DU Podcast Thread

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5930

lepperochan said:

well done [s]Missy[/s], AL, Jesta, Jamie, Aldelphina, Elle and Faith. I think you should all be hosting

…Missy has got her hosting badge, thank you very much.

You’re right though, I love hearing people talk. It adds a very human edge to the place that I can certainly get behind. The digital world needs a bit more real sometimes

Massive thanks to Al for taking the plunge. It was a great job all round.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14461

Terribly sorry you miss-perceptioned my utterings. my thoughts had you in the goes without saying kinda buzz

I'm glad I had to come back and correct you anyways :), cos I don't think I gave AL enough credit for his work. that said I feel any words now would fall flat cos timing n such so *hat tip* good fellow I look forward to hearing more

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Ahahaha, I know. Always happy to get schooled by ya. 😆

Yeah. Round of applause for Al indeed. 👏🏻 👏🏻

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

lepperochan said:well done all

very interesting conversation. it's one thing reading somebody's thoughts (tone and such is very subjective) hearing them is a whole other kettle of kittens

anyhow

AL..  it was a huge commitment. your choice of people's was marvelous  even got the elusive Nikkie. :),  I hope we can hear from a lot more imembers n the coming months

to that end I would reiterate our host :

Poetcast project is a community affair. of you have an idea for a podcast get in touch.

well done Missy, AL, Jesta, Jamie, Aldelphina, Elle and Faith. I think you should all be hosting  

*hat tip*

keep an eye on this space in the coming weeks. Brenda (Crimson)  has hosted a podcast. it is the stuff of legends

Hey Lep man!

Firstly, absolutely amped to hear what Crim has done. It sounds exciting AF! Looking so forward to it.

Secondly, thank you for the kind words mate.

Thirdly, beeeeg hat tip to both you and Missy. You peeps have built an amaizing thing here. It has a world of possibilities. But also damn man the two of you work hard on this and I reckon that it's grossly misunderstood.

Lastly... I reckon you are 💯 correct. Everyone should have a go at it. It's a solid experience that builds conversation and good vibes. This world needs good vibes. I reckon I enjoyed that enough to have a go at doing it better. So if anyone has some some solid critique on it that will better future episodes I'm all ears.

Thank you for this opportunity good fellow.

Al

faithmairee
Faith Elizabeth Brigham
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 29th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 208

I concur! Fantastic job as host!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

faithmairee said:I concur! Fantastic job as host!

It was really lovely to have you with us, Faith. Don’t be a stranger!

faithmairee
Faith Elizabeth Brigham
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 29th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 208

That's very sweet of you to say! I was thrilled to be a part of it! Thank you. dear lady!

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Well done Al…good format approach, letting each person speak at first as an intro, and also good background reading effort to show your interviewees you’d read their work.

The angle of focusing on the topics you did was a good one, and brought out some interesting views/ideas.

The number of people on a call is also interesting…I think the number is maxed at interviewer plus maybe 3 others(?). You seemed to make it work ok, but curious as to what would have happened if you’d gotten a smaller group to expand on ideas.

(Editing was well done, and the two poems made great bookends. The quality of narration and background effects is improving at pace)

RevolutionAL
Alistair Plint
Dangerous Mind
South Africa 29awards
Joined 24th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1257

hemihead said:Well done Al…good format approach, letting each person speak at first as an intro, and also good background reading effort to show your interviewees you’d read their work.

The angle of focusing on the topics you did was a good one, and brought out some interesting views/ideas.

The number of people on a call is also interesting…I think the number is maxed at interviewer plus maybe 3 others(?). You seemed to make it work ok, but curious as to what would have happened if you’d gotten a smaller group to expand on ideas.

(Editing was well done, and the two poems made great bookends. The quality of narration and background effects is improving at pace)

Aah to reiterate a thing I said earlier, it's wonderful having you back!

Appreciate that the format was noticeable, that took quite a bit of introspection to decide the final route. Though the one place I may change it would be to do the more regular voices first rather than last... in this case Missy & Jess. I reckon as a interviewer you're still settling a comfort zone in the first two introductions. I reckon it comes across nervously. That said yes definitely would keep the format as to individual introductions first, before the convo.

The number of people in this one was largely due to logistics. At one stage I figured there was only one member in and so in getting it all together, in the end I had everybody. The time line thing and real lives makes these a bit of work to get a group.
But I reckon in the future we'd look at smaller groups with broader discussion.

Yeah Missy did a fantastic job on the edits and both Jesta & Magdelana were great in terms of the begining and ending quality.

Appreciate your ears on it and more so your comments to it. Very grateful mate.

Blue Skies on the waters there.

Al

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

As I’ve said so many times before, this is essentially community “radio” — being a bit rough and ready is part of its charm 😉

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Just wanted to update the folks waiting for their podcast episode… this is the reason why it’s delayed 😫

Gonna have to wait for a new laptop I’m afraid!

… don’t shoot the messenger

Carpe_Noctem
Tyrant of Words
Spain 8awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2013
Forum Posts: 2915

Oo that's a rage quit

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021

Hello guys 👋

Just wanted to update — I finally have a new laptop on order (that’s some whole other story) and can pick it up in a couple of weeks time.

I do apologise for those that have been waiting for their pod episode to appear and thank you for your patience. It’ll be out when I pick up the new bit of kit 😊

Go to page:
Go to: