Go to page:

things you've made

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017
Forum Posts: 1815

Ahavati said:Today was transplant day! All my little seedlings made it but one. Today my little zinnia thanked me when I watered it and whispered, "Today you get a bigger home!" Before long I'll have pots full of them blooming!

Plant power is where it's at
We used to live near here ... https://www.edenproject.com/

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 16172

Josh said:

Plant power is where it's at
We used to live near here ... https://www.edenproject.com/

wow! We have a botanical garden here that I like to visit a few times a year to garner inspiration. My zinnias are about 12" high now! They should bear blooms any day! The marigolds have already bloomed once and been pruned; now they're loaded with new blooms. My cone flowers are a bit slow this year, but growing, nonetheless.

I grew these two monstrosities ( Golden Pothos ) from cuttings 8 years ago; each year I have to trim the bottom and root for new ones ( hanging in the window ). The last is the two I recently rooted taking off. They'll be ready for new planters next spring.

You can't really see it, but in the far corner bottom of the window is a little Chinese Money Plant ( Pilea peperomioides ) I've been growing from a cutting that will be transplanted into a bigger pot with the next New Moon ( I garden with the Moon ).

I have a huge Peace Lily that I had to separate this year. They are both on my back patio through the season. They thrive in the outdoor heat as long as it's shaded but will come in before the first frost.

“The kiss of the sun for pardon,
the song of the birds for mirth,
one is nearer God’s heart in a garden
than anywhere else on earth”

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

EDIT: oops! This was meant for the How are we thread! Sorry!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

wow! We have a botanical garden here that I like to visit a few times a year to garner inspiration. My zinnias are about 12" high now! They should bear blooms any day! The marigolds have already bloomed once and been pruned; now they're loaded with new blooms. My cone flowers are a bit slow this year, but growing, nonetheless.

I grew these two monstrosities ( Golden Pothos ) from cuttings 8 years ago; each year I have to trim the bottom and root for new ones ( hanging in the window ). The last is the two I recently rooted taking off. They'll be ready for new planters next spring.

You can't really see it, but in the far corner bottom of the window is a little Chinese Money Plant ( Pilea peperomioides ) I've been growing from a cutting that will be transplanted into a bigger pot with the next New Moon ( I garden with the Moon ).

I have a huge Peace Lily that I had to separate this year. They are both on my back patio through the season. They thrive in the outdoor heat as long as it's shaded but will come in before the first frost.

“The kiss of the sun for pardon,
the song of the birds for mirth,
one is nearer God’s heart in a garden
than anywhere else on earth”

Looks like you're cultivating your own in-house garden project -- nice.
Like the poem too, Nature holds all the clues as to how life really works.  I think the only way the human race will be saved will be to grow in humility and learn in symbiosis with plants and wild animals. Perhaps AI could be use its massive computing power to learn animal & plant-speak. Hmmm.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

New tablet-weaving project warped up ready to go ...

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Excited to see what you create, Josh!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:Excited to see what you create, Josh!

I'll take a photo half way through - I'm not sure exactly how it will look. That's what I like about weaving this type. You set up a warp with an idea in mind, but how you turn the tablets opens up various options on a basic design ...

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

I'll take a photo half way through - I'm not sure exactly how it will look. That's what I like about weaving this type. You set up a warp with an idea in mind, but how you turn the tablets opens up various options on a basic design ...

I won first place for a weaving I did in an art show. I actually loved the methodical, calming nature of it. Not sure why I never pursued it. Life, I guess.

slipalong
Dangerous Mind
United Kingdom 41awards
Joined 1st Jan 2018
Forum Posts: 842

though you might like to see this my Willow Angel (illuminated) made for christmas 2024

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

slipalong said:though you might like to see this my Willow Angel (illuminated) made for christmas 2024

That is lovely, slip. I bet it was beautiful lit up!

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

I won first place for a weaving I did in an art show. I actually loved the methodical, calming nature of it. Not sure why I never pursued it. Life, I guess.

Weaving is a great meditative and calming process (until you get in a tangle ). I'm interested in 'power clothing', as in hand-made with an intent to bring true discernment into any situation. There is a proper place for 'robes', so I believe. In the past in the Americas, textiles were more prized than gold,

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Weaving is a great meditative and calming process (until you get in a tangle ). I'm interested in 'power clothing', as in hand-made with an intent to bring true discernment into any situation. There is a proper place for 'robes', so I believe. In the past in the Americas, textiles were more prized than gold,

-I love my ritual robes, but they aren't handmade. I do have a handmade coat made from recycled sweaters just like this one, except mine is various shades of grey, lavender, and purple ( which you really can't see in the box ).

One day I hope to own a handmade ritual robe! Holy Clothing has some I am eyeing.

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

-I love my ritual robes, but they aren't handmade. I do have a handmade coat made from recycled sweaters just like this one, except mine is various shades of grey, lavender, and purple ( which you really can't see in the box ).

One day I hope to own a handmade ritual robe! Holy Clothing has some I am eying.

Those look beautiful - the complete opposite of 'fast fashion'. In 2000 we were in Japan when the 30th anniversary celebrations of the "Saori' hand-weaving movement was taking place. We got an invitation to attend. There were about 1,000 people in Osaka's Ritz-Carlton all wearing their hand-woven clothes; totally inspirational. We came home with a small foldable 'Saori' loom and that started our weaving journey.

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 121awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Josh said:

Those look beautiful - the complete opposite of 'fast fashion'. In 2000 we were in Japan when the 30th anniversary celebrations of the "Saori' hand-weaving movement was taking place. We got an invitation to attend. There were about 1,000 people in Osaka's Ritz-Carlton all wearing their hand-woven clothes; totally inspirational. We came home with a small foldable 'Saori' loom and that started our weaving journey.

SO envious! Can't wait to see what you create!

Here is Holy Clothing's website. They are not expensive at all ( not compared to alternate clothing sites ). I have my eye on a certain style there.

https://holyclothing.com/collections/dresses-1

Josh
Joshua Bond
Tyrant of Words
Palestine 41awards
Joined 2nd Feb 2017

Ahavati said:

SO envious! Can't wait to see what you create!

Here is Holy Clothing's website. They are not expensive at all ( not compared to alternate clothing sites ). I have my eye on a certain style there.

https://holyclothing.com/collections/dresses-1

Thank you for the link

Go to page:
Go to: