2024 Official DUP NaPoWriMo Discussion Thread

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16253

theblackbird said:

Thank you! took a bad hit on my wings, but it's trying to heal. 🐦 (Or maybe it's the rads! ) The wasteland haven't seen the last of me yet.

You're a wonderful example of perseverance, Blackbird. Many in the past have given up after missing a day.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Ho! Ho! Ho! Looky what we have here! Thirty-five still going strong! Way to go, NaPoets! Keep it  up! I still can't get over the level of poetry being pumped out! Well done all!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Oops! Sorry, Day 07 ^

cabcool
Guardian of Shadows
Jamaica 14awards
Joined 27th Feb 2014
Forum Posts: 782

Ahavati said:Oops! Sorry, Day 07 ^
As I checked in just now, that was the first thing I saw -- day 8.  I thought to myself, when did I miss a day; goodness, I have not posted my day 8 poem!

For the sake of lack of ambiguity, Ahavati, would you mind reposting the day 7 results under their right day number?  That will make it easier if one is doing a total reconnoitre of the challenge results.

Thanks.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

cabcool said:
As I checked in just now, that was the first thing I saw -- day 8.  I thought to myself, when did I miss a day; goodness, I have not posted my day 8 poem!

For the sake of lack of ambiguity, Ahavati, would you mind reposting the day 7 results under their right day number?  That will make it easier if one is doing a total reconnoitre of the challenge results.

Thanks.

And then you read it was a mistake!

I think it's fine, Cab. We're all human and I think showing and admitting our mistakes, whether founder, director, captain, or team member, is good for everyone.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Whoop whoop! Looking good, NaPoets! Keep up the good work and poetic delights in the desert oasis! [ Pretty certain I got the number right today! ]

Inside_Roare
Ivo
Twisted Dreamer
Czech Republic 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2023
Forum Posts: 16

I will try to follow the challenge, but time is short. I continue.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Inside_Roare said:I will try to follow the challenge, but time is short. I continue.

Not sure what you're saying, Inside_Roare. We would've loved to have had you; unfortunately, this year it's not possible because you've missed too many days. If you want to message me your email addy I can add you to the notification list for next year.

But we do thank you for following visually, and perhaps supporting some of our NaPoets!

Inside_Roare
Ivo
Twisted Dreamer
Czech Republic 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2023

I am not interested, I want to express my emotions freely and regardless of time, I will not be influenced by anyone.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Inside_Roare said:I am not interested, I want to express my emotions freely and regardless of time, I will not be influenced by anyone.

Not trying to influence you here, but okay. I can respect that.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 79

I just absolutely adore your graciousness. What a role !model you are for cranky, old easily-offended me. You rock

Inside_Roare
Ivo
Twisted Dreamer
Czech Republic 1awards
Joined 8th Sep 2023

Thank you for your understanding, but I can't type like a machine. The lyrics wouldn't have the charge I want. I'd like to think about it by next year, but doing lyrics day by day is not a good option. I redo many texts after a few days, I enjoy playing around with them again. i can't work on quantity. I'm sorry about that. But I certainly don't want to break up badly. Ivo

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Mrd said:I just absolutely adore your graciousness. What a role !model you are for cranky, old easily-offended me. You rock

I'm having a good day.

Inside_Roare said:Thank you for your understanding, but I can't type like a machine. The lyrics wouldn't have the charge I want. I'd like to think about it by next year, but doing lyrics day by day is not a good option. I redo many texts after a few days, I enjoy playing around with them again. i can't work on quantity. I'm sorry about that. But I certainly don't want to break up badly. Ivo

I feel ya, bruh. But perhaps if you viewed it as having 30 song lyrics to edit in May it might help. Trust me, this challenge expects effort, not quality. Editing comes after.

Mrd
Fire of Insight
United States 2awards
Joined 10th Apr 2020
Forum Posts: 79

Much aloha to both of you. Ahavati is my idea of the perfect Earth Mama moderator and you are to be commended for your dedication to your craft.

I post clunkers now and then just to keep up with the deadline pressure, hoping to rewrite down the line.

My cat poem which I am struggling to write has me all torn up inside but I have to get it done just to express what I am going through, without trying to make it sound like it's the end of the world.

So. My very best to both of you, too all of us, who choose our priorities and put one (in my case) leaden foot in front of the other.

mrd

brokentitanium
k.
Tyrant of Words
Canada 12awards
Joined 18th Nov 2015
Forum Posts: 1228

This year, I'm approaching this challenge as an opportunity (that's the nice way of saying it's forcing me) to create intentional space in my routine for creative time. So far, so good - I've written 'something' every morning for 9 days now. IN THE MORNING. MORNING!!! This is huge for me. Every other NaPo has been a skin-of-my-teeth, end-of-the-day affair involving a lot of sleep deprivation. I'm not excited about all the poems I've written so far... but I AM excited about the possibility that I might actually find a way to consistently fit poetry (and/or music) into my everyday life!

I always post my NaPo poems on my page right away because if I don't, it might never happen. (And because I'm a sucker for interaction, which we can't do in the Challenge.) But that's just how I operate. I don't care if y'all see me a little unkempt. If I think a poem is worth it, I'll scrub up their nails & brush their hair later to make them presentable to the world in some other setting. To my knowledge, no one jumps from DUP to "the bigtime" (is there a poetry bigtime??) without publishing elsewhere first, so I see this place as my playground - where I can fall off the monkey bars onto my face without any real consequence.

Thanks for giving us such a fun game to play here, NaPo Team! 😁

(I dunno what got me going on that little rant... this place has been too quiet anyway!)

Go to page:
Go to: