Go to page:

Mysteriousness.....

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5947

Ok… WORST show you’ve ever attended?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

Northern_Soul said:Ok… WORST show you’ve ever attended?

omg it was Alice In Chains many moons ago. They were so wasted, the couldnt even play. Tried to see them 3 times!  Nope. They barely made it through 2 songs then it was all over but the shoutin. Extremely disappointing, since they were HUGE back in the day.....it was really bad...I know they loved their heroin...
saw them again a few years ago, they kicked ass. But their 1st memories of them were disturbing.

Same question!  go!

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5947

Guns n’ roses. Seriously.

It was a time when Slash wasn’t there and Buckethead was. Axl was tuneless and fighting for stage time with buckethead on who could be the biggest prick I think. I got bored and left halfway through. Fucking jokes.

However, a few months later I saw Slash with Velvet Revolver and they were just… *chef’s kiss* 😙👌🏻

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

Northern_Soul said:Guns n’ roses. Seriously.

It was a time when Slash wasn’t there and Buckethead was. Axl was tuneless and fighting for stage time with buckethead on who could be the biggest prick I think. I got bored and left halfway through. Fucking jokes.

However, a few months later I saw Slash with Velvet Revolver and they were just… *chef’s kiss* 😙👌🏻


Love me some Velvet Revolver!

Axl is a sassy bitch. lol

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 33awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5947

Urgh I dunno. I watched their Glastonbury set last year and Axl’s days of holding a tune are over I think.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

Northern_Soul said:Urgh I dunno. I watched their Glastonbury set last year and Axl’s days of holding a tune are over I think.

Hes all done but the shoutin.....lol

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

a mod can delete this thread. thanks.

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 166

Why delete it?!

Worst show, easy...

ZZTop, which I love for their older stuff. They opened for Hank Williams Jr (I know, wtf. Right?)

ZZ was great.  And then ol Hank Jr spent a chunk of his set talking politics. Just, no. A huge portion of the crowd left, including us.  
I went to see ZZ, and I was happy for that. But not with Hankie.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

Styxian said:Why delete it?!

Worst show, easy...

ZZTop, which I love for their older stuff. They opened for Hank Williams Jr (I know, wtf. Right?)

ZZ was great.  And then ol Hank Jr spent a chunk of his set talking politics. Just, no. A huge portion of the crowd left, including us.  
I went to see ZZ, and I was happy for that. But not with Hankie.


I dont know, seemed it got lost in the madness. lol.
Family Tradition is one of our songs for when do yucca.

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 166

Hank Jr has a great older song called "Outlaw Women" that is perfect.
He's not a bad artist, but a bad political pawn.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

I know a few of those, sheesh....

The_Darkness_Insid
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 274

mysteriouslady said:

I will always talk about music. Music has saved my life. <3


I really feel this statement. Music has been my one constant throughout a a crazy chaotic life that has seen many people and situations come and go. Music is a lifeline. A lighthouse in the fog that can always help me find my way back to shore when I have gone way too far into the deep.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

The_Darkness_Insid said:

I really feel this statement. Music has been my one constant throughout a a crazy chaotic life that has seen many people and situations come and go. Music is a lifeline. A lighthouse in the fog that can always help me find my way back to shore when I have gone way too far into the deep.


Music has been my life since I was a baby, so Ive been told, and has carried on til this very moment. Music saved me.

The_Darkness_Insid
Fire of Insight
United States 3awards
Joined 16th Apr 2024
Forum Posts: 274

mysteriouslady said:

Music has been my life since I was a baby, so Ive been told, and has carried on til this very moment. Music saved me.


Couldn't agree more. I'm my younger years I was very particular about the type of music I would listen to. Obviously in my very young years it would be whatever my patents played. My mom would play a lot of oldies from the 50s and early 60s and some disco. My father was a huge Elvis fan. I remember when I was about 8 or so I got one of those suitcase record olayers and a couple of Elvis records for Christmas one year. Arguably my favorite present from my youth. Elvis remains a part of my life and I still listen from time to time and it can take me right back to a time before the world and life beat me into submission.

At 10 years old I found rap. My first cassette tape of my own music that I picked out was Run DMC Raising Hell. I became obsessed with this poetry that was spoken to a beat. I would put on little rap concerts for my family and they would get such a kick out of it.

In my teen years my go to was 2pac. I felt as if he knew me and was speaking to me on a personal level and somehow that made me feel like I wasn't so alone. I was very strict in my love for rap/hip hop and wouldn't really give much of a chance to other music.

As I got older,  I started to broaden my intake to other genres and I am so glad I did. There is so much good music. I will listen to most any genre now with the exception of opera. My country music tastes are also pretty limited. I like some Conway Twitty songs and Kenny Rogers but other than that I don't find it too appealing.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. My point is that music is a huge part of my life and has been for a long time. I love music and I can't go a day without it. If I'm not listening to music, I'm singing or humming something. I wake up every morning with a tinge on my mind and end the day in the same way.

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2471

The_Darkness_Insid said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm my younger years I was very particular about the type of music I would listen to. Obviously in my very young years it would be whatever my patents played. My mom would play a lot of oldies from the 50s and early 60s and some disco. My father was a huge Elvis fan. I remember when I was about 8 or so I got one of those suitcase record olayers and a couple of Elvis records for Christmas one year. Arguably my favorite present from my youth. Elvis remains a part of my life and I still listen from time to time and it can take me right back to a time before the world and life beat me into submission.

At 10 years old I found rap. My first cassette tape of my own music that I picked out was Run DMC Raising Hell. I became obsessed with this poetry that was spoken to a beat. I would put on little rap concerts for my family and they would get such a kick out of it.

In my teen years my go to was 2pac. I felt as if he knew me and was speaking to me on a personal level and somehow that made me feel like I wasn't so alone. I was very strict in my love for rap/hip hop and wouldn't really give much of a chance to other music.

As I got older,  I started to broaden my intake to other genres and I am so glad I did. There is so much good music. I will listen to most any genre now with the exception of opera. My country music tastes are also pretty limited. I like some Conway Twitty songs and Kenny Rogers but other than that I don't find it too appealing.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. My point is that music is a huge part of my life and has been for a long time. I love music and I can't go a day without it. If I'm not listening to music, I'm singing or humming something. I wake up every morning with a tinge on my mind and end the day in the same way.


You arent rambling. You are passionate. Theres a difference.
Peter Piper. Boom

I love all music.  I can go  from Vivaldi to the marching band at the local HS, to Slipknot to run dmc, to deftones to easy e to Volbeat to Chopin to Ambrosia to kid rocks techno to Etta James to rave dance music to Sevendust to dare I say early Madonna...Any and all. Blue grass, to Deicide.....Im all in. Music saved my lifer at one point, so never apologize for loving music. I could go one for hours and hours about music. I forgot Korn, STP, Audioslave, etc.....ets go.....



Go to page:
Go to: