Go to page:

Why do you read poetry?

mysteriouslady
Tyrant of Words
United States 15awards
Joined 11th Aug 2012
Forum Posts: 2485

Poetry for me to read is a gift. I appreciate everyones talents and I can relate to tons....<3

superslooth
Lost Thinker
United States 1awards
Joined 11th Apr 2023
Forum Posts: 7

robert43041 said:People pour their souls out there........with facts or fiction and all in a nutshell.  Poets do not waste words............

I love that. "poets do not waste words".

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1805

superslooth said:

I love that. "poets do not waste words".

... but sometimes poets need to 'lay waste' to words in order to communicate depth of feeling

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1391

I read and write poetry to help process the whole of the human experience.

Hiddena
Amy D Patterson
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 5th Nov 2023
Forum Posts: 10

I read poetry because of the great poets, they are heroes for me

Lilliputian
Strange Creature
Joined 16th Feb 2024
Forum Posts: 3

i love how it can paint emotions with words.

JohnyElloy
Strange Creature
Joined 18th May 2024
Forum Posts: 2

I love the discussion on poetry forms and styles here. It's fascinating how different structures can evoke varied emotions. On another note, if anyone is juggling writing with other commitments, you might find services to buy nursing essays helpful https://www.nursingpaper.com/ They can provide some breathing room for your creative projects

jameswilliamson
James Williamson
Strange Creature
India
Joined 28th May 2024
Forum Posts: 1

Reading poetry offers a profound connection to emotions, ideas, and the beauty of language. It provides a unique perspective on life and enhances critical thinking and creativity. For those diving deep into literary analysis, MyAssignment.Live offers exceptional thesis writing services, helping you explore and articulate the intricate themes and nuances of poetry with scholarly precision and insight.
Visit here: myassignment.live/thesis/

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 79

Look, Poetry grabbed me by the nape of my neck and dragged me into the bushes and pretty well had her way with me back when I was a kid in reform school, age 16. I found a number of poems so magical that little by little they became a part of me, memorized, repeated to myself as I hitchhiked back and forth across the country. e e cummings; frost; t.s. eliot; shelley; keats; a bit of Tennyson; ginsberg, darling Frank O'Hara. The list just keeps on a-goin'.

I read bc every now and then the poet says something which is so acutely on the effing mark that it enters into my dna and I take it with me forever more. And that includes a few poets I've found here. Think: Betty; Northern_Soul; Alviola; Wolfman. (And a number of others.)

I read to engage with the magic, with the primeval, the original grunts and groans and yowls and howls that first began to celebrate the paleolithic in art and utterance.

I mean...DUH. Why else would I spend so much of my time doing this if it weren't a really good substitute for sex? Hmmm?

I am something like four months shy of 80, btw, so my time draws nigh. Gotta fill it with beauty and magic.

That make any kind of sense to y'all?

carolsmith0322
carol smith
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 14th June 2024
Forum Posts: 1

If you've had the chance to try Hash Burger, I'd love to hear about your experience. How would you describe its taste and aroma? What kind of effects did you notice—did it leave you feeling relaxed, euphoric, or something else? Also, how does it compare to other strains you've tried in terms of potency and overall experience? Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

LiamReeduus
LiamReedus
Fire of Insight
Ireland 7awards
Joined 11th Apr 2019
Forum Posts: 31

Hash burger?

Go to page:
Go to: