Forum Posts: 16172

Hahahaha! This is fabulous!

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria 2awards
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 136

I'm doing decent? Classes are starting again soon for me,and I'm kinda nervous,but also excited,as it's my last year there.
Hoping it goes smoothly!

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 75awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 117

Celebrating my puppy's 4th birthday today... Happy Birthday Jade...

We have been listening to Lionel Ritchie... "Dancing on the Ceiling"...

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 75awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 117

Jade is so excited... just paid for my ski trip to Park City, Utah next January...

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Meditative.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

To all my Floridian, Georgian, and Carolina friends, hoping you've evacuated or are at least safely hunkered down for this cat 4 "catastrophic" and "unsurvivable" hurricane about to make land. We've had tornado warnings and are under a flood watch through tomorrow night. It hasn't stopped raining all day with more to come overnight and all day tomorrow too.

Please take this seriously. I've lived through a cat 5 storm and it's horrifying.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2024-09-26-hurricane-helene-forecast-landfall-florida-southeast

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

No power for three hours now. Tornado warnings. Flooding. Yard looks like a war zone and downtown Boone looks like Venice.

Could've sworn I heard someone outside yelling, "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" 🌀🌪🍁🍂🌿🌊🚣

Oh and the pressure of this front is unbelievable. My head feels like it's in a vice.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I am so grateful that all I've experienced is a power loss. Chimney Rock downtown has been washed away. Boone is underwater. And I know my Asheville family is OK but I can’t reach them.

Oh, and the parkway is closed.

Liziantus-Marantus
Ivelina Boneva
Thought Provoker
Bulgaria 2awards
Joined 7th Nov 2018
Forum Posts: 136

I'm doing well! Been taking it easy lately, classes started again just recently so I have less free time,but I manage to find time to read a good book.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5689

Me-- I am absolutely physically exhausted from work, this year, especially this week.  The healthcare system that I work for, is standardizing all the laboratories at each campus, by swapping out all the machines that run the blood + urine tests.  It's a massive undertaking, numerous studies need to be done before we can use an analyzer and it takes a team of people to make it happen.  

I manage the chemistry & urinalysis labs at 3 of the campuses and I'm tasked with 4 new chem analyzers & 4 urine ones.  The one you see in the photo, is the biggest chem analyzer I'm implementing and we went live with two of them , on Tuesday this week.  It was a complete shit show, stressful & a 13 hour shift for me.  

Each day got better as this week progressed, and I have one more machine to get running by December 2, our next go-live date.  Already did the first of these back in June, and I delegated the urine analyzers to another manager because it's physically impossible to do all that got dumped on me in the timeframe they want it done

So yeah -- I will be sleeping most of this weekend to recover from all the hours I worked this week.  My main consolation is that when a platform change comes around again, I'll be long retired --- we get anywhere from 8 to 14 years out of a lab analyzer depending on which one it is.  

#Getting. Too. Old . For. This.

MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 90awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5689

Ahavati said:I am so grateful that all I've experienced is a power loss. Chimney Rock downtown has been washed away. Boone is underwater. And I know my Asheville family is OK but I can’t reach them.

Oh, and the parkway is closed.

Good that you & yours are safe, hoping that everyone affected by the storm is, as well

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

The first photo was taken the day before Helene

When I said downtown Chimney Rock is washed away, I mean washed away. Poor Boone. . .Asheville is down, all communication towers and roads. Only way to reach them is by air.

MadameLavender said:

Good that you & yours are safe, hoping that everyone affected by the storm is, as well

25+ hours no power here.

Go to page:
Go to: