Inspirational Qoutes from people, movies, books and self

fianaturie8
Fia Naturie
Dangerous Mind
United States 3awards
Joined 24th Mar 2024
Forum Posts: 92

"Are you with me, Kira? I was always with you." from Riddick

So if you don't know I love science fiction, fantasy, fiction, poetry, and some autobiography.

So this scene when she was dying and he asked that question, hit me in a way that even though I may not be physically there. I am with you. (No I am not leaving)
I'm that person if you have not seen me in a while it's like I just saw you yesterday. Like time never passed.
Anyway, this is just me thinking about the meanings of lines and quotes.
These is just free-flowing thoughts

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15222

“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”

– Sonmi-451, Cloud Atlas

Sonmi-451 was a type of synthetically created human clone known as a "fabricant", who worked as a dinery server at a restaurant called Papa Song's. She has limited sentience, but her ability to think improves as she learns more about the world. Upon her temporary rescue, she becomes as smart as any "pureblood" human through exposure to the great philosophers and world leaders. She falls in love, experiences sex, and realizes that her emotions and consciousness are that of a human.

During her brief freedom, she is shocked to learn that the "pureblood" humans "recycle" fabricants after a designated amount of time to feed to other fabricants to sustain the workforce. After this revelation, Sonmi vows to assist the resistance ( who are trying to free synthetic fabricants ).

The quote is from her broadcast before she was captured and *excised* after an interview with a historian, who ended up believing her ability to think and feel as a human. This in turn changed the future.

fianaturie8
Fia Naturie
Dangerous Mind
United States 3awards
Joined 24th Mar 2024
Forum Posts: 92

"Know who you are" Moana and "Know your Worth" Joy Luck Club

We reinvent ourselves numerous times in our lives, but you should never lose who you are. Know your worth. You are worthy to be loved in all your variations. Do you love yourself or is that the goal we are striving to do?

RyanBlackborough
Surprise guest
Lost Thinker
Australia
Joined 11th June 2024
Forum Posts: 8

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather."  
Bill Hicks.

"The nature of those who seek power is not to serve but to serve themselves."
Me.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15222

fianaturie8 said:"Know who you are" Moana and "Know your Worth" Joy Luck Club [ . . . ]

Loved that movie. <3

“People pontificate, "Suicide is selfishness." Career churchmen like Pater go a step further and call in a cowardly assault on the living. Oafs argue this specious line for varying reason: to evade fingers of blame, to impress one's audience with one's mental fiber, to vent anger, or just because one lacks the necessary suffering to sympathize. Cowardice is nothing to do with it - suicide takes considerable courage. Japanese have the right idea. No, what's selfish is to demand another to endure an intolerable existence, just to spare families, friends, and enemies a bit of soul-searching.”

~ David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Page:
Go to: