Go to page:

The Politics Place

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

Trump bent over for the Saudi kingdom. And bent over for Putin, praising him for invading Ukraine.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14461

I reckon what's happening in Ukraine is probably the best case scenario.

in 2014 the American administration of the time conducted a coup / regime change in Ukraine. this is fact.

a leaked call between two US diplomats revealed all including how the Amercans felt about ruffling feathers in Europe "fuck the EU" were the words used. find it, listen to it, educate yourselves

the government installed were open Nazis, wore insignia, carried flags and worshipped their national hero -a Nazi collaborator.

Ukraine is one of the few countries in Europe where nazi regalia is legal

at the same time as the regime change two provinces in Ukraine declared independence. since then both sides have been shelling each other.

so, for 8 years now the Ukrainian government has been shelling its own people. in the last four years 385 civilians have died. 80% of those civilians were killed by Ukrainian forces

[ when Assad in Syria was accused of such things he was attacked by the US led alliance]

everything Russia has done so far falls well within the parameters of international law.

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 761

lepperochan said:I reckon what's happening in Ukraine is probably the best case scenario.

in 2014 the American administration of the time conducted a coup / regime change in Ukraine. this is fact.

a leaked call between two US diplomats revealed all including how the Amercans felt about ruffling feathers in Europe "fuck the EU" were the words used. find it, listen to it, educate yourselves

the government installed were open Nazis, wore insignia, carried flags and worshipped their national hero -a Nazi collaborator.

at the same time as the regime change two provinces in Ukraine declared independence. since then both sides have been shelling each other.

so, for 8 years now the Ukrainian government has been shelling its own people. in the last four years 385 civilians have died. 80% of those civilians were killed by Ukrainian forces

[ when Assad in Syria was accused of such things he was attacked by the US led alliance]

everything Russia has done so far falls well within the parameters of international law.

Yes, unfortunately an authoritarian regime has been in power. Killing off opposition leaders and imprisoning dissidents...Ukraine citizens have been abused since the Bolsheviks...

poet Anonymous

The Soviets did recognize Ukrainians as a separate ethnic nation with their own language and the right to self-determination, which in practice meant they were granted a Ukrainian republic within the Soviet Union. Unlike the Soviets, the Russian tsars saw Ukrainians as part of the Russian nation, representing no more than its “Little Russian tribe,” and their language a mere regional dialect. They also believed that over the centuries the West had attempted time and again to undermine Russo-Ukrainian unity. Putin stands with the trasrists.
For reasons I not going to share in here, I know a small bit about that part of the World. Ideologies, history etc aside, Putin’s current mind set & belligerent personality is a grave problem. His bitterness and resentment is now shining brightly (or darkly). Biden is right about one thing. He seems hell-bent on returning to the old Russian Empire. From a country still stained with the evils of imperialism, I appreciate this is not good for World peace. Ukraine has also flouted the Minsk Agreement repeatedly.  

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012
Forum Posts: 2051

Alas, just the latest reason why Mr P told us why he. invaded.

Then the Nazi spin 8s sent out to your trusted news feeds and you parrot it as if you actually know what you are saying but it turns out the demonized ukrainian leader is actually Jewish.
Prove it?
Well, did you ever put on your Nazi spin before thursday, when putin did?

but what does zelenski say?

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-jewish-president-volodymyr-zelenskiy-how-could-i-be-a-nazi-vladimir-putin-war/

runaway-mindtrain
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 30th July 2017
Forum Posts: 761

lepperochan said:I reckon what's happening in Ukraine is probably the best case scenario.

Killing hundreds does not fall under international law....maybe in leftist world that is true but not in real world politics....but yes democrats that formerly inspired the Nazis in the 30's installed a fascist in Ukraine through their puppet democrat Obama...

Now DUP leftists, please try hard to argue that THAT was Ok because it was Obama in your ongoing support of the slave party in my country.... Please show your reasons to align with the Jim Crows and explain how I am confused about my countries history and present...

poet Anonymous

Leftist? Rightist? Fuckist? Don’t really understand your vernacular. I know a Jim Crow, but guessing the J Crow you reference is not a 75 year old man with a wooden leg. Sweeping stereotypes are slightly dangerous. There is a Louis Theroux documentary about Nicholas Fuentes and I’m not deluded enough to believe he is representative of the American right (not his political views, but the implicit ignorance, sexism, misogyny, solipsism of the U.S of A, racism)

It’s plausible to be apolitical. It’s not all 2 distinct shades. We are all political animals by nature, be it in relationships, marriage, work place, communities, friendships etc. I am Welsh first & British second. You could never, ever understand. How could you? I have limited knowledge (or interest) in American politics, so there is no point in any discourse.

Noble_Incubus
Thought Provoker
Australia 3awards
Joined 28th Jan 2016
Forum Posts: 235

So now you want to debate the “leftists” while being “anonymous”. Seriously?!?!? 🙄

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14461

runaway-mindtrain said:

Killing hundreds does not fall under international law....

see, that's what the people of Bosina, and the peoples of Iraq, Afganistan, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Palestine, all thought too (to name but a few) and of course the many hundreds of civilians  killed by Ukraine government forces in the past 8 years. but sadly they were all wrong

but hey, blame communism.

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

REUTERS-  spokesperson for the California Public Employees’ Retirement System, which manages the largest U.S. public pension fund, said late on Thursday that the fund had around $900 million of exposure to Russia but no Russian debt.

The CalPERS spokesperson did not elaborate on the breakdown of the Russian assets and declined to comment on potential plans to trim those allocations

CALPERS/CALSTRS  hasn't changed much over the years their investments have always raised a few eyebrows
I retired In 2012 and haven't paid much attention to the elections within that kingdom still this comes as no surprise.
Hopefully this won't be as devastating as when money was pulled out of the tobacco industry and put it into real estate.

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

Valeriyabeyond
Dhyana
Dangerous Mind
3awards
Joined 3rd May 2020
Forum Posts: 2668

Medievil kings often went to war and caught at the front lines.
These are different times we live in people think differently
Maybe he did it for the media maybe strength for the people I don't know
Thanks for sharing

rabbitquest
Dangerous Mind
Ukraine 2awards
Joined 20th May 2012

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards