Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15563

The 210 year-old leather on my desk finally ripped today. My parents purchased this desk in England in the mid 60's and had it shipped to the U.S. in the mid 70's. According to their household inventory list it was 150 years old when they purchased it from an antique dealer.

Though disappointed that the leather split, I also realized I was the first person to touch the wood under it in over 200 years. That gave me the "feels".

Ms_LaCarte
Ms. La Carte
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 19th June 2024
Forum Posts: 105

I admire your beautiful thoughts on this Ahavati, thanks for sharing your feels 🖤

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ms_LaCarte said:I admire your beautiful thoughts on this Ahavati, thanks for sharing your feels 🖤

🖤

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

This is the most bizarre post-op experience I've ever had. Either I am fluctuating between intermittent sleep and a zombie-like experience to tons of energy tackling long-overdue projects in my home. I redid my bathroom today and stained the windows. Also started on my office. Lord only knows what tomorrow will bring.

The doc did say it would take a month for the fentanyl to work it's way out of my system. She also put it in my chart that it makes me deathly sick. I won't be having anymore of that. I honestly don't see how there's an epidemic. The stuff is awful.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Spent some time outside trying to acclimate these two ladies to one another. Lots of side-eye glances and hissing. No connection yet. Which is sad. Because one is a lonely stray and the other a lonely housecat and they could be sisters.

Ms_LaCarte
Ms. La Carte
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 19th June 2024

Man, I love cats. Crossing my fingers for these two!

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2323

Ahavati said:Spent some time outside trying to acclimate these two ladies to one another. Lots of side-eye glances and hissing. No connection yet. Which is sad. Because one is a lonely stray and the other a lonely housecat and they could be sisters.

Having been with cats for a while in various situations,
Your scenario is gonna take time and may need YOUR intercession as the mediator.

Not knowing if You already tried to set aside QUALITY time for You 3, it HAS TO BE done.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Thanks guys. It's a very slow process. Ghost ( though I'm renaming her Athena ) hasn't been back since I let Kali out. I am sure she will return, but it's kinda her way of being mad at me, I think.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My poor cat during a hellacious lightening/thunderstorm today. She forgot her little mouse!

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 73awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 110

Getting psych… book signing party at my local library…

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Last week it was strawberry jam! This week it's peach preserves.

*phew*

Thankful the temps are in the 70's right now. Been under some heavy rains and storms for a week it seems. A tree broke off mid-trunk in the yard, so the yardman is going to have fun when he finally gets here.

Ms_LaCarte
Ms. La Carte
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 19th June 2024

Ahavati said:Last week it was strawberry jam! This week it's peach preserves.

*phew*

Thankful the temps are in the 70's right now. Been under some heavy rains and storms for a week it seems. A tree broke off mid-trunk in the yard, so the yardman is going to have fun when he finally gets here.

oh my, that looks like some perfect peach preserves 🤩 Do you do any freezer jams?

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 73awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 110

Still beaming after doing my book signing at Barnes & Noble last Saturday... am setting up another event for my collection of autumn poetry in late September...

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ms_LaCarte said:

oh my, that looks like some perfect peach preserves 🤩 Do you do any freezer jams?

They are SO GOOD on a hot buttered biscuit especially! I love peach anything!

No, I haven't tried freezer jams yet. Have you?

Ms_LaCarte
Ms. La Carte
Thought Provoker
United States 4awards
Joined 19th June 2024

LilDragonFly said:Still beaming after doing my book signing at Barnes & Noble last Saturday... am setting up another event for my collection of autumn poetry in late September...

That's awesome, kudos! ❣️

Go to page:
Go to: