DU Podcast Thread

poet Anonymous

We are now live! Listen on the following platforms:

Youtube: https://youtu.be/VWt13f18xqA
Anchor FM: https://anchor.fm/thepoetcastproject
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3Hfv1OhyGXxYaGb2XwUthw
ITunes:  coming soon

Hello!

So after much deliberation and a little experimentation saying the names out loud to see which sounded best, we amalgamated a couple of ideas and I can now confirm that the DU Podcast shall officially be known as... The Poetcast Project!

Say hello to our new artwork for the project courtesy of Umm, who lovingly incorporated the DU worm into the digital age for us (... here’s looking at you, Kid 😊)

Which leads me to a few other things:

• The Poetcast Project now has a DU account (ThePoetcastProject) where new episodes will be posted when they go live. You can follow this DU account if you want to stay up to date and receive notifications of new episodes. This account is declared as a second account.

• Submissions are now live for audio poetry! If you would like to read a poem of your own, please send the reading to Undergroundoutloud@outlook.com to be considered for the podcast. If you would like someone else to read your poem, this is also fine to submit as long as you have their consent. Please note that we cannot use every recording for every show and these would be fitted around our other main features when we can.

Try to consider the quality of your audio when you record it and try to use suitable microphones / headsets to reduce echo & feedback. If you need any help with this, head over to the loudspeaker poetry group who will be able to give you plenty of hints & recording tips.

<\shamelessplug>

It is important to note that we hope to publish the podcast on iTunes and we therefore have to adhere to their podcast guidelines. Poems regarding graphic sex & extreme violence are not permitted. A little light swearing (for example, the F word) is permitted. Just don’t go mad.

• We are also hoping to start a feature on hints, tips and poetry questions. If you have anything that you would like us to discuss on the show, please send us an e-mail to the above address also.

The team is working exceptionally hard to get this fantastic project off the ground and I think I speak for us all when I say we can’t wait to share it with the site.

Stay tuned! 🎧

~ Missy, _boybrains, Lepperochan & DanielChristensen

Umm
Dangerous Mind
Latvia 1awards
Joined 6th Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 2373

Eeep! (awesome start!) XD -- am super excited
& thank you for including me in this wonderful project ^-^

poet Anonymous

Hopefully I won’t be bald by the end of editing this... hehe

it’ll be worth it! Most excited I’ve been on the DU in a long time. 😁

poet Anonymous

Unfortunately I won`t be submitting any readings of my poetry as practically all my poems are dark, erotic, violent, religious & macabre but I do wish the best for all that do submit!

My congrats to the Du`Casters:  Missy, Lep & Umm …I`ll be listening.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

Fantastic! Things are moving right along!

poet Anonymous

DevlinDLC said:
Unfortunately I won`t be submitting any readings of my poetry as practically all my poems are dark, erotic, violent, religious & macabre but I do wish the best for all that do submit!

My congrats to the Du`Casters:  Missy, Lep & Umm …I`ll be listening.

Oh religious and macabre are fine m’dear 😊

We are also taking suggestions for any hints, tips or writing questions you would like us to discuss if you would like to get involved 😊

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014
Forum Posts: 2983

congrats - Great Idea :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 86awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5593

Miss_Sub said:

Oh religious and macabre are fine m’dear 😊

We are also taking suggestions for any hints, tips or writing questions you would like us to discuss if you would like to get involved 😊

You could do a segment on grammar and styles of poetry —almost like a teaching or mini classroom instructional.  Say Haiku for instance -tell about its origins and history , the grammatical aspect of it, read a few , tell about famous writers who have used the style, etc.  Do another style , next podcast, and so on .

poet Anonymous

MadameLavender said:

You could do a segment on grammar and styles of poetry —almost like a teaching or mini classroom instructional.  Say Haiku for instance -tell about its origins and history , the grammatical aspect of it, read a few , tell about famous writers who have used the style, etc.  Do another style , next podcast, and so on .

Noted

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
32awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2264

So.........am I ........er are we gonna get to hear Missy Sing???

poet Anonymous

Na, love. This is about the DeeYouPea.

(... However I uploaded a little sing song just today. Enjoy, number one fan. )

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

if you ever need me to tap dance then I could do that :-))))

Nari
Laura Jean
Fire of Insight
Luxembourg 3awards
Joined 2nd July 2018
Forum Posts: 273

Love ya, girl

poet Anonymous

...Almost 99.7% sure Macleod is a dude. But ok.

David_Macleod
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 39awards
Joined 5th Nov 2014

hey, hold on a minute are you so sure ??????

Go to page:
Go to: