Go to page:

The Politics Place

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Ok folks , here it is:  your one stop shopping place for multi-topic political and social issues .

Rules--only one:
1.  Keep your tempers and personal grudges, in check .

--Discuss any political topic you want
--Discuss any social topic you want
-- Discuss other forum threads, here, if you want
--Post links if you want, or don't post 'em if you don't want to
--All opinions welcome
--The report button will be ignored for the following reasons :
   A.  Derailing the thread-- there is no one topic
   B.  A topic offends you --too bad, go to another thread or put on your big kid pants and discuss civilly.
---The report button will be honored for spam, personal attacks or catfishing/baiting.


So have at it, everyone -- dump it all here so all the other threads can be kept as tidy as necessary within their opening posts.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

never mind; I misread something.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

I'll toss up a topic:  current Covid Lockdowns vs. Unlocking  .

Some states here in the USA are lifting many and in some cases , all restrictions or at least making them voluntary, and other states and places in the world, are still under full lockdown.


What does everyone think about that?
1. Yay--reopening !
2. Nope-- stay under mask and key!
3.  This whole virus business has been real but politicized beyond comprehension.

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2236

... Iím really confused by this thread.

Weíre solving the politics forum over-run by adding yet another politics thread to create possibly more friction that people had already had a gut-full of?

I just donít get it 🤷‍♀️

(Genuine query. Not a dig.)

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Northern_Soul said:... Iím really confused by this thread.

Weíre solving the politics over-run by adding yet another politics thread to create possibly more friction that people had already had a gut-full of?

I just donít get it 🤷‍♀️

(Genuine query. Not a dig.)



My thought was to keep most of it and future topics, all in one place as opposed to starting a new thread for every single individual topic, to avoid turning the speakeasy forum into a primarily political forum which it seems to be of late.

I like the idea of a separate forum all together for politics , but that requires site programming on the webmiss' part, so until when or if that can happen, maybe we can toss it all here for now.

Also, some members feel they are being ganged up on, silenced and canceled , in some threads, so this is a place to not have that happen.

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

There are only two members out of this entire site that are constantly interjecting discord. Two. And you know who they are. And because of two members . . .two. .  .you're going to force EVERYONE to participate in the same area without a choice not to if they want to intellectually discuss politics elsewhere?

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2236

@ML

Thank you for clarifying, I appreciate that.


MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Ahavati said:There are only two members out of this entire site that are constantly interjecting discord. Two. And you know who they are. And because of two members . . .two. .  .you're going to force EVERYONE to participate in the same area without a choice not to if they want to intellectually discuss politics elsewhere?




And where does it say "forced" in my opening post??

Everyone has a choice to participate in any thread they want-- I just thought it might be a nice casual place to chat about things without having to have every single post, adhere to rigid thread guidelines , be precisely on topic and Proven true or false .

This thread doesn't mean that no one can start other threads, but rather to be an ongoing commentary on the political and social topics in. general or an aside to any of the other threads .

I'm well aware of the 2 members who you feel are gnats, buzzing around your threads, so maybe they'd like to participate here instead, along with anyone else who would like to join in?

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

MadameLavender said:

[quote-525585-MadameLavender]

And where does it say "forced" in my opening post??

Everyone has a choice to participate in any thread they want-- I just thought it might be a nice casual place to chat about things without having to have every single post, adhere to rigid thread guidelines , be precisely on topic and Proven true or false .

This thread doesn't mean that no one can start other threads, but rather to be an ongoing commentary on the political and social topics in. general or an aside to any of the other threads .

I'm well aware of the 2 members who you feel are gnats, buzzing around your threads, so maybe they'd like to participate here instead, along with anyone else who would like to join in?
[/quote]

I would consider words like 'one stop' and statements such as a place to keep most of it and future topics, all in one place as opposed to starting a new thread for every single individual topic, to avoid turning the speakeasy forum into a primarily political forum which it seems to be of late pretty much on the mandatory side of things.

Only ONE member here has roughly 13 or so active political threads on this board that she repeatedly starts ( or bumps ) up in the speakeasy. ONE. But instead of limiting threads ( which would solve it all ) and addressing volatile, off topic posts ( such as those Johnny pointed out to you in the thread you locked ), you start this thread so the ONE or TWO members in question don't feel cancelled out.

Gotcha.

Happy to know it's not forced, because I have no desire to attempt a discussion with volatile individuals who cannot control their temper.


Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2236

MadameLavender said:I'll toss up a topic:  current Covid Lockdowns vs. Unlocking  .

Some states here in the USA are lifting many and in some cases , all restrictions or at least making them voluntary, and other states and places in the world, are still under full lockdown.


What does everyone think about that?
1. Yay--reopening !
2. Nope-- stay under mask and key!
3.  This whole virus business has been real but politicized beyond comprehension.


The U.K. has spent 8 of the last 12 months in lockdowns. Being on the vulnerable list, I must admit there is a certain security in knowing that the numbers are going down because of the lockdowns.

I find it interesting when looking at other countries and their reactions to this whole thing. Many Americans Iíve spoken to (some, not all) think that our lockdown is too harsh and infringes our rights somehow.

The masks and the lockdowns make me feel better. Because I know we are actively doing something to beat this thing. I always find it interesting that so many people are opposed to it.

Yes itís hard, and I havenít seen my family in 14 months now, but Iím quite keen on staying alive. Perhaps thatís just the blasť British way of dealing with things, or maybe we are just good at coming together in a crisis.

I can only speak for this country.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Ahavati said:

I would consider words like 'one stop' and statements such as a place to keep most of it and future topics, all in one place as opposed to starting a new thread for every single individual topic, to avoid turning the speakeasy forum into a primarily political forum which it seems to be of late pretty much on the mandatory side of things.

Only ONE member here has roughly 13 or so active political threads on this board that she repeatedly starts ( or bumps ) up in the speakeasy. ONE. But instead of limiting threads ( which would solve it all ) and addressing volatile, off topic posts ( such as those Johnny pointed out to you in the thread you locked ), you start this thread so the ONE or TWO members in question don't feel cancelled out.

Gotcha.

Happy to know it's not forced, because I have no desire to attempt a discussion with volatile individuals who cannot control their temper.



Interpret it how you want, and you, too, can choose to participate here or go back to your own threads.  

Always have to find a demon behind every bush , don't you?  

Ahavati
Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States
107awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 10830

MadameLavender said:

Interpret it how you want, and you, too, can choose to participate here or go back to your own threads.  

Always have to find a demon behind every bush , don't you?  


Interpret how you want. I consider it the truth being hidden behind the bush I am exposing. Nothing I have said is untrue. Hell, it's in plain sight. Everyone has seen the REPEATED actions of these TWO members.

But let's not address the elephant/s in the room. Let's just knock the walls out to make more room.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Northern_Soul said:

The U.K. has spent 8 of the last 12 months in lockdowns. Being on the vulnerable list, I must admit there is a certain security in knowing that the numbers are going down because of the lockdowns.

I find it interesting when looking at other countries and their reactions to this whole thing. Many Americans Iíve spoken to (some, not all) think that our lockdown is too harsh and infringes our rights somehow.

The masks and the lockdowns make me feel better. Because I know we are actively doing something to beat this thing. I always find it interesting that so many people are opposed to it.

Yes itís hard, and I havenít seen my family in 14 months now, but Iím quite keen on staying alive. Perhaps thatís just the blasť British way of dealing with things, or maybe we are just good at coming together in a crisis.

I can only speak for this country.


It's been a weird year-- I'm not sure where I stand yet on lifting mask restrictions -- I think we need to remain prudent but open up the economy already. Keep the masks for awhile but there's no reason why businesses shouldn't be able to open up to more near full capacity.  Just be smart about it  

Northern_Soul
Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Dangerous Mind
Korea, North
10awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 2236

MadameLavender said:

It's been a weird year-- I'm not sure where I stand yet on lifting mask restrictions -- I think we need to remain prudent but open up the economy already. Keep the masks for awhile but there's no reason why businesses shouldn't be able to open up to more near full capacity.  Just be smart about it  


We have a ďroadmap out of lockdownĒ to open the economy now which spreads to June 21st, however mask restrictions will still probably be in place for much longer. To be honest, if it means I can go back to work (Iíve worked 2 months out of the last year) Iíll take the mask situation.

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
78awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5366

Northern_Soul said:

We have a ďroadmap out of lockdownĒ to open the economy now which spreads to June 21st, however mask restrictions will still probably be in place for much longer. To be honest, if it means I can go back to work (Iíve worked 2 months out of the last year) Iíll take the mask situation.


I find myself applauding Texas, in saying "screw this, police yourselves "-- it will be interesting to watch how the pandemic continues to play out with that mindset

Personally , I'm just glad that the bank where I have my accounts , is opening the lobby on Monday -- sort of sick of sitting in the drive up line for 45 min, to make a deposit !

Go to page:
Go to: