Forum Posts: 14645

. . .

Blackwolf
I.M.Blackwolf
Tyrant of Words
13awards
Joined 31st Mar 2018
Forum Posts: 3572

Now *That* rocks my consciousness , Ahavati !

Thanks for posting that...

Constellations can be very strange ...

And we are seeing such a fraction of their lifecycles...

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

photo by Riki Sustano

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

It's all about your perspective . . .🍁🍂

Rankin Lake, NC.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:It's all about your perspective . . .🍁🍂

Rankin Lake, NC.

That is so stunning Ahavati. I loved that angle, that change of view to see something in a new way. been staring at it uncomfortably for too long...am seeing weird things there lol

Have had about as good a day as I have had since quite a while. Went for a long walk...we are having some serious fog here and on the fields they have placed some Highland cattle so I had to go take some pics of them. will share 3 of them. (slightly filtered just to accentuate the already amazing atmosphere)

Edit: a big belated happy birthday A. I hope you had a great day :)

poet Anonymous

no2

poet Anonymous

last one.

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 890

Rankin Lake, NC.

I love photos like this.  They always make me wonder what other views of things I might be missing.  It’s stunning, A 💜.  

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 17awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 890

nomoth said:last one.

Nomoth this has such a haunting quality to it.  I hate to keep using that word, but it’s almost like it was taken in another world.  I really love your aesthetic; makes me think of dark and mysterious stories full of magical folk 💜.  

poet Anonymous

LunaGreyhawk said:

Nomoth this has such a haunting quality to it.  I hate to keep using that word, but it’s almost like it was taken in another world.  I really love your aesthetic; makes me think of dark and mysterious stories full of magical folk 💜.  

Ha! Thank you so much. I do love those kind of things too.

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

Rankin Lake, NC.

It's Nature's rollercoaster!  Certainly threw me for a loop when I first looked. 😀

JohnnyBlaze
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 20th Mar 2015
Forum Posts: 5573

LunaGreyhawk said:

Yep, it almost looks like a painting.

Nice pics, nomoth. 👍

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thanks, everyone.

nomoth; those images are mythically surreal. Fog/morning mist are akin to a veil of damp skin. I can see these as large, illuminated prints.

poet Anonymous

Ahavati said:Thanks, everyone.

nomoth; those images are mythically surreal. Fog/morning mist are akin to a veil of damp skin. I can see these as large, illuminated prints.

Thank you A and Johnny. I used to collect old prints and paintings found in church basements and garage sales...I have always loved that beaten up, 'naive' other worldliness  of these works of art and I kind of try and emulate that with the photos. Also feel very inspired by other photographers which is always the best motivation.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 116awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

nomoth said:

Thank you A and Johnny. I used to collect old prints and paintings found in church basements and garage sales...I have always loved that beaten up, 'naive' other worldliness  of these works of art and I kind of try and emulate that with the photos. Also feel very inspired by other photographers which is always the best motivation.

The energy of the old and abandoned is phenomenal, nomoth. It's why I love shooting abandoned buildings. You can feel the past energy, both good and bad. If you ever travel to Sculthorpe, visit the RAFB. It's haunting just how much it has decayed in the midst of time. It was once so vibrant, exciting, and filled with life where both American and British lived and interacted as one tribe.

https://aviationtrails.wordpress.com/2015/04/12/raf-sculthorpe-a-relic-of-the-cold-war/

It breaks my heart because some of my fondest memories with my father were there.

Go to page:
Go to: