Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

How is your day? No Topic

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

JohnnyBlaze said:Still not feeling entirely well, but on the bright side, I lost a couple of pounds. Now only 43 more to go LOL. Not a cloud in the sky this morning and almost above freezing. So glad not to be buried under snow . . . yet.

Aww. I missed this somehow yesterday; not even sure it was in my notifications. I'm glad you are feeling better, and losing a few pounds is always a plus!

Gorgeous 64 degrees today ( so far ). Doors wide open, and hope this trend continues, particularly for the elderly and/or disabled, or even those who covid has hit the hardest are spared excessive heating bills over the holidays.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:

Aww. I missed this somehow yesterday; not even sure it was in my notifications. I'm glad you are feeling better, and losing a few pounds is always a plus!

Gorgeous 64 degrees today ( so far ). Doors wide open, and hope this trend continues, particularly for the elderly and/or disabled, or even those who covid has hit the hardest are spared excessive heating bills over the holidays.

Lovely. You deserve it after all those years of being a frog jumping on a hot sidewalk. 🐸🌞

And you missed nothing; that was this morning. 😊

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Another glorious one here in the south! 😊 Hope you all have a blessed evening. 🙏💙

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Ahavati said:Another glorious one here in the south! 😊 Hope you all have a blessed evening. 🙏💙

WOW!!!!
Amazing colors

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

My new baby boy
Blue Pit, Bull dog mix

Need a name taking suggestions
Two syllables is best for training

Issac, Asa, Jasper, Mica, Cletus, ?

poet Anonymous

Just tying to fit in

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ricky-sJournals said:Just tying to fit in

I can sense that from your efforts, Ricky, and I care enough to be honest with you.

You're not going to fit in if you keep dissing people and deliberately, how you put it,

Ricky-sJournals said:
In my quest to get at some, the wrong people will take offence.

You've admitted in other posts as well that you're deliberately referring to certain members, or attempting to * get a rise * out of them, etc.

The purpose of this board is poetry: Deep Underground Poetry. While people do socialize on a personal level, it should only be second to the purpose of the board. If you truly want to fit in, STOP with the baited comments and thinly veiled zingers toward those with multiple profiles who use them honorably; or, those who may comment but don't "Like" a post, etc.  I could go on, but won't; you already know. ( Don't misunderstand me here; I don't take anything personally, so you're not insulting me at all. )

Your behaviour sometimes reminds me of the school yard bully vying for attention in negative ways because he never received it in positive ways. All it does is repel others from interacting with you. And, honestly, you don't have to act that way; there are people on this board who do care for you.

If you really want to fit in, then start supporting the poets on this board as a poet. Look for the positive in their poems. Encourage them, and you would be surprised what will happen in your own life.

What you emit comes home, Ricky.  

I care enough about you to want you to fit in; thus I take the time to converse with you openly and honestly. Do the work and reap the returns.

Much Love.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

One certainly isn't going to fit in anywhere these days alienating all the bisexual and homosexual people in attendance by weilding the term fa**ot in a heated discussion as if it were some kind of mic dropped killer insult. You might as well be saying ni**ger. You are essentially kissing a huge chunk of the population goodbye as the word spreads you are a homophobe, even if you aren't one.

eroseternal
Tim Eros
Thought Provoker
United States
Joined 6th July 2019
Forum Posts: 87

My day is sad.   I was reminded that the love of my life is with her new lover.   Just makes being alone forever so much harder.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

eroseternal said:My day is sad.   I was reminded that the love of my life is with her new lover.   Just makes being alone forever so much harder.

Sorry to hear that man. Stay well.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

eroseternal said:My day is sad.   I was reminded that the love of my life is with her new lover.   Just makes being alone forever so much harder.

This time of year can amplify the feeling of loneliness. Wishing you peace and blessings this season, Tim.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Lucked onto a complete set of The Hunger Games DVDs for $7.98. Halfway through it now after a long couple of days tending to the health of a special needs cat and her kittens.

poet Anonymous

I like the, honesty isn’t the right word you know lol.

But everyone keep writing and enjoy the day.

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Ricky-sJournals said:Just tying to fit in

G'day Ricky...yeah I'm from Australia...I have been a member here in DUP for a while now and I can say that I have made some very good friends from many parts of the world. Sadly mate, if you are going to use fairly violent language towards your fellow Poets then you will never fit in. For me personally, I am not going to put up with homophobic or racist verbal assaults...that rubbish is for facebook...this is a poetry site, and a wonderful site it is...though the politics of the USA lately has certainly made it a little less wonderful, yet behind all that, the majority of us just want share our art and help each other through the daily grind of life.
I would most certainly like read some of your poetry...like to see you...fit in mate.
Cheers...Harry

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ricky-sJournals said:I like the, honesty isn’t the right word you know lol.

But everyone keep writing and enjoy the day.

No; it's the right word. I simply care enough about you to say it openly vs behind your back. You have a nice evening too, Ricky.

Harry; thank you.

Go to page:
Go to: