Should the Classic Corner Comps Continue?

38.46% • 5 votes • Yes; I enjoy them
38.46% • 5 votes • No; it's a waste of space
23.08% • 3 votes • Yes; I may not enter, but I enjoy reading the entries
Total votes: 13
Only members can vote. Not a member? Sign Up Now

Page:

Should the Classic Corner Comps Continue?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14658

Hello Lovely DU members!

As you know, we started the Classic Corner Competitions to introduce aspiring DU poets to some of the greatest literary minds who carved the niche for our craft. These have not exclusively been classic poets, but have extended to include modern poets.

Because the site is transitioning to hashtags, we wanted to create hashtags which would direct writers to the site through these competitions. However, one from the previous competitions didn't garner enough entries to create the hashtag ( 8 is required ).

So the question is: is there enough interest here to continue?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

For those voting option #4:
What the heck are you talking about?
here is a list of the winners and links to all of the previously held CCComps.

http://www.poeticmedics.com/classic_corner_poet_tributes.html

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I'd love to hear from those who voted Classic Poetry competions are a waste of space on a poetry site! Care to stand behind your vote with a public statement to help me better understand?

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:I'd love to hear from those who voted Classic Poetry competions are a waste of space on a poetry site! Care to stand behind your vote with a public statement to help me better understand?

The Bitterness Brigade we've come to expect at DUP continues its longstanding march onward through der Underground.

Links, links, links, rechts, links!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

LOL! I have no doubt there may be spiteful actions for personal reasons, every site has that. I was honestly curious about the reason someone who genuinely voted no ( sans personal reasons ) would have.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Only 4 votes FOR so far ?!

Josh must be too busy to vote, what with him erecting tiny houses and jungle gymns in his backyard to accomodate the wave of displaced Afghani children.

I only regret that I have but one vote to lose for the CCComps! And I have yet to cast it.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:Only 4 votes FOR so far ?!

Josh must be too busy to vote, what with him erecting tiny houses and jungle gymns in his backyard to accomodate the wave of displaced Afghani children.

I only regret that I have but one vote to lose for the CCComps! And I have yet to cast it.

I thought we'd agreed not to vote? To leave it up to DU. It's obvious there isn't enough interest. I mean if we can't get enough votes to create a hashtag ( 8 ) I think a competition is futile.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:

I thought we'd agreed not to vote? To leave it up to DU. It's obvious there isn't enough interest. I mean if we can't get enough votes to create a hashtag ( 8 ) I think a competition is futile.

At the rate people are disassociating from DUP in the last 12 months, I'm not surprised. Tumbleweeds rolling through the competition forum are getting more trophies.

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 28awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 739

JohnnyBlaze said:

At the rate people are disassociating from DUP in the last 12 months, I'm not surprised. Tumbleweeds rolling through the competition forum are getting more trophies.

I'm still going to keep rolling along and fighting off the buzzards even if the comps can't continue right now :)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:

I'm still going to keep rolling along and fighting off the buzzards even if the comps can't continue right now :)

That's the spirit!

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Yes Luv, plz continue your comps.

Something that might add to success is to secretly treat your potential applicants
to your comps, as clueless , so as to encouragingly suggest various sundry ways to create
success.  anyways, How can we really  adopt a famous authour's voice? what are some secrets?

Perhaps suggest to  potential entrants some strategies? perhaps write down some of the author's elements, elements of style the author routinely falls in to...

But I digress. More power to yahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Those are great suggestions, rabbit. Kinda like we do throughout NaPo. Thanks for that input. Much appreciated.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Seven days left!

Page:
Go to: