Go to page:

Please Vote

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:

I have no idea what would work at this point! It's almost become a fixture here!  But, yes, your suggestion does have merit!

I am still envisioning a big stick under it and everyone jumping on it to dislodge it!

I blame Josh for having put in SO many entries.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 120awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16066

lepperochan said:I stand correctified 😎

So do I! I was thinking of our private message conversation where he asked me if I thought it was a good idea to mimic the classics except with DU Poets!  Thus the term, Doppelganger!  That's the same day I cross-posted the Avatars Amuck comp.  

I think "write" a poem means, well, write a new poem; however, what would help in the future is if new or old writes were clarified.  

At least it's been resolved now! Jumping on the stick worked!

JohnnyBlaze said:

I blame Josh for having put in SO many entries.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5679

lepperochan said:One idea might have been to put forward only the submissions which adhered to the rules...

That would be up to us as mods, to go through the thread and nix anything that didn't adhere to the rules, hence giving less for the voters, to have to read.  But yeah--agree with that.

Also, maybe we could set a cut off limit for entries vs going to vote--say maybe 20.  Any comps with more than 20 entries, aren't eligible for voting, but then too, if the host truly abandoned it and has no intentions of assigning a winner, then the comp is sort of stuck without being finalized and everyone's time got wasted, who wrote for it.  

Or maybe send them to vote anyway, the ones who's host has blown them off, and take away the comp-starting function of that host so they can't start anymore, if that's the way they're going to handle them.

Or maybe some Miralax.  If we feed the Poem Worm some Miralax, maybe he'll get the DUP plumbing moving along nicely, with a few winners, pooped out?  A good colon cleanse is a great feeling, at times, and healthy, too. ...

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bumping this old thread with a request for some votes needed in the competitions in voting status.

We have 5 that have been stuck for a while and need to clear space to get another into voting , so if anyone has time, please cast a vote in the present comps to help close them up and get a winner declared.

Thanks for your help !

poet Anonymous

☝️ done 🙂

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1392

hello!

can you all please take a few moments to go and vote in the April Spoken Word of the Month? I'd love to get it cleared off the competition board to make room for other comps that need to be voted on.

thanks!!!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

hello!

can you all please take a few moments to go and vote in the May Spoken Word of the Month? I'd love to get it cleared off the competition board to make room for other comps that need to be voted on.

thanks!!!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bumping this thread-- can every one take a moment to vote in the voting competitions?

We have more to send to vote and need to clear space for them.  

Also if someone could put a post in this comp-- anything is fine because I'll be hiding what you post.   We need to send this comp to vote once we have an open space but this one is hung up because all comps need at least 3 different members to post in the thread, aside from the host, before the website configuration will allow a vote and/or trophy to happen.  Weird, yes, but that's the way it is.  I already posted a few random punctuation marks & hid my own post, so if a couple more people could do the same, I can hide your posts & the comp will be able to trigger the vote process.

Thanks so much everyone !

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/competitions/read/11934/#537449

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

All set with the comp-- thanks Rabbitquest!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Please vote in the voting comps, if you haven't already-- we have one more that needs to go to vote but need to clear a spot for it.  Thanks!

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017

Hello, pals! Can we get some votes in the competitions that need public voting? I can't start the next Spoken word competition until the June one is finished. It's still in the voting stage. Thanks!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bump!  

Enema needed,  we're clogged again on the voting comps....

Please take a moment to vote in the competitions that are in public vote status-- we have it least 2 more that we need to get in there, but must clear some room

Thanks so much , lovely people !

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bumping this thread again, with a request to vote in the public vote comps, if you haven't already .  We're full again & need to make room for 2 more comps to go to vote.

Thanks so much !

Strangeways_Rob
Fire of Insight
Wales 11awards
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 454

Can I make a suggestion? How about all hosts have to judge their own competitions? For me, that would be more impactful and worthy.

poet Anonymous

Strangeways_Rob said:Can I make a suggestion? How about all hosts have to judge their own competitions? For me, that would be more impactful and worthy.

☝️ This.

(With the exception of poem / spoken word / new member monthly comps.)

Go to page:
Go to: