Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15110

Rew said:Quite frankly I'm as sick
of this sham family as I
am sick of the sham truth
of trump et al

I agree. I lost ALL respect for those controlling the royal family when they told Queen Elizabeth that she was too busy to see one of her own sons. And she let it be known too that it wasn't HER decision not to see them. They may be the monarchy, but they don't move without being told to. . .or speak, or blink, or . . .

TheFormalDormouse
Lost Thinker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th Feb 2024
Forum Posts: 11

Kalliope is resurfacing in Turkey. Is the next great epic right around the corner?

"Excavations in the ancient city of Side, located in southern Turkey, have unearthed a remarkable mosaic floor dating back to the 2nd century BCE, depicting the legendary figure of Kalliope, one of the nine muses in Greek mythology."

https://archaeologymag.com/2024/05/2200-year-old-mosaic-floor-kalliope-side/

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

OMG! Thank you for sharing!

TheFormalDormouse
Lost Thinker
United States 1awards
Joined 9th Feb 2024
Forum Posts: 11

Ahavati said:OMG! Thank you for sharing!

I'm hoping we get better photos soon. Kalliope and I...well, I love her very much and I'm very excited that she's making herself known again.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Wild elephants may have names that other elephants use to call them

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/07/nx-s1-4994426/wild-elephants-individual-names

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Image: Her father's human ashes by Gabriella Reyes Fuchs

Tea Break midmorning read. Very touching.

After the passing of her father, Fuchs began to contemplate the (im)permanence of human consciousness after death. Her training in photography and film inspired her to create the project Dead Soon, which fuses technology, art, and science.

As part of her investigation, Fuchs took her father’s ashes to the UNAM MicroFilm Lab, where she examined the ashes using a bright field microscope. The scientists at UNAM predicted that all she would be able to see would be black and white images of the powdery specks. However, the microscope revealed an amazing surprise: mesmerizing multicolored nebulae which appeared to fluoresce from within, glowing with an unexplained inner light. Fuchs imaged her father’s ashes using still and video photography, creating compelling images which blur the line between microcosm and macrocosm, between life and death.

https://www.visualvoicegallery.com/portfolio/uncategorized/gabriela-reyes-fuchs-dead-soon/

I had to take this further:

Stars that go supernova are responsible for creating many of the elements of the periodic table, including those that make up the human body.

Planetary scientist and stardust expert Dr Ashley King explains.

'It is totally 100% true: nearly all the elements in the human body were made in a star and many have come through several supernovas.'

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/are-we-really-made-of-stardust.html

What a comforting validation to discover.  

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 418

Further to the elements being
formed in stars. Atoms of dead
creatures make atoms of the living.

So, we are part tyrannosaurus rex
and part Queen Cleopatra, etc, etc...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Rew said:Further to the elements being
formed in stars. Atoms of dead
creatures make atoms of the living.

So, we are part tyrannosaurus rex
and part Queen Cleopatra, etc, etc...

Yes! We literally are everything and everyone in some miniscule manner that's more expansive than we could ever imagine.

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 418

the great circle of being?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Rew said:the great circle of being?

Or spiral!

PAR
PAULO ACACIO RAMOS
Fire of Insight
Portugal 17awards
Joined 26th May 2022
Forum Posts: 236

Very interesting way of looking at things that are inside and outside of everyone.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PAR said:Very interesting way of looking at things that are inside and outside of everyone.

I agree!

Fromelalome
Rakhi roman
Lost Thinker
Thailand
Joined 21st May 2024
Forum Posts: 8

Phantom hands up.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This structure has been built by spiders for reproduction and it's called a Silkhenge.

It typically consists of a central "spire" constructed of spider silk, containing one to two eggs, surrounded by a sort of fence of silk in a circle.

Silkhenges were discovered in 2013 by Georgia Tech student Troy Alexander. He posted a picture on Reddit asking for help identifying it.

No information was forthcoming, as this turned out to be a completely unknown phenomenon. His discovery acquired the name "silkhenge" because of its similarity to Stonehenge.

At the end of that year, an eight-day expedition led by Phil Torres found dozens more examples of this phenomenon, generally on the trunks of bamboo and cecropia trees.

Interestingly, so far, the species of spiders building these structure are still unknown.

[📸 Dante Fenolio]

Go to page:
Go to: