Forum Posts: 2648

looks yummy 😊

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15962

I have a friend who worked for DSS who was organizing a "chair auction" and was asking various artists in the area to donate painted chairs. Another friend was moving and cleaning out her attic and ran across this child's white wicker chair and said I could have it.

Since it was a child's, I opted to go with a 'Monsters' theme while adding a blankie, book, and beanie babies. It was such fun to make because it took me back to being a mother and doing things like this for my children.

I loved how it turned out. It was the first to sell to a couple with a little girl, who won the bid at $275.00.

crimsin said:looks yummy 😊

It was. I do love fresh summer fruit.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

I thought of this thread when I read this:

“When you learn to make things with your hands, you begin to awaken an awareness of the beauty and value of things in your life.

Handmaking teaches us about slowness: the antidote to brevity and efficiency. It shows us, through the patience and skillfulness of our own hands, what goes into a thing.
When we put those long efforts into bringing beauty into the world, we are honouring that which made us by creating as we have been created. We are taught to respect the slow, attentive piecing together of the life we yearn for.

Stitch by stitch, we apprentice the craft. We work in tandem with mystery, feeling its rhythms awaken in our bone-memory.

As the hands work, the mind is stilled and a greater listening is engaged as we drop down into the deep rhythm of devotion, where the whole world is in communion.
The ferns unfurl, the daffodils trumpet, the rosebuds fatten, and the song of creation can be heard.”

~ Toko-pa Turner, excerpt From “Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home”
www.belongingbook.com

Art by Meraylah Allwood

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Last of the peaches! Bring on Autumn apples!

Rew
Fire of Insight
England 15awards
Joined 30th Sep 2022
Forum Posts: 534

Its difficult deleting some posts
so...it's difficult...

Go to page:
Go to: