write like shit. So head up and grind through it bro. Remember to put that dunce hat on and bob for word turds in this wonderful bowl of poetry!

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

Dirtfarm said:It’s all good my man. Not you’re writing of course, it’s all shit. Although you will be in good company here, there are a lot of us who write like shit. So head up and grind through it bro. Remember to put that dunce hat on and bob for word turds in this wonderful bowl of poetry!
haha well put man. hopefully you resisted stabbing out your eyes :P

M-DiStefano
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 30th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 16

I read a couple of your poems and the subject matter is worth exploring, my honest opinion is they're a bit long and can get redundant. if I was you I would go through and take out a lot of the filler, maybe get a thesaurus, sometimes one word can give you more power, oomph then a long explanation. most of all just keep doing it, you'll find your groove. anything else feel free to pm me.

anonymouslyhere
Pariah Shadow
Dangerous Mind
United States 5awards
Joined 31st Oct 2013

thanks for taking the time to read and advise man.

Go to page:
Go to: