Go to page:

things you've made

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 919

I remember learning to finger-crochet at that age, using thick yarn.  It’s a good age to introduce it.  

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1815

LunaGreyhawk said:I remember learning to finger-crochet at that age, using thick yarn.  It’s a good age to introduce it.  

Thank you.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16172

LunaGreyhawk said:Some tarot bags I crocheted over the past week or so 💜

Love those and may be custom ordering some for Christmas gifts! I've already got 3 oracle decks in the box, oh, and some amazing bookmarks some extremely gifted friend made for me!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Sir Edmund Hilary, why did you climb Mount Everest?
Because it was there

Josh, why did you build this geodesic dome green-house?
Because it wasn't there ... but it damn well is now!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019

That’s incredible, Josh!  Wow.  

What are you planning to plant in it?

Here’s another tarot bag I made…I really love this one!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Like all great projects, over time and over budget ... 450m of 'T'-bar metal, 3,250+ screws, 750+ nuts-bolts-washers, c.5,000 holes drilled in various bits of metal and wood, 45 planks of wood cut into 1,000 pieces of wood to make 330 triangular windows, 150 sq metres of polycarbonate for the windows, burnt out 70 angle-grinder discs, several drills, used up 25 tubes of silicon window sealant ... plus 700 hours work
... finished just in time for NaPo 2023

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

LunaGreyhawk said:That’s incredible, Josh!  Wow.  

What are you planning to plant in it?

Here’s another tarot bag I made…I really love this one!

Really nice colours there - and some complex crocheting I guess.

The dome-greenhouse ... planning to plant avacado trees, maracujas, sweet potatoes ... so far ... but busy pruning olive trees currently while the moon is waning. I can't wait another month.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:Like all great projects, over time and over budget ... 450m of 'T'-bar metal, 3,250+ screws, 750+ nuts-bolts-washers, c.5,000 holes drilled in various bits of metal and wood, 45 planks of wood cut into 1,000 pieces of wood to make 330 triangular windows, 150 sq metres of ploycarbonate for the windows, burnt out 70 angle-grinder discs, several drills, used up 25 tubes of silicon window sealant ... plus 700 hours work
... finished just in time for NaPo 2023

Just wow! so what will it contain?!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Josh said:

Really nice colours there - and some complex crocheting I guess.

The dome-greenhouse ... planning to plant avacado trees, maracujas, sweet potatoes ... so far ... but busy pruning olive trees currently while the moon is waning. I can't wait another month.

I’ve never heard of maracujas, what are they?

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

LunaGreyhawk said:

I’ve never heard of maracujas, what are they?

Maracujas are the Portuguese name for the proper edible passion-fruit (there is a non-edible version too). I'll post a pic when it's planted up.
Also gowing lemon-grass for tea, and cardomon to go in coffee.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

Just wow! so what will it contain?!

Two avocado trees, lemon-grass for tea, cardomon for coffee, passion-fruit ... no doubt more as it develops. Oh yes, sweet potatoes. Veronika & I will plant the avocado trees tomorrow. Outside the dome along the 27m pergola there are also 14 beds as the basis of "syntropic agriculture", a new experiment.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Me giving a talk in the dome to about 25 people (keen gardeners of "Beira Grass-Roots") on 2nd March.
In response to the question Why did I build it? I recited Mary Oliver's 'The Journey' ("one day you finally knew what you had to do, and began ..." )

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:Me giving a talk in the dome to about 25 people (keen gardeners of "Beira Grass-Roots") on 2nd March.
In response to the question Why did I build it? I recited Mary Oliver's 'The Journey' ("one day you finally knew what you had to do, and began ..." )

That is just perfect!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

That is just perfect!

Thank you

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019

This is a little totem necklace I made.  A local shop has asked me to make several for them, and this is the first.  I used crochet thread with glass and stone beads, and a pewter button.  

Go to page:
Go to: