Content Warning : Do you want to continue?
This forum post contains content which some readers may find disturbing.
It is unsuitable for children or anyone who is easily offended.
YES
I am over 18 years old, I have been warned and I still want to read this forum post.
NO
I don't want to read this type of content, take me back to the previous page.
Go to page:

How is your day? No Topic

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14145

The colors are leaving, but the patterns remain the same.  
Temperatures are dropping into the chilly zone; doors still open; however, I have some warmies on!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5572

Ahavati said:The colors are leaving, but the patterns remain the same.  
Temperatures are dropping into the chilly zone; doors still open; however, I have some warmies on!

Phantom limbs with their leaves!

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

After losing two more of my indoor adult cats to a Covid-19 like virus continuing to plague the feline population of my household, the Universe gifted me with four baby kittens this morning. 🐱😺😺😺 Praying they will make it through this unscathed. 🙏🌌

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:After losing two more of my indoor adult cats to a Covid-19 like virus continuing to plague the feline population of my household, the Universe gifted me with four baby kittens this morning. 🐱😺😺😺 Praying they will make it through this unscathed. 🙏🌌

Awww! I hope so too! <3

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Ahavati said:The colors are leaving, but the patterns remain the same.  

Lovely photo A. It's 36C down here in Adelaide today...just a warm spring day really ...we start a 6 day complete state lockdown here in South Australia today...everything is shut bar essentials...supermarkets, hospitals...all restaurants and pubs are closed, no take away food...but being Australia, our beer and wine shops are open...fuck the virus...give us Aussies booze and we are happy little vegemites .
Cheers...Harry

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

badmalthus said:

Lovely photo A. It's 36C down here in Adelaide today...just a warm spring day really ...we start a 6 day complete state lockdown here in South Australia today...everything is shut bar essentials...supermarkets, hospitals...all restaurants and pubs are closed, no take away food...but being Australia, our beer and wine shops are open...fuck the virus...give us Aussies booze and we are happy little vegemites .
Cheers...Harry

Thanks, Harry. There was just something about the image that mesmerized me. It was the combination of shadows and imprints of leaves from the recent rain we'd had. It was almost like moving fossils. I dunno; I don't remember seeing ( or,  maybe I should say noticing  ) anything like that before.

Man, I hate to hear about your lockdown and hope they get the virus under control asap! But mostly, I hope you and Carol are doing okay! Cheers from across the pond!

badmalthus
Harry Rout
Dangerous Mind
19awards
Joined 3rd May 2014
Forum Posts: 433

Ahavati said:

Thanks, Harry. There was just something about the image that mesmerized me. It was the combination of shadows and imprints of leaves from the recent rain we'd had. It was almost like moving fossils. I dunno; I don't remember seeing ( or,  maybe I should say noticing  ) anything like that before.

Man, I hate to hear about your lockdown and hope they get the virus under control asap! But mostly, I hope you and Carol are doing okay! Cheers from across the pond!

Yes, moving fossils.
We are lucky down here in Ozland, A...both our major polical parties are pretty much on the same page...some extreme right-siders disagree with how we are managing the virus, but we are happy with what our Liberal Party (that's equal to your Republican Party), have done both health wise and economically here. We only have a small outbreak (24 new cases) at the moment here in South Australia that has come in via a returning Aussie from England, somehow got out with a security guard from hotel quarantine...shit happens. Hard shut-down for 6 days and then either open up or shut for a further week. Que sera sera.
Wonderful thoughts back to you my friend xoxo

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Lord.

Today, I travelled 5 miles into what qualifies as "civilization".  The owner of the business I was hoping to access was under self quarantine. At the locked door to the business, I encountered a masked individual who admitted to just getting over a Covid infection. This was a block away from another person who was just self quarantined because of contact with infected family members.

Wisconsin, USA is out of control and STILL there are non maskers out shopping.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's the same way here and it baffles me. It's such a tiny thing. What if surgeons refused to wear masks because it infringed on their freedoms; and, after all, any virus the patient may catch from them would be no worse than the flu. . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:It's the same way here and it baffles me. It's such a tiny thing. What if surgeons refused to wear masks because it infringed in their freedoms, and, after all, any virus the patient may catch would be no worse than the flu. . .

I just want this to be over. Please, let's get these new vaccines out into circulation and be done with the bulk of this.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

I just want this to be over. Please, let's get these new vaccines out into circulation and be done with the bulk of this.

xo

It's another stunning day here. I have the doors wide open, but it's a chilly 46 degrees so I have my warmies on. Just finished work for the day,a nd am allowing my creative juices to stir with the cleansing of Palo Santo wafting throughout the rooms. <3

MaryWalker
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 225

Ahavati said:

xo

It's another stunning day here. I have the doors wide open, but it's a chilly 46 degrees so I have my warmies on. Just finished work for the day,a nd am allowing my creative juices to stir with the cleansing of Palo Santo wafting throughout the rooms. <3

Wowzers. It's actually warmer here at a balmy 56° on its way to 61°. I'm coining the term "Climate Insanity".

I thought perhaps that was the spirit of an art critic passing by your painting! <3

Gonna write Write WRITE! today; I just need things to poem about.

And apparently I can't be bothered to check which account I'm logged into LOL

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

MaryWalker said:

Wowzers. It's actually warmer here at a balmy 56° on its way to 61°. I'm coining the term "Climate Insanity".

I thought perhaps that was the spirit of an art critic passing by your painting! <3

Gonna write Write WRITE! today; I just need things to poem about.

And apparently I can't be bothered to check which account I'm logged into LOL

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

It's a doomy, gloomy overcast day and I'm feeling under the weather. Think I am going to sit under a blanket of cats until my energy level returns. ☁😑☁

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Still not feeling entirely well, but on the bright side, I lost a couple of pounds. Now only 43 more to go LOL. Not a cloud in the sky this morning and almost above freezing. So glad not to be buried under snow . . . yet.

Go to page:
Go to: