Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16241

Guess who will be earning membership into the NaPo Five'r Club if they complete this year?! That's right! Our own cabcool! You got this, Cab!!

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 29awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 749

Ahavati said:

Firstly, a hearty welcome back PR! Secondly, do you have Hulu? Part I of Dune is streaming now while Part II is currently in theaters. Here's a link to the classic and remake:

https://gizmodo.com/where-to-watch-dune-all-of-them-1847885469

Thanks ! I'll check them out, I don't have hulu, but they are on Vudu for rental on my roku (part one and 1984) and dune world is free

And thanks, ajay and Luna, cheers also

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

PoetsRevenge said:

Thanks ! I'll check them out, I don't have hulu, but they are on Vudu for rental on my roku (part one and 1984) and dune world is free

And thanks, ajay and Luna, cheers also

1984 is classic and will always be one of my favorites! I honestly put off watching part I of the remake because I feared it would ruin the original and I wouldn't be able to get it out of my mind. I was totally shocked when I loved it!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Our next TeamNapo'24 Feature is Summerrain75! Summer is a 48-year-old elementary school teacher and is married with two adult children. Writing is Summer's passion, which is why she joined DUP six years ago. This will be her 6th NaPoWriMo and 6th year service on the team!

Thank you, Summer, for serving DU as a valuable member of TeamNaPo'24!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Well, do ya?

Wafflenose
Ellie
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 20awards
Joined 1st Aug 2021
Forum Posts: 1210

I think I can't. But somehow, I have, for the past two years. Bring it on!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019
Forum Posts: 920

It’s amazing how somehow, you just do it when the time comes!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1817

LunaGreyhawk said:It’s amazing how somehow, you just do it when the time comes!

I think it's hormonal - and that's speaking as a man.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Summerrain75's poem, 'Ode to Poetry', is a tribute to the craft that moves her heart and what it brings to her life. Summer has been a dedicated TeamNapo Member for 6 years and we are very lucky to have her.

Thank you, Summer, for all you bring to this challenge and for sharing your poetry with us.

Zazzles
Broomie
Tyrant of Words
United States 24awards
Joined 23rd Nov 2013
Forum Posts: 1791

Having read the NaPo 2024 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Gloucester Massachusetts located in Time Zone _Eastern Standard Time.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Welcome, Zazzles! We're up to 25 registrants from 8 countries! Those who are nervous about joining us needn't be! It's a great team standing ready to support and encourage you along the way! No poet gets left behind!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Ahavati said:Summerrain75's poem, 'Ode to Poetry', is a tribute to the craft that moves her heart and what it brings to her life. Summer has been a dedicated TeamNapo Member for 6 years and we are very lucky to have her.

Thank you, Summer, for all you bring to this challenge and for sharing your poetry with us.

Such a beautiful poem, Summer!

LunaGreyhawk
Dangerous Mind
United States 19awards
Joined 8th July 2019

Zazzles said:
Having read the NaPo 2024 Rules & Guidelines, I'm in!
My location is Massachusetts located in Time Zone _Eastern Standard Time.

Welcome back Zazzles!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Who? Us?!

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 32awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6705

Strange question for the NaPoWriMo Team (of course I have to be the one to ask it); what is the process if I am travelling on a long flight and unlikely to be able to post? Is this a situation of notifying the Team, posting 1 extra before/after, and then continuing on with the competition?

My poetry has been rather neglected lately, and the NaPoWriMo is a trial by fire to rekindle the flames of inspiration.

As after all, The Words Must Flow.

Go to page:
Go to: