Right or wrong

zinnzinn
ZINNNNIZ
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 12th July 2013
Forum Posts: 31

Poetry Contest

Give your perspective on the war in Ukraine. Do you agree, disagree or feel otherwise.
As many words , any style, no restrictions.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018
Forum Posts: 1486

Dedicated In Sorrow To The Citizens Of Ukraine

SweetKittyCat5
Go To Page  

I have seen this war festering many moons ago. Ukraine had been part of the Russian empire and was also part of the Soviet Union.  

But in 1991 it became independent after the collapse of the USSR and there have been tensions between Russia and Ukraine ever since

Mini-Production Brought To You  
By  
Another K Production

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021
Forum Posts: 165

I should know better....  but fuckit.

As a prior long-term soldier, my desire is to fight for Ukraine.  Mainly because for decades, Russia has been deemed a bully.  
But the older, rational me realizes also that Russia is being choked off, by NATO, and it feels like a cornered dog.  And it's a pretty big dog.
Ukraine is saying, but why us, now?  Anyone who is reading up on the why, how come's, etc, already knows the background and recent decisions made by Russia.  

It sucks, yes, but the USA has absolutely no business getting too far involved, troop wise.  Russia would lose to NATO, even with China joining them.  There is zero doubt.   They'd have superior numbers initially, but numbers are also easy targets.   This isn't WW2.  Our technology is insanely superior.  China ain't bad, but it's logistics suck, same as Russia.
We would decimate both countries armies, with the rest of NATO's help obviously.
 Additionally, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan, would become absolute messes.  Because yeah, China.  

And, Russia/China would definitely use small nukes to try to stem their losses eventually.  Which in turn NATO would retaliate accordingly.  And then the nukes get bigger...  
Don't forget India/Pakistan.  They hate each other, but both lean Russia's way. (Yes, India's government does).  If the shit hits the fan in a massive way, Russia may call in India to repay the 1000 favors Russia has done for it.   India and Pakistan have nukes.  And a lot of soldiers.  
   Russia didn't expect such a humongous degree of backlash from "the world".   And it didn't expect the Ukrainians to be so tenacious either.  So this all will hopefully work out less damaging than total takeover.  We can hope.  
But, so far the approach taken by NATO is the correct approach.   To commit troops would be nuclear war ultimately.  Putin won't quit if we join the fight.   He's too proud.  

It sucks that some battles have to be lost, or not. But there's other ways to construct a war.  
Lastly, wait to see if the Russian people themselves decide enough is enough.  Hopefully sooner than later.  Common folk do not follow politics or agendas.  They follow food.
When you're absolutely starving, and your family is starving, you'll literally do anything.

Russia just may implode.  A new Russia will perhaps be more modern and civil.  

Then again, USA is modern and civil, and we sure fuck up a lot too.

zinnzinn
ZINNNNIZ
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 12th July 2013

Very well said. I appreciate your entry. You're very knowledgeable concerning foreign affairs with a very clear understanding with what's going on and with what's not going on and why. Informative and insightful. Again. Very well said.
You should run for office.

zinnzinn
ZINNNNIZ
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 12th July 2013

Thanks again for your entry, and very much thanks for your service and bravery and for all you've done in by doing your part in serving this great country. May God bless you and yours.

zinnzinn
ZINNNNIZ
Thought Provoker
United States 2awards
Joined 12th July 2013

I didn't have as much participation as I had hoped but nevertheless you did and  I am very grateful. It was a entry from the heart I believe and for that I thank you so very much. May God bless you and yours and may God be with the victims of this senseless war. Glory to Ukraine

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018

Congratulations to Styxian on such a rewarding win. Your entry was a phenomenal insight in regards to war. and the unfair injustice it hammers to a country and the innocent casualties it renders upon it's citizens

I would like to thank the host. Zinnzinn for this competition and the awareness in general

Cheers🍷
SKC

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021

I didn't even notice it was a "competition", until I saw your reply, SKC.  I just saw the header that day and felt like adding my 27 cents.  Lol.

Zinnzinn, ironically this screen name you are using is very similar to one I use in another website.  Kinda cool.

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018

Styxian said:I didn't even notice it was a "competition", until I saw your reply, SKC.  I just saw the header that day and felt like adding my 27 cents.  Lol.

Zinnzinn, ironically this screen name you are using is very similar to one I use in another website.  Kinda cool.

Well your informative intake on the war between Russia and Ukraine and various surrounding subject matters of interest, was well received and in a matter of speaking, well deserved

Enjoy your evening, my poet

Styxian
Dangerous Mind
United States 15awards
Joined 9th Oct 2021

The beauty of the internet is that it is world-wide.  I don't read much US news.  Because it is very difficult to find unbiased information.  All channels of information seem to lean towards their own agendas.  
Verses away from US, it is more open to the obvious.  

SweetKittyCat5
Tyrant of Words
26awards
Joined 5th Sep 2018

Styxian said:The beauty of the internet is that it is world-wide.  I don't read much US news.  Because it is very difficult to find unbiased information.  All channels of information seem to lean towards their own agendas.  
Verses away from US, it is more open to the obvious.  

I concur with your restraint, every new is not truthful news. In addition, some news broadcasted  from Russia is censored, making it very hard to believe what you hear, versus what your eyes may come to believe or not.. and since this war is escalating... I can only assume, hard times for Ukraine will only intensify, whereas, other countries including the USA will receive its reflux of immigrants.. that is why war never truly settles anything, it only demoralizes one's economy..

On that note, be safe in your travels...

Page:
Go to: