Go to page:

Please Vote

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5598

Strangeways_Rob said:Can I make a suggestion? How about all hosts have to judge their own competitions? For me, that would be more impactful and worthy.

That's my own preference too, and I agree with Missy on the exception being the ones where we nominate poems & authors.

We do need the vote option , regardless though, primarily for the comps that get abandoned, host goes MIA.  People gave their time & effort to write an entry, so there has to be a way to assign a winner if the host bails, and the vote is it.

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 825

I find the judging much  more objective on the "All poetry" site together with personal credits and critique from Kevin the principal. All the contests are judged by the setters. A refreshing change from the institutional rules of the DU. Sad to say I is now my preferred platform

poet Anonymous

Can my entry in the Let Me In Musically comp please be scrubbed. I care little for winning owt, but if the host can't be @rsed to hang around, then why should other DU members be prepared to do their job. Diolch. Rob

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 32awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 5670

@Rob

Can you just delete the poem on your account? It normally removes it from the contest if it’s linked, but I might be wrong 🤷‍♀️

poet Anonymous

^ Quite happy for the scribble to remain amongst my tatty poems NS. Just don't want it to be considered as an entry in the comp. It would be a good compromise if the host had to stipulate whether they would be judging themselves.  

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Strangeways_Rob said:^ Quite happy for the scribble to remain amongst my tatty poems NS. Just don't want it to be considered as an entry in the comp. It would be a good compromise if the host had to stipulate whether they would be judging themselves.  

I Can't delete it now that the Comp is in vote status-- can't see which one is yours .

If you haven't deleted it yet from your page , might be best to leave it, in case there were votes for it already-- not sure what it does to the rest of the entries as far as vote tally, when something is removed.

poet Anonymous

Tis ok. I'll just roll with it - as Oasis sang. I making bit of fuss over nothing really. Unlike me. Life can sometimes suffocate I guess.

Eerie
Dangerous Mind
14awards
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 890

Please please stop what you are doing and go vote in the New Member of the Month comp for November!!

And then if you’re feeling rowdy nominate a new poet or two for the December New Member comp! 😁😁

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bump!

Gotta go vote in the comps -- need to make room for one more to squeeze in !

Thanks so much, lovely people 👍

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bump!  

Needs some votes in the comps, if any one has a moment-- another comp waiting for a spot in the voting place

Thanks so much, lovely people !

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Gotta bump this thread-- we need voters!

There's 5 comps in the voting process, and we have at least 2 more that need to go to vote.

If you have time and haven't voted yet, please cast your ballot in the vote comps.  If you've requested a public vote on your comp and don't see it listed yet, please be patient while we try to clear space for more-- can only fit 5 comps at a time in vote status .

Thanks a bunch!

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Thread bump:  Please vote in the comps in vote status if you haven't already.  Couple of them have been stuck for almost 2 months now & won't trigger a winner until who knows when.

Let's close them all up!  

🙂

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 19awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1185

Do they require a certain number of votes to close?

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Wafflenose said:Do they require a certain number of votes to close?

Usually just a majority of votes , but depending on how many each entry is getting, it may be in a tie between 2 or more entries .  We can't see how many votes, each is getting, though.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 87awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bumping this thread again-- please vote in the comps in vote status, If you have a few minutes.  We're full capacity for vote spaces and have more comps waiting in line to get voted on.  Any current comps ending soon, please consider choosing a winner yourself/host, to not add to the backlog.  It might be awhile before we can send more to vote, and it keeps the participants waiting for closure and a winner.  

Thanks so much!

Go to page:
Go to: