Go to page:

So, how are we all?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15218

inechoingsilence said:Praying you and yours (and everyone in your region) will come through this season safe and with as little property damage as possible. We get the occasional vicious storm, but it's usually mild compared to hurricanes.

Happy Memorial Day, USA!

Thank you. We get slammed when it comes up through the coast from the east or south. Have a safe and happy holiday. xo

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 72awards
Joined 22nd July 2017
Forum Posts: 106

Finishing up packing... getting ready to head to the Azores for a Travelers' Century Club meeting... giving a couple of poetry readings... bringing along some of my travel poetry to sell... reconnect with fellow globetrotters...

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2317

Pensive --
My Mom turned 91 this past Sunday
What's left of the clan moved outta AZ to Washington State mid-May

Maybe i am just homesick

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:Pensive --
My Mom turned 91 this past Sunday
What's left of the clan moved outta AZ to Washington State mid-May

Maybe i am just homesick

Did you not have a chance to go with them, Tallen? Or did you just not want to go?

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Despite being pummeled by rain earlier, the afternoon turned out to be a very nice Memorial Day gathering. ☀🇺🇸

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2317

Ahavati said:

Did you not have a chance to go with them, Tallen? Or did you just not want to go?

i didn't want to move because my body doesn't do Humidity

i actually love the dry AZ heat.  i haven't even turned on my a/c yet and currently, it's 84 deg F inside my domicile.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Tallen said:

i didn't want to move because my body doesn't do Humidity

i actually love the dry AZ heat.  i haven't even turned on my a/c yet and currently, it's 84 deg F inside my domicile.

I miss that about the Southwest—zero humidity. It's actually cool in the shade, whereas here in hell's kitchen it's just as hot. It was great for my asthma as well. Though it's stabilized now.

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 72awards
Joined 22nd July 2017

Enjoying a misty morning in the Azores…

UbiquitousVoid
. . . . . . . .
Thought Provoker
United States 11awards
Joined 11th Sep 2016
Forum Posts: 247

Trying to heal, one day at a time. Dropped alcohol, dropped marijuana, 100% sober. Still in immense psychological pain. Sleepless nights, constant social paranoia, self-doubt, self-loathing. Trying to find a bright side to this twisted world we live in. All I can do is try. One day at a time. I hope one day I love myself again, no matter how bold a dream.

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

UbiquitousVoid said:Trying to heal, one day at a time. Dropped alcohol, dropped marijuana, 100% sober. Still in immense psychological pain. Sleepless nights, constant social paranoia, self-doubt, self-loathing. Trying to find a bright side to this twisted world we live in. All I can do is try. One day at a time. I hope one day I love myself again, no matter how bold a dream.

Firstly, give yourself credit for your accomplishments. To stop drinking and smoking marijuana are major accomplishments that many would love to do but haven't been able to. You should be proud of yourself. Very proud of yourself.

If it was a friend or yours, or family member, would you not be proud of them? Then why not be proud of yourself too?

Give your body time to adjust and focus on what you want to do for the rest of your life. What is it you love? What is it you desire? What is it you're interested in? You've taken the first steps toward a brand-new life.

Under the influence of alcohol and drugs eased the emptiness of possible mediocracy. Without them you are facing reality and it's a shock to your system. So, get plenty of rest. Eat as healthy as possible. Drink plenty of water to flush the chemicals out completely. SPEND AS MUCH TIME IN NATURE AS YOU CAN. Allow your body to recover naturally.

Love yourself. Love the body that has carried you onward despite being abused by alcohol and drugs. Focus on ONE thing you'd like to learn more about. Don't expect all the answers right now just because you've gotten clean.

Take one step at a time. Yes, the world is screwed up in areas but it's still as beautiful as ever in other areas.

Love yourself.

You got this.

Betty
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 489

UbiquitousVoid said:Trying to heal, one day at a time. Dropped alcohol, dropped marijuana, 100% sober. Still in immense psychological pain. Sleepless nights, constant social paranoia, self-doubt, self-loathing. Trying to find a bright side to this twisted world we live in. All I can do is try. One day at a time. I hope one day I love myself again, no matter how bold a dream.

I’m so proud of you.

Depression is a lying cunt, just remember that
We’re rooting for you.

If you need anything, even if it’s just for someone to tell you fart jokes, reach out

I don’t fart. So I don’t known any fart jokes. But theoretically!

One day at a time.

You got this!

Betty
Dangerous Mind
United States 18awards
Joined 8th May 2012
Forum Posts: 489

So I was at the gym, listening to rage metal and getting endorphins to try and regulate the freaking balls-ass funk I’m in.

Get in the car and before I could sync my phone, the radio blared out the first chords of ‘I will survive’ by Gloria Gaynor.

Biiittttccchhh yes!

I screamed the song home. I scared people at a traffic light.

I rolled the window down and yelled “HELL NO” at passing traffic after “Did I crumble”

I’m going to eat cake and keep that song on repeat until the dopamine high from it is utterly exhausted.

But it was a good moment in a shit day. So go me!

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Betty said:So I was at the gym, listening to rage metal and getting endorphins to try and regulate the freaking balls-ass funk I’m in.

Get in the car and before I could sync my phone, the radio blared out the first chords of ‘I will survive’ by Gloria Gaynor.

Biiittttccchhh yes!

I screamed the song home. I scared people at a traffic light.

I rolled the window down and yelled “HELL NO” at passing traffic after “Did I crumble”

I’m going to eat cake and keep that song on repeat until the dopamine high from it is utterly exhausted.

But it was a good moment in a shit day. So go me!

Yes! Go YOU! And keep going, right into the future you deserve!

YOU got this.

LilDragonFly
Tyrant of Words
United States 72awards
Joined 22nd July 2017

At the airport… fun stay in the Azores… two poetry readings… sold a bunch of books… saw old friends… made some new ones… looking forward to going home…

Ahavati
Tyrant of Words
United States 118awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Dang it!! Up early to see the rare six-planet parade this morning and of course it's cloudy! Thunderstorms rolled through last night and left behind their clouds.

Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are aligned in the sky, according to Star Walk astronomical report.

Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn can be spotted with the naked eye; however, a telescope or high-powered binoculars will be needed to see Neptune and Uranus.the Moon was also visible.

The planets will be visible just before sunrise, so please get up! It's worth it!

#art rbkomar/Getty Images

Go to page:
Go to: