Go to page:

Introduce yourself....

Cognizance
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 30th Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 1

Hello!
I am a sophomore at a university in the United States.
I have been searching for somewhere anonymous to post my "poetry". It doesn't typically rhyme, nor follow any structure at all, hence the quotations.
Though, I still like to consider it poetry.
I just felt like sharing.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 117awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 14839

Welcome to the Deep Side, everyone. We hope you'll find your stay inspirational to your desires as a writer.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

invited! always looking for greener pastures, i guess? i didn't even consider writing poetry seriously until i found some 20 completed poems sitting in my notes. i have a question, though. if you're looking to get published one day (who isn't?) is posting poetry online really advisable? are there, for example, any copyright or dating issues

answers would be much appreciated!

Female_confessions
Thought Provoker
1awards
Joined 25th Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 115

Hi

I was actually introduced to the website by a friend...well I like him more than a friend but he doesn't know that and he doesn't know I've signed up and started writing....I first thought I would start writing he would read it fall for the inner me that he doesn't yet know and we would share a deep and meaningful connection.

Well I've been here about a week... he hasn't read my work but my writes are no longer centred around him  anyway...

In fact I'm no longer interested in him but more in my writing (I know who knew) I feel like the words have always been in my head I just never thought to write them down and now I have I feel great about it! It's like once I write it down my worries melt away!

I have also found comfort in this site knowing I am not alone and not quite as weird as I thought 😁 I have met some great writers on here who I really look upto whom I now consider cyber friends whom I probably respect more than my actual friends.

So Shout out to everyone on this site for sharing their great work, building others up, not judging, but rather inspiring others!

DUP I'm grateful I found you all 💜😘

sekatana
Twisted Dreamer
Joined 20th Nov 2016
Forum Posts: 2

Hi my name is sekatana.I am living in S.A.my frend recomended this site to me after I had shared my love for poetry with her and a poem.I look forward to sharing poems with all  and to interact with all.thanx

TheDarkOne27
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 8th Dec 2016

I am new here and decided to start writing poems. my name is zack

1WrongChoice
Adrian Webb
Strange Creature
United States
Joined 9th Dec 2016

Hey I'm a twenty year something from the united states and a college student,
I made this account for a number of various reasons but for the most part to hone and in a way showcase my "poetry".
It's a process and i really look forward to being apart of the site. i have been aware of it for a couple of years now and always an avid reader but i just now decided to be apart of the great thing i love to observe.

poet Anonymous

Hey everybody
I have been interested in Poetry and writing for a long time but my dyslexia dose make it a bit hard sometimes for me  with spelling and reading but i move on i like to  be as creative as I can to making jewellery to making knives and other things .

poet Anonymous

atelene said:invited! always looking for greener pastures, i guess? i didn't even consider writing poetry seriously until i found some 20 completed poems sitting in my notes. i have a question, though. if you're looking to get published one day (who isn't?) is posting poetry online really advisable? are there, for example, any copyright or dating issues

answers would be much appreciated!

It depends on the publisher but in Us most often the publisher asks for publication rights within the duration of the time the journal or e-format is published and the writer can't publish the poem already published elsewhere til the duration/contract is up. After the time period is over the publication rights revert to the poet and s/he can re-publish that anywhere else. Unfortunately, anything published at this site or any other public site most often is considred as published work.

byseb
Strange Creature
Joined 12th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

Hi, I am Seb. I'm a complete amateur, but I'm a filmmaker and I need help on a project. I hope I can get approved to post here.

byseb
Strange Creature
Joined 12th Dec 2016
Forum Posts: 3

I wasn't able to post this in the workshop category, because I just registered... Can someone help me?

I am a filmmaker working on a short aerial clip that has to be finished tomorrow. The idea was to "find" a poem, but nothing would fit my images. So I've decided to write one and figured out I'm a complete amateur at this and foreign too. So In a desperate effort to get some help from professionals I hope you can give me some suggestions about how to improve this poem and make it "work":

The narration would begin on the title. Unfinished film preview:
vimeo (*dot*) com/195272558
Password: j

Something sparks the city into life.
As it wakes veins made of light fill the planes, pulsing towards the centre.

The hills lie drained and empty.
and the warm glow of dawn goes unnoticed as it touches all the paths.

Like a whisper that drowns in a sea of shouts. A bell rings. It's the echo of a distant call.

The dove sees all the sighs breathed out below as clocks tick the day away.

The shadows of buildings tilt across the concrete. It's a machine of a million parts working in harmony, working in chaos, thirsty for the future.

beautiful and frightening and unknowable. It is woven from ill-defined stories, lives that float everywhere like a blanket of opaque mist.

The veins fill up again. Now they are leaving.
And something puts it all to sleep.

Bloodytearsofsorro
Strange Creature
Joined 15th Dec 2016

Im new here. Maybe we could be friends. Who knows maybe but time can only tell

Unspoken_Ramblings
Strange Creature
Guyana
Joined 15th Dec 2016

Hey there. I can't say how long I've been reading poems on this site, but I just felt this urge to join tonight. Writing has always been an outlet for me and I feel like this site can can help me share my thoughts with like minded individuals while still maintaining my anonymity. I look forward to the ride  

Madintellect
Mike stew
Fire of Insight
Canada 4awards
Joined 29th Mar 2014
Forum Posts: 232

My name is Mike Stewart and I from Canada.

I enjoy writing poetry:

Address me as
your highness then
it's about a minus 10
(in Canada) where we all must come up with a brand new plan
to move on
I'm sick of just barely getting by
I'm not preparing to die
At the wall I stare when I'm high
I don't care if you fry
As long as you don't burn me when your near me
I learned to kick the habit, its your turn to think more clearly
Never mind drink severely
without a question
Don't let depression take control is my suggestion
Good luck with the time your investing

This life's an obstacle course
You can walk through the doors
Or hit corners with a lot of G force
To knock you off your horse
But when you fall you got to get back up
Don't worry when you hit a wall or stall on a hang-up
So hang tough...
Its not so bad
just polish your life
Give it some shine
abolish the strife
Think about what you did and rewind...
And learn from your mistakes
Life is not supposed to be easy
Its like glass with how it breaks
Take a deep breath even though it is wheezy
If you want to grow then say teach me
Don't put on a show to release the
inner demons...
That you have been trying to hide
When your seeming
To have your mind open wide
Try to cope and decide...
If you think you can't do it you can probably not
But if you think it's possible then just give it a shot
Deliver the plot.
You only run out of options when you stop taking them
Go ahead proceed with caution but then awaken when
you stop...
And see a goal you want to accomplish
Take care of yourself this is a time to be selfish

Don't waist your life away playing video games and watching t.v.
Challenge yourself even when you know it won't be easy
Reach for the sky

Go to page:
Go to: