Please Vote

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
82awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5425

Strangeways_Rob said:Can I make a suggestion? How about all hosts have to judge their own competitions? For me, that would be more impactful and worthy.

That's my own preference too, and I agree with Missy on the exception being the ones where we nominate poems & authors.

We do need the vote option , regardless though, primarily for the comps that get abandoned, host goes MIA.  People gave their time & effort to write an entry, so there has to be a way to assign a winner if the host bails, and the vote is it.

slipalong
slipalong
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom
33awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 689

I find the judging much  more objective on the "All poetry" site together with personal credits and critique from Kevin the principal. All the contests are judged by the setters. A refreshing change from the institutional rules of the DU. Sad to say I is now my preferred platform

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
5awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 31st Mar 2020
Forum Posts: 168

Can my entry in the Let Me In Musically comp please be scrubbed. I care little for winning owt, but if the host can't be @rsed to hang around, then why should other DU members be prepared to do their job. Diolch. Rob

poet Anonymous

@Rob

Can you just delete the poem on your account? It normally removes it from the contest if it’s linked, but I might be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
Joined 31st Mar 2020

^ Quite happy for the scribble to remain amongst my tatty poems NS. Just don't want it to be considered as an entry in the comp. It would be a good compromise if the host had to stipulate whether they would be judging themselves.  

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Strangeways_Rob said:^ Quite happy for the scribble to remain amongst my tatty poems NS. Just don't want it to be considered as an entry in the comp. It would be a good compromise if the host had to stipulate whether they would be judging themselves.  

I Can't delete it now that the Comp is in vote status-- can't see which one is yours .

If you haven't deleted it yet from your page , might be best to leave it, in case there were votes for it already-- not sure what it does to the rest of the entries as far as vote tally, when something is removed.

Strangeways_Rob
Strangeways_Rob
Thought Provoker
Wales
Joined 31st Mar 2020

Tis ok. I'll just roll with it - as Oasis sang. I making bit of fuss over nothing really. Unlike me. Life can sometimes suffocate I guess.

Eerie
Eerie
Dangerous Mind
12awards   profile   poems   message
Joined 29th July 2018
Forum Posts: 636

Please please stop what you are doing and go vote in the New Member of the Month comp for November!!

And then if you’re feeling rowdy nominate a new poet or two for the December New Member comp! 😁😁

MadameLavender
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States
Joined 17th Feb 2013

Bump!

Gotta go vote in the comps -- need to make room for one more to squeeze in !

Thanks so much, lovely people 👍

Go to page:
Go to: