Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010
Forum Posts: 2329

[quote]le rayon du biscuit said:
[font=Courier New][size=2]

"Your wonderful poem was mercifully short."

Most hysterical comment. That's my vote.

PierreTheMad
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 7th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 2808

I have received two recently that have made my days:

The depth of your poetry is immense and once the script starts your imagination howls every possible minute thing that can be buried in a complex relationship like this. The subject matter is so complicated, highly emotional and at not a single point in the entire script you lose your rhythm. At every explanation of grief and personal emotion the intensity of drama heightens and then what should I do with your rhyming boss? I love Paradise Lost too and I love you. Pierre you are my best. Amazingly deep poetry and I am drowned.  (Anandosen)

man this is like a crystal clear window into the way i think most ppl feel at some point if not several points in there life about to break at the seams curled up on the floor flat out broken stairing at a wall faced with a choice actually im kinda there now and i think im gunna tear it down im glad you put this out there my lights a little brighter because of it  (stepintomywinter)

anandosen
Fire of Insight
India 6awards
Joined 22nd Aug 2009
Forum Posts: 316

Sorry for not commenting on this before. It's minute and lovely like a music box, filled with a wonderful warmth of feeling. Jack Heslop

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010
Forum Posts: 1347

'You, madam, are climbing my list of outstanding poets on this site. originality seeps from your soul.' Really made my day wonderful :)

rayheinrich
Death Plane for Teddy
Tyrant of Words
Canada 32awards
Joined 4th Dec 2009
Forum Posts: 4409

[font=Courier New][size=2]

"Blessed relief:

After wading through an interminable stream of 'dark', overdone, whining
   wordage invariably followed by the fawning gush of florid comments;
   I accidentally came upon this little poem of yours.

After having choked down vast quantities of 'poems' that were the equivalent
   of bottles of high-fructose corn syrup; your poem provided me the comparative
   pleasure of drinking a glass of slightly stale, lukewarm water."

hemihead
hemi
Dangerous Mind
New Zealand 13awards
Joined 1st Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 1749

Marvellous stuff.  You're presence is one of my favorite reasons for coming to DU"

That's just a bloody nice thing for PierreTheMad to say.

notapeot
notapoet
Thought Provoker
United Kingdom 1awards
Joined 9th Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 145

Notapoet, that's brilliance.

Written by Literary Antiquity. For my entry in the Serial killer poem  challenge.

I can't thank her enough.

naijapoeteket
Idiong Divine
Fire of Insight
Nigeria 1awards
Joined 17th Sep 2010
Forum Posts: 837

[quote]notapoet said:
Notapoet, that's brilliance.

Written by Literary Antiquity. For my entry in the Serial killer poem  challenge.

I can't thank her enough.

You are such a character, notapoet.

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

It's honest...It was clever. Everyone's a character Divine Idiong...Enjoy the book.

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010

"Oh, Jestalessa, it's beautiful. Truly stunning. There's nothing else to say, you said exactly what none of us can say and you didn't even say it. I adore this, my favourite poem on this site without question. Sublime."

So sweet and I know I don't deserve it...which is why I'm flaunting it.

<3 - ImperfectedStone

tidalnymph
Kasandra
Thought Provoker
United States 1awards
Joined 13th Nov 2010
Forum Posts: 95

I honestly appreciate and love all of the comments I've gotten, they've helped me in many ways...(thanks guys!)

but this one, (I just got recently) made me speechless--

As always your work is above and beyond what most erotica here hopes to achieve, it's not smut but it's not "arty-farty" either. You're not a wimp about how you feel but you don't have to give everything away, and you don't. You have this stunning way of saying come hither with words and imagery, stunning gift. I thought it was lovely.

Thanks L.A.!

poet Anonymous

Probably this comment from Bill423uk:

"remember my feedback on your paper planes poem?
well this is everything that isn't
this has everything that doesn't.

it's probably one of the best poems I've ever read. possibly one of the best poems you'll ever write.

it feels just so. quirky, down to earth, up in the air. it covers a lot of the woman without actually giving specifics. from your write we can glean so much about her, about the authors projected self. it has light and dark, covers what life and sadness is while at the same time showing her spirit which tries to fly but often fails. i really think you did her justice jack.

the piece is riddled with good lines and void of bad ones. it fits like fingers in a glove. if there were no copyright laws i'd steal it and post it on my blog site.

thanks for my third read of it

you really need to send this off to a few places. it should be published, put on paper ;)"

Jestalessa
Dangerous Mind
Scotland 35awards
Joined 27th July 2010

[quote]Jack Heslop said:
Probably this comment from Bill423uk:

"remember my feedback on your paper planes poem?
well this is everything that isn't
this has everything that doesn't.

it's probably one of the best poems I've ever read. possibly one of the best poems you'll ever write.

it feels just so. quirky, down to earth, up in the air. it covers a lot of the woman without actually giving specifics. from your write we can glean so much about her, about the authors projected self. it has light and dark, covers what life and sadness is while at the same time showing her spirit which tries to fly but often fails. i really think you did her justice jack.

the piece is riddled with good lines and void of bad ones. it fits like fingers in a glove. if there were no copyright laws i'd steal it and post it on my blog site.

thanks for my third read of it

you really need to send this off to a few places. it should be published, put on paper ;)"

I want to read this poem! Where? Which?

ImperfectedStone
The Gardener
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 28awards
Joined 10th Oct 2010

Since others have posted more than one I'm posting my three personal favourites

Cheeky, I know, but it's okay I'm cool enough on a Wednesday and a Sunday...(Oh, it's Thursday...fml)

Anyway, ramble done on we go :-

' Poets I tell ya...
"Oh yes, you are...See, walking away...what did I tell you?"

they find inspiration in everything. [:

"Overdrawn and
cold
and wet."

thank you for being so you! i love this.'
Jestalessa

'"The worn carcass of a studied, quivering beauty."

That single line is more effective than most erotic poems I've read. A stellar performance from a stellar artist.'
Jack Heslop

and finally

'your poems, when you write about the stuff right around you, have a nice feel to them.
your 'big topic' ones don't (and neither do mine most of the time). stay with what you know for now
(there's plenty). the title of this poem with the parenthetical comment is just great.

i was just looking through your stuff, quite a few!
if you want, you could send me the titles of some you really like so i can read them, or not. ' thanks to 'R'

Thank you all :)

RavenofSorrow
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 19th Jan 2011
Forum Posts: 453

(on The Madness Within):

this is extremely beautiful and it took me on a journey through wrteched pain but then a happy ending finding that faith in God.

this is my favourite part 'Now im six feet under

Burried in a dream
My heart is torn asunder
All i wana do is scream
Ah but wait..
Maybe everything isnt what it seems
You see i have this habbit of taking everything to the extreme
When it seems all hope is lost
when i just feel like dying

It has the most imagery in my opinion :)... anywho great poem. looking forward to reading more

Sincerely
xDementedDamselx

Go to page:
Go to: