Go to page:

In the News

ajay
Fire of Insight
2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1294

China's Social Credit System and the Use of AI Within It: a 2024 Report

The China social credit system is a broad regulatory framework intended to report on the ‘trustworthiness’ of individuals, corporations, and governmental entities across China. In this introduction, we explain how the China social credit system works in 2024, how it differs from financial credit ratings elsewhere, and how it impacts individuals and companies operating within China.

https://joinhorizons.com/china-social-credit-system-explained/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14843

ajay said:China's Social Credit System and the Use of AI Within It: a 2024 Report

The China social credit system is a broad regulatory framework intended to report on the ‘trustworthiness’ of individuals, corporations, and governmental entities across China. In this introduction, we explain how the China social credit system works in 2024, how it differs from financial credit ratings elsewhere, and how it impacts individuals and companies operating within China.

https://joinhorizons.com/china-social-credit-system-explained/

A moral society under an authoritarian regime. Got to maintain that control.

Curation of blacklists and redlists
The data acquired is used to add individuals and corporations to lists (some public, some not).

Punishments, sanctions and rewards
Based partially (but not entirely) on presence in the lists identified above, individuals are punished and rewarded.

No biasedness there, nope.  

There are many ways to lose points and lower one’s social credit score, depending on the city where the offense takes place. Some of the more trivial score-lowering actions include:

An individual not visiting their parents on a frequent basis

Jaywalking
Walking a dog without putting it on a leash
Smoking in a non-smoking zone
Cheating in online videogames

This goes back to the previous discussion of cameras recording everything. That's the thing with authoritarian regimes - they take it too far and infiltrate a person's private existence. There is no privacy or freedom.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Just. Wow. Just watched this during lunch and actually stopped eating when it showed the conversation.

NEW FIGURE 01 AI Robot w/ 41 Axes Stuns Tech World (DEMOS “AGI” UPDATE X OPENAI)

https://youtu.be/1nJBFTr5xXA?si=8QoTlNrPF4Mk_742

Edit: BTW, this is the epitome of Pluto in Aquarius and Sedna in Gemini - The Rise of AI

ajay
Fire of Insight
2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023

Ahavati said:Just. Wow. Just watched this during lunch and actually stopped eating when it showed the conversation.

NEW FIGURE 01 AI Robot w/ 41 Axes Stuns Tech World (DEMOS “AGI” UPDATE X OPENAI)

Edit: BTW, this is the epitome of Pluto in Aquarius and Sedna in Gemini - The Rise of AI

It's all very nice, A, but it's just like going to the zoo to watch a performing seal balance a ball on the end of its nose. A party trick, in other words. There are millions of humans already in the world. What's the point of making more AI versions of them? Economically, it would be suicide for the boss class.

However, if the scientists ever get around to using AI tech to give a blind person, for example, the ability to see with reasonable clarity, well, I'd applaud it, and hopefully they soon will.

💐

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

ajay said:
It's all very nice, A, but it's just like going to the zoo to watch a performing seal balance a ball on the end of its nose. A party trick, in other words. There are millions of humans already in the world. What's the point of making more AI versions of them? Economically, it would be suicide for the boss class.

However, if the scientists ever get around to using AI tech to give a blind person, for example, the ability to see with reasonable clarity, well, I'd applaud it, and hopefully they soon will.

💐

Very nice?! I thought it was shocking! I had no idea they had designed robots with that type of dexterity. Watch, they'll develop a skin to cover it with. You'll be able to tell at first that it's a robot, but then, as technology advances, you won't.

Seriously, I was like "Just. Wow." because I honestly didn't realize we'd come this far already. And just like anything, it can be used for positive or negative intentions depending on whose controlling it.

And that voice!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1790

Ahavati said:Just. Wow. Just watched this during lunch and actually stopped eating when it showed the conversation.

Did you clock the language of the last 45 seconds and the hidden subtext of the "Technology = Progess" ideology where technical progress is confused with societal progress, with an unquestioned assumption that it's all a "obviously good thing" (without using those exact words) and by implication anyone who questions it must be an idiot.

Here's the text (from 7.13 - 8.02), and I have highlighted relevant parts which convey the subliminal messaging:

“As these technologies advance, prioritising transparency and safety will be crucial to their acceptance and beneficial integration into society. Overall, Google’s CIMA AI provides yet another level of natural language understanding to pave the way for the next generation of unprecedented collaboration between humans and machines, hinting at a future where various AI agents could become integral to our daily lives enhancing our capabilities and assisting in overcoming complex challenges. Deep Mine’s work with CIMA is a glimpse into a future where the line between human and artificial intelligence continues to blur promising a world enriched by intelligent, adaptable and communicative AI partners.”

Just to pick one point -- "overcoming complex challenges" -- Gaza?  Starvation?  Wars?  Inequality?  Food banks?  Corruption?  Increasing suicide rates?  Turbo-cancer?  Privatisation of the commons?  Pollution?  Toxic housing materials?  Micro-plastics? etc, etc

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I have no idea, Josh. I honestly don't. But mark my words, you won't be able to tell them apart from humans by the time they've finished perfecting development. Have you watched 'Creator' yet? You might be surprised to discover who the real monsters are.

PS: I learned from Scooby Doo decades ago.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1790

Ahavati said:I have no idea, Josh. I honestly don't. But mark my words, you won't be able to tell them apart from humans by the time they've finished perfecting development. Have you watched 'Creator' yet? You might be surprised to discover who the real monsters are.

PS: I learned from Scooby Doo decades ago.

Technology is a form of power, and as such it generally accrues to those who already have power. Not all new technologies are 'bad' but they are not neutral, they bring with them a certain mind-set and force in how we relate to, and interact with, the environment. My basic stance is always one of suspicion, I admit; and I ask, why would we want this anyway? Who says it's obviously 'a good thing', and why?

Still haven't watched Creator. I don't have netflix or anything so I'm not sure how I'd get to see it. I have to say I'm not a great fan of films -- I can't stand anything pyscho, and have very limited capacity for crash-bang-wallop films. I did however like the new Dune a couple of years ago, but Avatar-2 The Way of Water was too much fighting for me; I like the original one. But maybe Creator will arrive here locally and I can view it with Portuguese subtitles. Or maybe I can persuade our local outdoor-films-on-the-quinta people to get it for one of this Summer's viewings. (I serve the popcorn, and Veronika does the bar).

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Technology is a form of power, and as such it generally accrues to those who already have power. Not all new technologies are 'bad' but they are not neutral, they bring with them a certain mind-set and force in how we relate to, and interact with, the environment. My basic stance is always one of suspicion, I admit; and I ask, why would we want this anyway? Who says it's obviously 'a good thing', and why?

Just as anything else that wields power, I think it can be good in the hands of those who desire to improve humanity. I'm thinking the elderly, in particular. Companionship for the lonely, as so many elderly seem to be discarded in today's times.  But, yes, those with resources ( the top 1% ) would most likely end up with a control that benefitted themselves.

Still haven't watched Creator. I don't have netflix or anything so I'm not sure how I'd get to see it. I have to say I'm not a great fan of films -- I can't stand anything pyscho, and have very limited capacity for crash-bang-wallop films. I did however like the new Dune a couple of years ago, but Avatar-2 The Way of Water was too much fighting for me; I like the original one. But maybe Creator will arrive here locally and I can view it with Portuguese subtitles. Or maybe I can persuade our local outdoor-films-on-the-quinta people to get it for one of this Summer's viewings. (I serve the popcorn, and Veronika does the bar).

You would definitely enjoy it.

ajay
Fire of Insight
2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023

☝️💐☝️
If you two☝️☝️ want something real to worry about instead of filling your head with science fiction fairy stories, worry about what's going to happen when China overtakes the US as the world's dominant economic power in the not too distant future. The last time there was a change at the top of the table, two world wars resulted, the second of which ended with the dropping of hydrogen and atomic bombs on Japan.

The problem is not AI/technology, or authoritarianism – whatever the f*ck that is. The problem, as ever, remains the economic relations of production, ie. capitalism, whether state capitalism (China) or free-market capitalism (the West). That's what will kill us all, with its inevitable wars of competition etc., nothing else, unless we, as a class, get involved, come together and work towards replacing it with a co-operative relations of production.

Everything else is pissing in the wind. 🙃

_____

Meanwhile, back in the real world ...

Medics design AI tool to predict side-effects in breast cancer patients

Trials in UK, France and the Netherlands indicate tool can predict if patient will experience problems from surgery and radiotherapy

Full report:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2024/mar/20/medics-design-ai-tool-to-predict-side-effects-in-breast-cancer-patients

🤖👾

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The problem is not AI/technology, or authoritarianism – whatever the f*ck that is.

Are you seriously asking that?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

INCREDIBLE !!

Scientists have revived a plant from the Pleistocene epoch.  The oldest plant ever regenerated was grown from 32,000-year-old seeds, surpassing the previous record by around 30,000 years.  A Russian team discovered a cache of seeds of Silene stenophylla, a plant native to Siberia, that had been buried by an Ice Age squirrel near the banks of the Kolyma River (map).  Radiocarbon dating confirmed that the seeds were 32,000 years old.

https://scitechdaily.com/pleistocene-era-plant-revived-from-siberian-permafrost/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Now what could go wrong?!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This is horrifying but not surprising for a full moon eclipse transit.

Baltimore Bridge Collapses After Being Hit by Ship, Sending Vehicles Into River

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/baltimore-bridge-collapses-after-being-hit-by-ship-sending-vehicles-into-river/ar-BB1kxCt4?cvid=12de476b313b42e2c0902e07774bdd2a&ei=10

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Finally! I understand the cross-over eclipse in Texas and Pluto Rx into Capricorn this year!  

UNITED STATES: 35-year-old Texas man has legally changed his name to 'Literally Anybody Else' and says he will run for US President against Biden and Trump.

https://www.business-standard.com/world-news/us-election-texas-man-runs-for-president-as-literally-anybody-else-124032600410_1.html

Go to page:
Go to: