Go to page:

Love At First Sight?

girlygirl
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 14th June 2012
Forum Posts: 5

Yes I believe in love at first site. Dated a man for 5 years that I loved from the moment I saw him.

MsRockyJackson
Dangerous Mind
United States 8awards
Joined 1st July 2014
Forum Posts: 318

I don't, I believe it is impossible to fall in love with someone right at first sight.
I think you should really get to know someone before you fall in love since it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do when trying to start a relationship and besides if you just fell in love with them by looking at them you are pretty much setting yourself up for failure. I've never fallen in love at first sight I've always gotten to know a person first before falling in love.

fake_reality
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 12th June 2012
Forum Posts: 1028

Well I belive you eather love or hate Jesus at frist sight

forgodsake
Twisted Dreamer
United States
Joined 12th May 2013
Forum Posts: 23

i felt my heartbeat behind my eyes
i forgot to breathe and hold inside
all things i never tell
i forgot to be cool and certainly forgot to lie

seeing her have fun was not fun
she made me laugh,
like a bad comedian with a shotgun

but this wasn't the first time i saw her..
it was the first time i saw her eyes in
the daylight, i couldn't make like i
didn't see her, i wanted to run
but something like gravity never even let me once

like a moth to blue light,
like a candle to moonlight,
her smile was too bright,
this feeling was too nice.
two kites, tangled in an electrical storm,
stars sparkle like spangles
from the fire they were thrown.
and we toss and turn in several words
tangled in each other's strings
the white walls of this stranger's home
all together sing...

and the storm rages on
and the swarm races on
and the sword made in her gaze
blazes, furiously drawn
born mercilessly flawed
she's blowing bubbles
in the concrete of my walls..
I'm curiously drawn
i work against the current
but the water is too strong
she's makin fools of everyone
and all of us can see it,
i am subdivided and supplanted;
conquered by the demons
i is we and us is i,
undoing is her grace
my mind is in a deadly pool
thats swirling toward the drain
she takes a step real close to me
i try to seem okay
she flashes giant eyes like burning
stones in heaven's gates
i try to look away by I am
snatched up by my throat,
my breath is short and so is time
my heart beats hard and slow
i can no longer hold myself
she is the raging tide,
i consent to my own murder
to consent is to comply..
our eyes are finally shut and
our lips become the target
i reached for both her cheeks
and made myself a brand new harness
we finally catch each other and the fireworks begin
i never knew that kiss would lead me
a death inside my skin...

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

It depends how you define 'love' as the word is much defined and sometimes misunderstood. What is confused with love but not really is - a strong sex drive, a hunger for approval, a fear of being unwanted or lonely. I have been ATTRACTED at first sight but despite its intensity I took it very slowly (I gave up when it transpired she was already spoken for but we still have friendly chats on occasion.)

anungxxx
Strange Creature
Joined 26th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 6

Me I don't believe.  I believe in " Infatuation at first sight ".

rainbowoni
Strange Creature
Joined 2nd Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 11

Love in first site does exist.

There are different levels of attraction though:

Lust
You can feel this attraction for anyone really, rather quick too. It could even be someone you truly dislike or "hate". It's apart of the instinctual aspect. It's in your blood, hard wired in your mind to find someone attractive. Her breast are so round and touchable, he's butt is so neatly slim.

Platonic
This type of attraction is mostly associated with friends or family. You care about the person's health and possibly connect with the on an emotional level. You don't necessarily feel lust for them but just care about them. You can feel this way for either sex.

The "Love"
A combination of both emotional and physical attraction. You want to make babies and live a life with this person. Or just.. live your life with them! You and this person can have a very in depth emotional bond, greater then platonic. You treat this person as if you'll treat yourself. They mean as much to you as much as you value yourself. You cannot feel this way for more then one person, as said so many freaking times; love is a narrow path.

Can you feel The "Love" for someone you just met? Yes of course, your subconscious already filled out the list for you.

Toast
Twisted Dreamer
New Zealand
Joined 16th Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 51

I don't believe in much, but I do believe in love at first sight. :)

Solomon_Song
Tyrant of Words
United Kingdom 103awards
Joined 28th Sep 2012
Forum Posts: 332

rainbowoni said:Love in first site does exist.

There are different levels of attraction though:

Lust
You can feel this attraction for anyone really, rather quick too. It could even be someone you truly dislike or "hate". It's apart of the instinctual aspect. It's in your blood, hard wired in your mind to find someone attractive. Her breast are so round and touchable, he's butt is so neatly slim.

Platonic
This type of attraction is mostly associated with friends or family. You care about the person's health and possibly connect with the on an emotional level. You don't necessarily feel lust for them but just care about them. You can feel this way for either sex.

The "Love"
A combination of both emotional and physical attraction. You want to make babies and live a life with this person. Or just.. live your life with them! You and this person can have a very in depth emotional bond, greater then platonic. You treat this person as if you'll treat yourself. They mean as much to you as much as you value yourself. You cannot feel this way for more then one person, as said so many freaking times; love is a narrow path.

Can you feel The "Love" for someone you just met? Yes of course, your subconscious already filled out the list for you.

I think you have summed it up well.

RainC_Tara
rain1courtel
Fire of Insight
United States 6awards
Joined 1st Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 59

Well I for one fell in love at first sight with that strawberry cheesecake with the whip cream topping at the Brookshire’s deli on Sat. So…..anything is possible.

Shadlock
Strange Creature
Joined 10th Apr 2016
Forum Posts: 3

There's a difference between love and attraction. I suppose it can be difficult to differentiate between them. We have to learn to love, it's not an instant thing; some people love after days, others might take years to allow themselves exposure to that kind of vulnerability.

OxyMoronicMe
G.L.
Dangerous Mind
Philippines 24awards
Joined 15th Feb 2016
Forum Posts: 1470

Instant desire and attraction maybe, love is far too strong to be felt at first sight.

wishfulthinking
Lost Thinker
United States
Joined 8th July 2016
Forum Posts: 10

This is a illusion in my opinion, I believe in lust at first sight but not love.I feel as though it is impossible to love someone you don't know.

Go to page:
Go to: