Page:

Technical Issue with code?

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018
Forum Posts: 141

Reader says that on several of my poems, he sees a html code all over saying L-SEP (Example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41555397/strange-symbol-shows-up-on-website-l-sep)

Wondering if any of you are seeing the same thing. Specifically on Owl Series: I.

Has anyone else experienced this symbol cropping up? I don't see it at all on mine or anyone else's. I use a Mac and an I-phone with Safari and Chrome browsers.

Tallen
earth_empath
Tyrant of Words
34awards
Joined 15th Oct 2018
Forum Posts: 2306

I clicked on Your link and yes, I see the L-SEP in various places.

I am using an old Dell Desktop PC and my browser is Firefox

Can't answer Your Question just wanted to add some info

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018

ok, i went in to modify a poem and found that i had a lot of unnecessary spaces after words before line breaks. i transfer my poems a lot over several mediums so i guess some extra spacing junk got attached (silent L-SEP parasite)

thankfully, i don't have that many poems posted. going through all of them and deleting unwanted spaces. when i'm done, will you please recheck and see if they disappear?

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018

Tallen said:I clicked on Your link and yes, I see the L-SEP in various places.

I am using an old Dell Desktop PC and my browser is Firefox

Can't answer Your Question just wanted to add some info

could you check my poems out again and see if i was able to clean it up by deleting the extra spacings?

yelluw_always
Haley Quaquaversal
Fire of Insight
United States 5awards
Joined 24th Dec 2018

it worked!! L-SEP, your freeloading day on my page has been cut.

admin
DU Webmistress
Mistress of the Underground
1awards

Character encoding/decoding can be a tricky affair, especially when people are copying content from other software, which may use non-standard encoding. Most of the web uses UTF8. I do have some code in place to weed out common issues, but occasional problems can crop up. I'm glad you found the culprit.

Page:
Go to: