I have, it doesn’t work.

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1238

Her said:I have, it doesn’t work.
I'm baffled, then.☹️
Report it directly to the Webmiss, if you haven't already done so.

Asani
Twisted Dreamer
Jamaica
Joined 17th July 2012
Forum Posts: 20

Pleasant day, whenever I tried to add multimedia videos with the person in video. The video playback path gets corrupted, I’ve done my troubleshooting with YouTube and it wasn’t the problem. However, on this website it’s not allowing playback. I’ve uploaded before and it wasn’t a problem. Was there an update that is now hindering these new submissions to be added? How do I go about uploading recordings from files and not from YouTube?

Abracadabra
Tyrant of Words
Kiribati 21awards
Joined 13th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 2715

ajay said:When it happens, have you tried clearing your history before you attempt to log in again?

Using Tor, Brave, Firefox, Chrome, even with Linux the issue remains, clearing history makes no difference. And yes the Webmiz was informed about this weeks and weeks ago.

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1238

Abracadabra said:

Using Tor, Brave, Firefox, Chrome, even with Linux the issue remains, clearing history makes no difference. And yes the Webmiz was informed about this weeks and weeks ago.

If it is a site problem, why is it not happening to everyone? Perhaps it's something outside the control of the Webmiss. I'm sure by now  she would have fixed whatever the problem is, if she were able to.

jmcchesnie
Joylyn
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 5th Oct 2023
Forum Posts: 70

It crashed on me yesterday for about an hour. It's definitely DUP because all the other sites I go to work fine.

Her
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 1st Sep 2021
Forum Posts: 71

I was able to post a poem early this morning, no problem. Then I went to post another and I was bumped off the site for two hours. I haven’t attempted to try and post the second poem again. Hopefully this time it works. This is infuriating.

jmcchesnie
Joylyn
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 5th Oct 2023

It is frustrating. Sometimes I can't even get it to save a draft.

WillowsWhimsies
Dangerous Mind
United States 16awards
Joined 8th Mar 2016
Forum Posts: 256

Lately it's been glitching & not allowing me to type a comment even. I have to sign out, wait a while & sign back in to try again. Don't know if anyone else has been having this trouble

jmcchesnie
Joylyn
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 5th Oct 2023

Yes, I have been having that problem too. In fact it just did it while I was trying to leave this reply.

Abracadabra
Tyrant of Words
Kiribati 21awards
Joined 13th Nov 2009
Forum Posts: 2715

It's a relief when you click submit and everything works but it's a real bitch when it doesn't.

Her
Tyrant of Words
United States 12awards
Joined 1st Sep 2021
Forum Posts: 71

It seems like there is a lot less posting lately, I find myself struggling sometimes to find new reading material. I’m pretty much dedicated to DUP and don’t post elsewhere. I know how frustrating it’s been. I’m wondering if people are losing faith in the site due to these problems and just giving up. Just my thoughts…

Kou_Indigo
Karam L. Parveen-Ashton
Tyrant of Words
United States 69awards
Joined 15th Sep 2011
Forum Posts: 2799

Yeah, the problem is still persisting with me too... I did contact the webmistress once again recently about it, but I heard nothing back about it since. Tonight, I was unable to post even one written work before this issue struck, once again when I was selecting my themes. As per usual, whenever this happens, I use my VPN and I have zero problems whatsoever (I'm using a Portugal server since it's one of the faster servers my VPN offers). Luckily, the issues I had with it being slower and with me being unable to post images to go with my writings when using a VPN seems to be no longer issues. Now, when using the VPN, this site functions for me pretty much the same as it used to. So, I was able to put up my two latest works thankfully, associated images and all. But it is very distressing that I have to use this makeshift workaround in order to not have problems with the site! I wish the initial bug, or glitch, or whatever the problem is could just be fixed so I wouldn't need to use my VPN whenever I want to pop on DUP and post things. *Sigh* I have cleared my browser's cache and history, tried different browsers, you name it! Only thing that works is using a VPN. Whatever the problem is... it's a weird one for sure.

Poetryman
Tyrant of Words
United States 29awards
Joined 14th Aug 2011
Forum Posts: 1531

Yesterday was the first time I was able to get logged in to DUP in a month without getting booted off the next thing I clicked on. I hope the issues are fixed!
JJ

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

Her said:This has been happening to me for months. It's happened three times today alone. Once while submitting a new poem and the other two times, just losing a secure connection to the server.

What Her has described has been happening to me the last two days, made me wonder if DUP has been crashing? Yet I see other people still able to submit new poems on this site.

Go to page:
Go to: