Go to page:

Chat bot generated poems and critique

Betty
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 498

I agree  to disagree CF.

I can't tell gold from shit until I wash it off and weigh it, and by then, it may have passed through.

The shit is just the sliiiiightest bit different, just a liiiiitttle bit off, and if I'm distracted, or just a little disengaged I'm not going to lean in and sniff it.

That feeling? That smell of shit? That's the only guaranteed tell, and we have evidence that many of us did not sniff the shit for a hot minute.

Shit won multiple contests.

Shit was the top site reviewer.

Shit was nominated by two separate people for two separate poems for Poem of the Month.

Shit floats, but you have to know how to pan for gold to think about smelling it, and we, as a community, do not.

(raises glass)

Night is coming for us, friend. Best we can do is throw some Molotov's.

"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
-- Dylan Thomas

cold_fusion said:

There's some saying shit floats up, the heavy gold always reaches the depths.

Anyone with an iota of love and recognition of art I'dd say would clearly see the difference between Art and artificially generated blocks of words. Meaning but no depth. The aforementioned is not poetry.

I share your concern and frustration Betty and there clearly is a need to act on part of the site's policies and procedures re dealing with the issue.

At the same time I'd point to my first sentence in this reply, all humans can see/ feel the difference between the heavy gold and the floating shit. Shit show indeed in that way it is I'd say 😉

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1391

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 34awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 6055

DaisyGrace said:I found this to be very interesting:
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ai-photo-win-sony-scli-intl/index.html

https://www.eldagsen.com/sony-world-photography-awards-2023/

I think what I find interesting about this particular story is how he says that he entered an AI piece to start the conversation around AI art.

And yes… it’s kinda done that.

But as far as I’m aware, he admitted it was AI at the end. So I guess he wasn’t doing it to deceive. It’s when people start deceiving with it that it becomes an issue for me.

AI is never going to be for me. There needs to be humanity in writing, commenting too. While it’s good at flowery language, AI is never going to have that.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 12awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1223

DaisyGrace said:I found this to be very interesting:
https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ai-photo-win-sony-scli-intl/index.html

https://www.eldagsen.com/sony-world-photography-awards-2023/

Wow, fascinating!
(And also, the hands in that image are freaking me out...)

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011
Forum Posts: 14478

Also on a different vein:

https://youtu.be/AcvwDV-6bGo

Michael Schumacher's family to sue German magazine for using AI to generate an interview and trying to pass it as real

(Chap has been in a coma for some time,. ...still is )

quick update on the ring of AI which were fixing comps:  booted

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Hullo

an update of sorts :

you might notice the words

"We don't currently accept submissions generated using AI."

on our submissions page. that is because AI generated poetry and comments are not acceptable.

to that end if you have posted some AI generated poetry, it would be best to remove it.

Northern_Soul
-Missy-
Tyrant of Words
England 34awards
Joined 10th Jan 2021
Forum Posts: 6055

/\ like 👍🏻

DaisyGrace
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 29th Mar 2017
Forum Posts: 1391

never mind. my comment was not needed! ha!

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

[quote-565298-DaisyGrace]

I think we're looking at a best practice, honour amongst poets type thing ( )

that said, for the most part it does kinda stick out. it does mean we can move to re-move posts which have already been identified by the people who posted them

( for the most part best practice works ok,)

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15550

Just for clarification: What about images that accompany posts written by a human? I have been playing around with AI digital creations on some of my posts and always disclaim they are AI generated with PS etc.

lepperochan
Craic-Dealer
Guardian of Shadows
Palestine 67awards
Joined 1st Apr 2011

Ahavati said:Just for clarification: What about images that accompany posts written by a human? I have been playing around with AI digital creations on some of my posts and always disclaim they are AI generated with PS etc.

I think the webmiss thought carefully about her wording and in the near to mid-future will clarify further with an additional passage within the guidelines

I think from reading back through this thread and the other one related to it any bad vibes were towards the poetry more than the pictures  (which were generally accepted)

Edit: I can see how the above two paragraphs don't really compliment each other. I'd say for now maybe  take the webmiss words literally

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15550

lepperochan said:

I think the webmiss thought carefully about her wording and in the near to mid-future will clarify further with an additional passage within the guidelines

I think from reading back through this thread and the other one related to it any bad vibes were towards the poetry more than the pictures  (which were generally accepted)

Edit: I can see how the above two paragraphs don't really compliment each other. I'd say for now maybe  take the webmiss words literally

Thanks, Craic. I emailed her for clarification as to whether or not "submission" includes images or just text. I have always added a disclaimer to any image that was created with AI and modified with PS or Canva. Using AI as a source for my articles has never interested me.

I am having fun with the images.

Edit: I should've noted this earlier, but I am not seeing that disclaimer on the forum submissions. I imagine it's limited to the poetry submissions for now?

Betty
Tyrant of Words
United States 23awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 498

lepperochan said:Hullo

an update of sorts :

on our submissions page. that is because AI generated poetry and comments are not acceptable.

to that end if you have posted some AI generated poetry, it would be best to remove it.

Thanks for the clarification. I think that’s a great start!

cold_fusion
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 20awards
Joined 14th June 2017
Forum Posts: 5404

Northern_Soul said:/\ like 👍🏻

Ditto.

Thanks Dear Lep! 🙂

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1812

lepperochan said:Hullo

an update of sorts :

Thank you for that - it's the right decision as far as I'm concerned

Go to page:
Go to: