Go to page:

Inspiring Images

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14665

A Viking era ring inscribed with the words 'for Allah', found in the grave of a woman who was buried 1200 years ago in Birka, 25 km west of modern-day Stockholm. The ring constitutes a unique material evidence of direct contact between the Vikings and the Abbasid Caliphate.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Flying cat of Ephesus.
Photo by John McGean.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:A Viking era ring inscribed with the words 'for Allah', found in the grave of a woman who was buried 1200 years ago in Birka, 25 km west of modern-day Stockholm. The ring constitutes a unique material evidence of direct contact between the Vikings and the Abbasid Caliphate.

Wow that's fascinating story.
I wonder what kind of a stone that is...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vee said:

I wondered the same thing. I sent it to my stone girl. Should hear something back soon.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Vee said:

She said by the way the light is catching it that it could be rose fluorite; however, she would have to research the location when she gets back home. She's currently on vacation in Florida until next week.

poet Anonymous

That would be wonderful, to hear more about it, cause its certainly captivating.  
I guess what's fascinating about it is that it's not a clear stone but rather murky yet it emits light.

(Sorry for not being present regularly, so much going on in my life at the moment that honestly coming here at times feels like a salvation, so I apologize for responding so late)

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This would be a huge canvas on my wall if it ever happened to me!

While hiking in Olympic National Park a couple days ago I experienced something I had never heard of.  It’s called a Brocken Spectre or Mountain Spectre.  
It’s my shadow in the center of the Aura or “Glory”.

It was probably the coolest thing I’ve ever experienced in all of my mountain days and I certainly felt very lucky.  ~ Nikki Klein

Here is a link to the short video I made that gives a better idea of the juxtaposition.

https://youtu.be/CWZ03O_a0Qw

Vee said:That would be wonderful, to hear more about it, cause its certainly captivating.  
I guess what's fascinating about it is that it's not a clear stone but rather murky yet it emits light.

(Sorry for not being present regularly, so much going on in my life at the moment that honestly coming here at times feels like a salvation, so I apologize for responding so late)

I'll have to remind her, Vee! I'd forgotten.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Saturn the Moon Jupiter and it's Moons all in 1 capture A *Once in a lifetime photo* by Scot Wilson

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:Saturn the Moon Jupiter and it's Moons all in 1 capture A *Once in a lifetime photo* by Scot Wilson

Whoa.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Amazing!

In Mexico City, drones herald the arrival of Día de muertos.
Image via Scott Horton

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I love how nature reclaims her rightful place in history.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:I love how nature reclaims her rightful place in history.

Cha cha cha Chia House!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This just blows my mind: People standing around new lava in Iceland. "Hey! Let's go out and hang with the lava tonight! To hell with the bonfire!"

JohnnyBlaze said:

Cha cha cha Chia House!

LMAO!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 40awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1763

Ahavati said:This just blows my mind: People standing around new lava in Iceland. "Hey! Let's go out and hang with the lava tonight! To hell with the bonfire!"

LMAO!

Talk about one-up-man-ship. Our wood-burners, currently on full heat, seem rather pathetic by comparison.  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Talk about one-up-man-ship. Our wood-burners, currently on full heat, seem rather pathetic by comparison.  

Could you imagine the energy, Josh?! When I was on Isla de Ometepe in Nicaragua, reclining halfway up the side of an active volcano, the energy was literally palpable. I have never felt so spiritual as I did in that place, and it led me to an understanding of why people would choose to live on an island with two active volcanos.

Regardless of what happens, they know everything will be alright. I tell ya, I never slept better either. The warmth of the land had nothing to do with heat or humidity.

Go to page:
Go to: