Forum Posts: 14658

. . .

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Ahavati said:. . .

As inspiring as that image is, there's a joke somewhere to be made about seeing Uranus . . .

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

JohnnyBlaze said:

As inspiring as that image is, there's a joke somewhere to be made about seeing Uranus . . .

LOL!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Water reflections.🌊☀

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:Water reflections.🌊☀

I feel like I'm on bobbing around on a raft in the ocean looking at it. xo

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The banyan tree in Lahaina, in Maui, Hawaii, United States, was planted on April 24, 1873, in Lahaina to mark the 50th anniversary of the arrival of first American Protestant mission. The banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis) known in Hawaiian as paniana, located in the Courthouse Square, which was renamed Banyan Tree Park covering 1.94 acres, is not only the largest in the state but also in the United States.

The tree was a gift from missionaries in India. A mere 8 feet (2.4 m) when planted, it has grown to a height of about 60 feet (18 m) and has rooted into 16 major trunks, apart from the main trunk, with the canopy spread over an area of about 0.66 acres (0.27 ha).

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:The banyan tree in Lahaina, in Maui, Hawaii, United States, was planted on April 24, 1873, in Lahaina to mark the 50th anniversary of the arrival of first American Protestant mission. The banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis) known in Hawaiian as paniana, located in the Courthouse Square, which was renamed Banyan Tree Park covering 1.94 acres, is not only the largest in the state but also in the United States.

The tree was a gift from missionaries in India. A mere 8 feet (2.4 m) when planted, it has grown to a height of about 60 feet (18 m) and has rooted into 16 major trunks, apart from the main trunk, with the canopy spread over an area of about 0.66 acres (0.27 ha).

That photo is just surreal. The tree almost looks alien. And for some reason, it reminds me of Blake's painting "Red Dragon".  

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It is surreal. I love shots like this moon cycle photographed over 28 days at the same place and at the same time. 

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015

Ahavati said:It is surreal. I love shots like this moon cycle photographed over 28 days at the same place and at the same time. 

WHOA! That's mind blowing!

poet Anonymous

Beautiful pics there A. Was there a hint of earth, wind, fire and water in those?
I also did not reply to your last comment to me on here and apologies for that. I do not know Sculthorpe at all, I do not think i have visited that part of the country though i hear that it is very beautiful. ...And yes the energy in those abandoned art pieces, you expressed that feeling perfectly and what I instinctively adore about them.

posting a couple from foggy northern UK

poet Anonymous

second pic

poet Anonymous

last one from today.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Stunning photos, nomoth! Absolutely mesmerizing. Thank you for sharing.

Yes; that part of England is very beautiful. I hope you get to visit one day.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Neptune's Grotto is a stalactite cave near the town of Alghero on the island of Sardinia, Italy. The cave was discovered by local fishermen in the 18th century and has since developed into a popular tourist attraction. The grotto gets its name from the Roman god of the sea.

Go to page:
Go to: