Poetry competition CLOSED 20th January 2018 3:39pm
WINNER
Anonymous
rosette
RUNNER-UP: mel44

Go to page:

Morning Dawns

poet Anonymous

okanna93, Grace and Tori - Thank you so much for joining us here with such fabulous entries! Getting close to the end of the run now. It's going to be a tough one!  :-)

wallyroo92
Tyrant of Words
United States 151awards
Joined 11th July 2012
Forum Posts: 1843

http://img02.lavanguardia.com/2014/04/21/Un-relampago-en-Kalahori-en-Gr_54406009469_51351706917_600_226.jpg

After the Storms

The ominous clouds rolled off into the distance,
Still the thunder
And the lightning shot across the sky,
The shadows of demons with arms extended,
Had tried to reach the ground.

I knelt there, my hands upon the earth,
Terrified and cold, beaten in the mud,
With blood, rain and tears in my eyes,
Breathing shallow,
As if the light had almost strayed away,
Yet I was slowly coming back to life.

But I felt a strength,
A kind of power beyond power like silent fury,
With a determination to rise,
Realizing that after the storm,
All I had to do was look inside.

Somewhere within me,
In the deepest part of my soul,
That small hope survived through it all,
When in the east,
I saw the first rays of the light.

poet Anonymous

Thank you all for taking part in this sharing of uplifted emotion. The liberation from the pain is like taking the first full breath after being submerged in water too long. You each brought a beautiful and inspiring perspective to the group and it was the hardest competition I've ever had to judge.

Congratulations, Missy, for an incredibly beautiful poem. You grabbed me deep in the gut and wrangled the win from me there.

Mel44, you brought a healing to the picture that I hadn't contemplated and it touched me deeply. Thank you for reminding me that not all healing occurs from lost partners. Hearts are broken with any loss. You expressed yours beautifully.

Starlite, you took me to a place I remember in my own life and touched that part of me long healed. You brought it back to life and I breathed through it with you. Thank you for your entry.

Thank you all for bringing such amazing poetry to my competition! You did not make this an easy one to judge!

poet Anonymous

Oh wow! Such an honour amongst such fierce competition. Thank you for hosting such a thought provoking competition, and to all the winners and entrants.

Awesome.  

mel44
Fire of Insight
United Kingdom 10awards
Joined 3rd Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 321

Very honoured by the recognition:) Thank you for hosting this inspiring competition. Well done to all the poets that posted, I can see why it was difficult to judge. Bravo Starlite and Congratulations Miss Sub for the well deserved win. Fantastic ink!  

Go to page:
Go to: