poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
MadameLavender
Guardian of Shadows
United States 89awards
Joined 17th Feb 2013
Forum Posts: 5667

Posting this here, too, as I did in the other politically heated thread:

And let's get back to civilized discussion--this isn't the Mad Max Thunderdome , so unless y'all want some threads to disappear and some forum bans handed out, let's dispense with the name calling and personal attacks

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015
Forum Posts: 15735

MadameLavender said:Posting this here, too, as I did in the other politically heated thread:

And let's get back to civilized discussion--this isn't the Mad Max Thunderdome , so unless y'all want some threads to disappear and some forum bans handed out, let's dispense with the name calling and personal attacks

Posting this here too as its applicable.

Ahavati said:

Right. Because it would be too much for you to simply delete the name-calling, guideline-violation posts of your conservative allies rather than hide or send the entire thread to the boiler room.

Hey, want to silence your opponents, then send in some conservative allies to throw around Nazi-name calling and BOOM, the thread disappears!

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

What we know about the 20-year-old suspect in the apparent assassination attempt of Donald Trump

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man identified as the shooter in the apparent assassination attempt of former President Donald Trump was a 20-year-old from a Pittsburgh suburb not far from the campaign rally where one attendee was killed.

Investigators were working Sunday to gather more information about Thomas Matthew Crooks of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, who they say opened fire at the rally before being killed by Secret Service days before Trump was to accept the Republican nomination for a third time.

An FBI official said late Saturday that investigators had not yet determined a motive. Two spectators were critically injured, authorities said.

Relatives of Crooks didn’t immediately respond to messages from The Associated Press. His father, Matthew Crooks, told CNN late Saturday that he was trying to figure out “what the hell is going on” but wouldn’t speak about his son until after he talked to law enforcement.

A blockade had been set up Sunday preventing traffic near Crooks' house, which is in an enclave of modest brick houses nestled in the hills of blue-collar Pittsburgh.

Crooks' political leanings were not immediately clear. Records show Crooks was registered as a Republican voter in Pennsylvania, but federal campaign finance reports also show he gave $15 to a progressive political action committee on Jan. 20, 2021, the day President Joe Biden was sworn in to office.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/what-we-know-about-the-20-year-old-suspect-in-the-apparent-assassination-attempt-of-donald-trump/ar-BB1pXoVT?ocid=msedgntp&pc=ACTS&cvid=45462f82488d44a39c0c110c6114efbe&ei=18

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

Posts that violate guidelines should be hidden and the poster warned. But instead, THREE PREVIOUS THREADS of this SAME title have been locked and/or sent to the boiler room because of the SAME posters.

These threads violate ZERO guidelines, yet they are closed due to repeated guideline violations by posters. Posters whom the conservative moderators agree with. So, hey! Excuse to close the thread.

Enough is enough. Hide the offending posts and warn the poster. Leave the threads alone.

EDIT: Here are the threads:

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/boil/read/12729/ ( Last one - Boiler room )

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12606/ ( locked )

https://deepundergroundpoetry.com/forum/speakeasy/read/12585/ ( locked )

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

Anonymous said:<< post removed >>

It has NOTHING to do with ME. It's about what's RIGHT. Something that DOESN'T violate guidelines is targeted because of the SAME posters that ARE violating guidelines. REPEATEDLY.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

My personal thoughts on the attempted assassination and all who would use violence as an answer:

Someone defending the truth is akin to a tiny ant defending an elephant. It's born of fear and a desire to control an outcome.  

I'm always laughed at or chided/goaded for referring to love being an answer - but it is.

poet Anonymous

<< post removed >>
poet Anonymous

Ahavati
Tams
Tyrant of Words
United States 119awards
Joined 11th Apr 2015

What I really hate is that the shooter was only 20 years old. He had his whole life ahead of him. Not to blame the parents, because good parents can end up with children that act in such a manner regardless of how much love they tried to provide, but I would be interested to know in what type of environment he was raised or if he had mental conditions or if his actions were personal.

For example, a grandparent who passed during COVID-19 or some such thing where he misplaced his anger and/or resentment. None of which excuses the behavior by any means, but I do like to know the backstory. That may be the Scorpio in me, but my guess is there's a lot more who would like to know too. Then again, we may never know.

My heart goes out to his parents for their loss, but I don't think they'll have time to adequately mourn for quite some time because they will be targeted, especially regarding access to the firearm used. And they should if they were irresponsible in that regard.

Go to page:
Go to: