Go to page:

2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 79

You're amazing, in my books. Thanks for the comment over in the main room. Lovin' yr write(s).

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16250

Alrighty, folks! After Day 1, the Captains have reported in: We have two MIA's and one image violation. You're all doing an amazing job and the poetry being submitted is stellar! You would think there wasn't the pressure of a challenge at all!

Edit: Oops! I stand corrected! We have three MIA! Thanks, Summer!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Team NaPo: Update in Shoptalk.

Viddax
Lord Viddax
Guardian of Shadows
United Kingdom 32awards
Joined 10th Oct 2009
Forum Posts: 6705

My apologies for the Image Violation. You’d think a Veteran like me would know the rules inside and out, but you underestimate my incompetence!

It’s currently midnight where I am, but still 9 hours away from being able to post poem #3. When the Muse hits; she slaps hard!

Gahddess_Worship
Osomajestuoso
Tyrant of Words
United States 38awards
Joined 21st Aug 2013
Forum Posts: 839

Ahavati said:

It doesn't matter how you number it...If it's numbered, we're happy.

Thank you, Ahavati❣

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Viddax said:My apologies for the Image Violation. You’d think a Veteran like me would know the rules inside and out, but you underestimate my incompetence!

It’s currently midnight where I am, but still 9 hours away from being able to post poem #3. When the Muse hits; she slaps hard!

Viddax, you are the least incompetent person I know! Jetlag is real so I'm happy the Muse is with you, slapping you awake.

Gahddess_Worship said:
Thank you, Ahavati❣

You're welcome, Gahddess.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I think this is going to be one of the most difficult things I have ever had to announce during a NaPo, but I do have permission to share it. A long-time participant and director for two years, Eerie, has had to withdraw this year due to a medical diagnosis.  

I have a lot going on right now, as I have been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer in my lungs and I’m preparing to go out west for treatment. I just have my mind on other things. I hope it’s a good one this year, looks like many people signed up.

Many who know Eerie understand the struggle with cancer that she has undergone over the years, including a double mastectomy.

Of course we are devastated regarding this news, as Eerie has been an integral part of this annual challenge for years.

In addition to love, healing energy, and prayers sent on her behalf, if you are interested in how to additionally assist her through this difficult time, please DM me for more information.

Love hard and strong, Napoets. We never know what's going to happen on any given day.

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 14awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 782

Mrd said:TY, cabcool. Finally figured it out.
Great!  Now the sailing will be much smoother for you and everyone.
Just one thing to bear in mind:  

Double posting (two poems in the same 24-hour period) is against the rules. BUT you have complete freedom to edit any post as often as you like, within the same 24-hour period.  When you detect things you want to fix, don't repost the same poem to reveal the corrections; rather, click on EDIT and make the changes to the poem you have already posted.

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 12awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1228

Oh no. 😢  Sending so much love to Eerie.

ajay
Fire of Insight
England 2awards
Joined 21st Mar 2023
Forum Posts: 1758

brokentitanium said:Oh no. 😢  Sending so much love to Eerie.

Me too 💐💐💐

SatInUGal
Kumar
Dangerous Mind
United States 25awards
Joined 31st Dec 2015
Forum Posts: 940

So much love to Eerie.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Stay tuned, NaPoets! There's something in the works! xo

PoetsRevenge
Dangerous Mind
United States 29awards
Joined 30th June 2016
Forum Posts: 749

Me too about Eerie, she has been awesome to work with in the last few years of NaPos, great person, I truly wish her every prayer to Jesus in recovery

Aand i am definitely staying tuned ! To NaaaPo TV, where we are the stars !

Thetravelingfairy
Fire of Insight
United States 15awards
Joined 12th July 2017
Forum Posts: 286

Eerie, you are loved by me, and so many others. My heart hurts to hear this, but my thoughts will send nothing but love, healing, and peace towards you. 🧚‍♀️

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

NaPoets - If I do not have your email address, please DM me for a special announcement.

Go to page:
Go to: